Author Topic: how to prevent suicide  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: how to prevent suicide
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2013, 12:39:55 am »
+1
Yes, totally, teenagers are the most unbiased and rational people ever. They aren't well known for being hormone ridden idiots with no experience of life, easily led and manipulated, not to mention not posessing physically fully developped brains.
Seriously though, "teenagers can assess the world in an unbiased way", has to be one of the most hilarious standalone comments ever.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2013, 12:45:54 am »
Because living in denial is so mature. Do you know the main reason why teenagers realize that the world sucks? Because they don't have a lot of investments made yet that they can lose. They can assess the world in an unbiased way. But then they find someone they love, have children with them, settle down, buy a couple of cars, maybe a vacation house, etc., and suddenly the world doesn't suck so much anymore. Except it still does, they just reduced the limits of their view of the world to their garden fence.

or,  ooooor,  next to the small world of family and cars,  the bigger picture of a whole world full of shit gets set into place again by relating our existence to time and space,  rendering anything going on in this world quite useless in the big picture and giving you the ultimate conclusion,  to just make the best out of what you got,  cause in the end,  nothing matters,  except that everything matters.

dududummmm
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2013, 12:48:49 am »
Yes, totally, teenagers are the most unbiased and rational people ever. They aren't well known for being hormone ridden idiots with no experience of life, easily led and manipulated, not to mention not posessing physically fully developped brains.
Seriously though, "teenagers can assess the world in an unbiased way", has to be one of the most hilarious standalone comments ever.

In which way are they biased, then?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2013, 01:12:48 am »
+1
Here, this Nietzsche quote is for you Leshma:

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
And how!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 2289
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2013, 01:21:14 am »
+1
Don't worry, I'm far from that stage. Very satisfied with my life atm, humans are evolving specie and I'm one of them. But still miss that period when I was a kid, with pure soul and stuff like that.

Also, I believe abyss Nietzsche was mentioning has something to do with drug abuse. He was also a junkie, like many other great minds. Unlike him, I don't do drugs. Never was, never will.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2013, 01:23:18 am »
+2
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 1160
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2013, 01:26:57 am »
+1
Nope. You know, when I decided to quit cRPG last time, one person said something very true. It was Tears. He said something along these lines: it might seem you spend a lot of time on cRPG but after you quit playing something else will fill that gap and nothing will change. Exactly how it happened.

Games aren't addictions, they aren't on par with alcohol or drug abuse. Your mind stays clear all the time and you're able to make right decisions. When high on something, you're unable to do that.

I know you're probably joking, but I don't find it funny because there's way too many retards around trying to put video games in the same basket as heroin. 

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2013, 01:32:11 am »
+3
If the people would just listen to this they wouldn't suicide.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2013, 01:43:46 am »
+1
Transhumanists are funny. Also LordBerenger, that guy in your gif died at that exact moment, not the most tastefull of sigs.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2013, 02:58:59 am »
While there is a certain naivety with youth (which you lose) that does not mean as you grow older you gradually get more evil or less concerned with the well being of humanity.

About suicide, it's true that I wanted to do it as a kid. Reason is as I stated. Was believing in right, good, fairytales, was raised like that. Wanted to help everyone, never hurt anyone, be as good as humanly possible. Then, when I was 13 years old I discovered nasty side of humanity. Was seriously depressed, couldn't live with that.

The world is wrong, you are right. So conform to the evil world just because it's easier, larger?

No. Change the world. When you stare, do not let the abyss stare back.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2013, 03:21:56 am »
+2
Yeah, tell the abyss to, like, take a picture 'cause it lasts longer. But if he persists you might have to take him to court to get a restraining order. Luckily, there's usually a lot of stuff like "existence" in between you and the void. But, you also might want to watch out for her too sometimes because, like, I think they're related somehow, like, she came from the void or something and they might be related and the apple doesn't usually fall far from the tree you know so it might, like, be better to just keep your cool 'cause you don't want to end up sitting on a window ledge of existance, like, contemplate throwing yourself into a void.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:27:43 am by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2013, 04:51:47 am »
From my experience I have learned a one good lesson. If you ever decide to commit suicide - make sure you have chosen the right path to way out of the life, otherwise you risk being left crippled for the rest of your life.
(click to show/hide)
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2013, 04:57:54 am »
From my experience I have learned a one good lesson. If you ever decide to commit suicide - make sure you have chosen the right path to way out of the life, otherwise you risk being left crippled for the rest of your life.
(click to show/hide)
If you really wanted to commit suicide and being crippled didn't suddenly make you love your life you could probably still manage to do so.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2013, 05:54:27 am »
+1
Transhumanists are funny.
What makes them funny?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2013, 11:03:07 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)
how do you know?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.