Author Topic: how to prevent suicide  (Read 3902 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: how to prevent suicide
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2013, 10:36:12 pm »
+1
I've been deep down in depression, life feels truly meaningless, and everything is just shit, and in general life is not worth living, it's actually just a total mess of pain. You should try it before you talk like you know shit.

You might wanna state who you aiming that at :D

But hey, I'm a coward and I know it: as bad as it gets I'll never have to courage to end my life while I still have family alive, just because I cannot face the fear of how it would upset them. If they thought it was their fault, that would be so awful that it keeps me alive tbh.

Well, be happy you are of such an unburdened mind and enjoy life. Don't you think if you would get it, you would maybe also like to go? There lurks danger, you have been warned.

^^

Teeth: dont dwell on it, once you really look into the abyss there is no looking entirely away, just sometimes averting your eyes for a while.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2013, 11:15:17 pm »
+3
I've been deep down in depression, life feels truly meaningless, and everything is just shit, and in general life is not worth living, it's actually just a total mess of pain. You should try it before you talk like you know shit.
Some people aren't capable of enough self-pity to get depressed.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2013, 11:27:08 pm »
Obviously if you're naive enough to fully internalize the fairytales you're bombarded with in childhood, it's going to be rough when you run into this little thing called "reality". I find it hilarious how these weaklings then feel "betrayed" by the world, because they're narcissitic enough to feel entitled to this idealistic fantasy that only ever existed in their imagination, as opposed to feeling humbled and fascinated by the real complexity of life. The reaction of "boohoo the world is full of evil, let us mourn like useless cunts" angers me, just because you're not the center of a disneyworld fantasy doesn't make the world iredeemably evil, unless again you're a completely self-centered narcissist. If your measure of what the world should be like is still based on the perspective of a prepubescent, probably sheltered kid, then no, you haven't matured or grown up at all. The vast majority of the world looks into the "abyss" on a daily basis, and they just get the fuck on with their lives, finding happiness and love where they can. You're not any more particularly perceptive or insightful than the average person, who noticed this disconnect between wishfull emotional bullshit and reality a long time ago, just more whiny and self-pitying.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2194
  • Infamy: 879
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2013, 11:31:50 pm »
+1
You know what, Oberyn. Recently Google bought Boston Dynamics, creators of BigDog robot. Now they are working on this:

So all this chat is a bit pointless right now and it will be completely pointless in the future.

Real complexity of life is going to be booted and exchanged with those fairy tale values very soon. When it comes to gaming, pricks like you are already forbidden to play certain games because Kinect don't like players who swear a lot.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2013, 11:40:24 pm »
Of course Leshma, "come the revolution". I'm not sure how exactly robots are going to make humanity fulfill your ridiculously unrealistic criteria for what is "good", but whatevs, I'm sure you'll work out the details. And oooooh, Kinect gaming forbids swearing? Zomg, such massive strides! The entire way people over the world relate to and live with each other will magically morph, because a gaming service for priviledged first worlders forbids swearing. *Golf clap*

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2013, 11:41:03 pm »
Obviously if you're naive enough to fully internalize the fairytales you're bombarded with in childhood, it's going to be rough when you run into this little thing called "reality". I find it hilarious how these weaklings then feel "betrayed" by the world, because they're narcissitic enough to feel entitled to this idealistic fantasy that only ever existed in their imagination, as opposed to feeling humbled and fascinated by the real complexity of life. The reaction of "boohoo the world is full of evil, let us mourn like useless cunts" angers me, just because you're not the center of a disneyworld fantasy doesn't make the world iredeemably evil, unless again you're a completely self-centered narcissist. If your measure of what the world should be like is still based on the perspective of a prepubescent, probably sheltered kid, then no, you haven't matured or grown up at all. The vast majority of the world looks into the "abyss" on a daily basis, and they just get the fuck on with their lives, finding happiness and love where they can. You're not any more particularly perceptive or insightful than the average person, who noticed this disconnect between wishfull emotional bullshit and reality a long time ago, just more whiny and self-pitying.
Just because some people who kill themselves fit this description doesn't mean everyone does, if I'd be sufficiently sick, unable to enjoy myself, in constant pain, and knowing I'd die soonish with no chance of getting better anyhow I sure as fuck wouldn't think twice about just getting it over with.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2013, 11:43:24 pm »
+1
I didn't even mention suicide, that was more aimed at the people who feel depressed or suicidal because "the world sucks", as opposed to very concrete reasons like "my entire family got killed" or "I have a painful, terminal disease". I'm totally in favour of the choice of euthanasia for the later, for example.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2013, 11:43:54 pm »
+1
You know what, Oberyn. Recently Google bought Boston Dynamics, creators of BigDog robot. Now they are working on this:

So all this chat is a bit pointless right now and it will be completely pointless in the future.

Real complexity of life is going to be booted and exchanged with those fairy tale values very soon. When it comes to gaming, pricks like you are already forbidden to play certain games because Kinect don't like players who swear a lot.
How exactly will that thing change anything?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2013, 11:50:00 pm »
I didn't even mention suicide, that was more aimed at the people who feel depressed or suicidal because "the world sucks", as opposed to very concrete reasons like "my entire family got killed" or "I have a painful, terminal disease". I'm totally in favour of the choice of euthanasia for the later, for example.
Ah, well in that case, I apologize, I merely thought you meant suicide as that was what the general topic seemed to be about. Being depressed sucks and all, but really, the vast majority of people don't deserve anyones pity, and while slitting your wrist will stop the pain the vast majority would be better off accepting the position they're in and moving on.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2013, 11:55:26 pm »
+1
Depression from just general existential malaise is inextricably linked with ego, to a certain extent it is entirely a matter of self-pity. A bit of jealousy maybe, looking at others, imagining that they are well-adjusted, happy-go-lucky, when the truth is everyone has their shit to deal with. That generalized pain and anxiety because the "world sucks" is common to most people, if only at certain points in their life. It's not unique or special. It's the lot of humanity, but some people apparently still base their expectations on what their 12 year old self imagined the world should be like, so of course they probably feel it's "unfair". And that's completely ignoring that for a lot of the world that whole experience of sheltered childhood doesn't even exist, and they are more mature and pragmatic in their world view at that age than many adults who still adhere to fancy sounding bullshit because it makes them feel nice inside, regardless of how little sense it makes.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:58:47 pm by Oberyn »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 461
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2013, 11:58:48 pm »
+1
Of course Leshma, "come the revolution". I'm not sure how exactly robots are going to make humanity fulfill your ridiculously unrealistic criteria for what is "good", but whatevs, I'm sure you'll work out the details. And oooooh, Kinect gaming forbids swearing? Zomg, such massive strides! The entire way people over the world relate to and live with each other will magically morph, because a gaming service for priviledged first worlders forbids swearing. *Golf clap*

Mine? Well guess what, I'm not that original. It's not mine, it's universal stuff projected on millions of kids around the world. Obviously, those who did it are in charge of things. Not the likes of you, whos biggest achievement in life to swear at someone over the internet.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2013, 12:02:27 am »
+1
this thread is turning emo
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2013, 12:04:58 am »
Mine? Well guess what, I'm not that original. It's not mine, it's universal stuff projected on millions of kids around the world. Obviously, those who did it are in charge of things. Not the likes of you, whos biggest achievement in life to swear at someone over the internet.

That word is obviously innapropriate, but given your understanding of the world and it's nuances and complexity, you probably believe that's true and everyone went through the same thing. And that those who are "in charge of things" developped it deliberately? You don't think it maybe, maybe had something to do with parents wanting to shelter and protect their children from what they very well knew was the real world, until they were mature enough to handle it? No, obviously it must have been a philosophy developped by powerfull men in smoky rooms. Ridiculous.
And yes, it is "yours", since you still adhere to it whole-heartedly, despite not being 12 anymore. Physically at least, emotionally you're obviously still there.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2013, 12:30:22 am »
+1
I see a lot of references to "it", but what exactly is it? The world's supposed to work like Lion King because a cartoon said so, or what?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2013, 12:34:24 am »
+1
Depression from just general existential malaise is inextricably linked with ego, to a certain extent it is entirely a matter of self-pity. A bit of jealousy maybe, looking at others, imagining that they are well-adjusted, happy-go-lucky, when the truth is everyone has their shit to deal with. That generalized pain and anxiety because the "world sucks" is common to most people, if only at certain points in their life. It's not unique or special. It's the lot of humanity, but some people apparently still base their expectations on what their 12 year old self imagined the world should be like, so of course they probably feel it's "unfair". And that's completely ignoring that for a lot of the world that whole experience of sheltered childhood doesn't even exist, and they are more mature and pragmatic in their world view at that age than many adults who still adhere to fancy sounding bullshit because it makes them feel nice inside, regardless of how little sense it makes.

Because living in denial is so mature. Do you know the main reason why teenagers realize that the world sucks? Because they don't have a lot of investments made yet that they can lose. They can assess the world in an unbiased way. But then they find someone they love, have children with them, settle down, buy a couple of cars, maybe a vacation house, etc., and suddenly the world doesn't suck so much anymore. Except it still does, they just reduced the limits of their view of the world to their garden fence.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?