Author Topic: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots  (Read 15287 times)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
Re: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 02:48:28 am »
A lot of people on this thread have no idea what they are talking about. Ofc if you skimp on IF and wear light armour, that is the risk you take, being killed by an armour piercing weapon. Throwing is a sidearm. Maybe it was nerfed too hard, but Gorath is right when he says ranged players are nerfing each other into the ground. Too many players forget to factor in how much they fail, and how much of an effect teamwork has. Oh yeah and before you make all crossbows 2 slots spare a thought for the poor hunting crossbow.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 11:25:07 am »
A lot of people on this thread have no idea what they are talking about. Ofc if you skimp on IF and wear light armour, that is the risk you take, being killed by an armour piercing weapon. Throwing is a sidearm. Maybe it was nerfed too hard, but Gorath is right when he says ranged players are nerfing each other into the ground. Too many players forget to factor in how much they fail, and how much of an effect teamwork has. Oh yeah and before you make all crossbows 2 slots spare a thought for the poor hunting crossbow.

The normal crossbow should be 2 slots the hunting and light one idc if they stay 1 slot... fact is that all none xbow men use that one as a sidearm and deal way too good ranged dmg and adds to the range spam fest
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 11:54:51 am »
When all the big swords and polearms are made unsheathable, you will see much less xbow hybrids. No need to neft the stats of any weapon, xbow+1H+shield still feasible, plus more realism all in one go.

Big weapons are primary, if you want to use a xbow, you need a SECONDARY weapon.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:56:14 am by MouthnHoof »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 12:12:15 pm »
We're not talking about your hunting xbow, we're talking about shit that actually gets used.

MW Arbalest + Sharp Steel Bolts, medium range. Archers in robes, leather jerkins etc. often survives a body shot. I mostly go for the head so it's not my biggest issue, but it happens. Stop making dedicated crossbowers look like a class that only has one big button to press that says 'Kill'. You need to be good, just like with every other class.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 01:08:59 pm »
Also, my archer has the same melee weapon as my crossbowman. If you have to grab the best bow as well as two stacks of arrows, you don't deserve a good melee weapon. It's all about priorization
I think we can both agree that one of the most important things to look at when talking about balance between archers and crossbowmen, is shootspeed, correct? That being said, shootspeed has a direct effect on quiver size. With the highest tier bolts/arrows being nearly the same size, it's a necessity for archers to bring two quivers. They have to bring an extra quiver to get the same effectiveness a crossbowman would get out of a single stack of steel bolts. Especially when we look at lower tier bows. Remember, only the longbow is pierce damage so (generally speaking) lower tier bows are going to have a higher percentage of their total damage negated by armor, than their low tier crossbow counterparts and both high tier bows/crossbows. This just means it's not possible for strongbow and lower tier bows, to be as effective with only one quiver.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:10:14 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 02:55:55 pm »
MW Arbalest + Sharp Steel Bolts, medium range. Archers in robes, leather jerkins etc. often survives a body shot. I mostly go for the head so it's not my biggest issue, but it happens. Stop making dedicated crossbowers look like a class that only has one big button to press that says 'Kill'. You need to be good, just like with every other class.

Do they ?  :shock:
I highly doubt it, and if they do, i'm 100% sure a sumpter horse can bump kill them.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 03:06:30 pm »
Text

Fair points there.

Do they ?  :shock:
I highly doubt it, and if they do, i'm 100% sure a sumpter horse can bump kill them.

Crossbows lose a lot of damage from medium range and longer. They're brutal at short range though.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 03:47:10 pm »
Very rarely do I 1shot archers with low tier armor (using mw arbalest and bolts), almost never. Even naked guys with high STR/IF survives. Regularly.
Monkeys!

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »
Well it's true i most of the time die in close-medium range from thoses os xbows.
And as a "normal" pure archer, i have only 15 str and 0 IF, wich can explain this (and only 32 body armor).

Anyway, what i fear most from xbows is not their ability to take 1h/shield, but the "oh a guy with no shield, let's go 1m from him and shoot point blank, i can't miss for sure, ah ah ah".
But related to this topic : Leave the hunting and light xbow 1 slot, and the heavy and arbalest 2 slots. For the normal one, i really don't know. If you decide to put it on 2 slots, then add 3-6 bolts per... "boltquiver".
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 11:52:58 pm »
I got about 62 HP and use mamluk mail with heavy gauntlets wich is what? 56 body armor in total and dave 1 shot me with hes loomed sniper awp with loomed steel dildo´s in the mid section....

Dunno how u arent able to 1 shot a fairy archer must be magic robes hes using....  :?

Anyways thats another story the problem with the normal crossbow is that it has taken up the sniper xbow place in sidearms for 2h/pole/1h users.. it needs to be corrected and be made a 2 slot xbow like the rest.

whole point of the patch was to remove the hybrids to lower the range spam fest that took place what good is it if it returns because people settle with the regular xbow...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:55:03 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 07:24:19 am »
whole point of the patch was to remove the hybrids

If that were/IS true then what is the point of c-RPG other than having a grind (which is lame) and custom armor/weapon choices (which can be added to any server).  It's essentially Native with an easy addition (items) and a terribad addition (grind).
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 08:04:23 am »
It's essentially Native with an easy addition (items) and a terribad addition (grind).

There you have it you don't forgot you also have unique character setup/Strategus  :wink:

Ohh and you can still make hybrids but to end the ranged spamfest of pre-patch for good normal xbow has to gtfo and take up 2 slots :!:

I should have said it better i guess i meant that the point was to remove ranged hybrids due to people without ranged sidearms had to wait 3-4 min each round in battle for the ranged duel to end or go in first and get shot to peices from and average team with 47 ranged players on both ends......  :rolleyes: it was rather silly and the combat overall has improved alot after the ranged hybrid nerf but what good is it if people pick up the normal xbow and continue??
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 08:10:39 am by Tzar »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 09:17:28 am »
but what good is it if people pick up the normal xbow and continue??

They'll just pick up the light x-bow and continue.  And then the hunting x-bow and continue.  Just like people are now throw spamming more daggers and wardarts instead of lances/axes/jarids.  Archers are running like douches instead of melee'ing, etc.

The problem lies in the players, not the mechanics.  It's a mindset problem.

*I tried to mention this before the slot change happened.  People will just adapt to whatever the newest "best" ranged spam weapon they have available after the patch.  This is all the more reason to have a melee/cav only server or two for everyone.  Or we just get it over with and remove ranged altogether.*
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:19:10 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 09:35:42 am »
whole point of the patch was to remove the hybrids

I'm a hybrid and I'm proud of it.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2011, 03:43:55 pm »