Author Topic: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots  (Read 14555 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2011, 07:02:00 am »
Instead, imposing a WPF requirement to USE the x-bow would stop the 1 wpf x-bow users which seems to be what you are really hating on.

I know this was a few pages ago but, no! Good god, what? You were saying in the throwing thread that the wpf requirement system was stupid and should be abolished and I agree with you. We finally found some common ground man! What would stop the 1 wpf x-bow users would be to make x-bows innacurate as hell at 1 wpf and actually make the accuracy vs wpf a reasonable climbing curve.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:06:19 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2011, 10:26:19 am »
I know this was a few pages ago but, no! Good god, what? You were saying in the throwing thread that the wpf requirement system was stupid and should be abolished and I agree with you. We finally found some common ground man!
I said this in response to the retarded idea of imposing some asinine PD requirement to x-bows, which would kill their entire purpose and validity as a weapon.  Why not just use a damn bow then, which is faster, just as accurate (if not more so depending on the bow) and is able to be used on the move for proper kiting instead of standing there with your ass towards the sky waiting to get fucked during the reload.

The wpf requirement is absolutely stupid, however if it's between that and a skill-point requirement for x-bows it's the lesser of two evils.

What would stop the 1 wpf x-bow users would be to make x-bows innacurate as hell at 1 wpf and actually make the accuracy vs wpf a reasonable climbing curve.

I find them to be completely innacurate as hell with 1 wpf for anything other than close range shotgunning as is.  Which is true of all of the ranged weapons as well.  Ask Dark and Weebo.  I rocked the x-bow for a while before the recent x-bow spam fad kicked in.  I was a firm supporter of making wpf do something for x-bows unlike back in the plate+pike of tears (danish 2h)+ sniper xbow dark age of yore.  I don't even find an x-bow worth it until 100 wpf because, at least to me, it's meant for sniping.  Other than random luck I have never seen anyone with 1 wpf in x-bow connect a shot at range, it's always a shotgunned shot.

HOWEVER, I'm all for making the wpf curve much steeper such as:

1wpf = utter garbage
50 wpf = current 1 wpf
100 wpf = pretty slick
120 wpf = Annie Oakley

And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2011, 02:59:52 pm »
Make the damn things unsheathable.  I don't care.   :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2011, 03:34:16 pm »
Gorath your so full of shit lmao... 1wpf = godlike crosshair unless your fuckin blind

All of your lobbyist tards stop your useless arguments your only making a fool of yourself.

The only investment you have to use for the xbow is

A. gold

B. Heirloom if u wanna 1 shot people

Xbow being the 2nd best ranged option after bows shouldn't have people being able to use it on the 2 statements above

Make it so that it have some sort of skill investment.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:45:05 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2011, 10:20:27 pm »
I find them to be completely innacurate as hell with 1 wpf for anything other than close range shotgunning as is. 

I donno man. Even at 0wpf I felt it was pretty accurate. Tight crosshair and with a little compensation for distance you can hit people at a decent distance. It didn't seem anything close to inaccurate and the blots almost always travel into the center of the cross-hair. Maybe it just seems so nice because I'm used to throwing, where the reticule is wide and the shots don't even fall inside it a lot of the time.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2011, 11:01:54 pm »
I donno man. Even at 0wpf I felt it was pretty accurate. Tight crosshair and with a little compensation for distance you can hit people at a decent distance. It didn't seem anything close to inaccurate and the blots almost always travel into the center of the cross-hair. Maybe it just seems so nice because I'm used to throwing, where the reticule is wide and the shots don't even fall inside it a lot of the time.
Maybe I'm just biased, but I have for 3 generations had ~100 xbows pretty early in my career.  This time I got my 1h up first and rolled with 1 proficiency for a lot longer.  Maybe I was just babied by the greater accuracy, however, I found that with little to no investment (less than 50 or so wpf) I couldn't reliably hit anything that wasn't in my face with my xbow.  Usually, I'd barely have time to switch to my sword and shield before they took my head off or crushed my skull in (and often they would close fast enough to do just that).

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2011, 11:14:46 pm »
no
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2011, 11:23:18 pm »
People exaggerate the 1 wpf thing.  I can't imagine people are so stupid as to not realize that their shots are clearly going 5 feet to the left or right at anything other than close range. 

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2011, 12:05:51 am »
I find them to be completely innacurate as hell with 1 wpf for anything other than close range shotgunning as is.  Which is true of all of the ranged weapons as well.  Ask Dark and Weebo.  I rocked the x-bow for a while before the recent x-bow spam fad kicked in.  I was a firm supporter of making wpf do something for x-bows unlike back in the plate+pike of tears (danish 2h)+ sniper xbow dark age of yore.  I don't even find an x-bow worth it until 100 wpf because, at least to me, it's meant for sniping.  Other than random luck I have never seen anyone with 1 wpf in x-bow connect a shot at range, it's always a shotgunned shot.

HOWEVER, I'm all for making the wpf curve much steeper such as:

1wpf = utter garbage
50 wpf = current 1 wpf
100 wpf = pretty slick
120 wpf = Annie Oakley
I've gotten many kills with a zero wpf crossbow at a good distance further than shotgunning range. Right now I could get an arbalest or heavy crossbow and go on to a battle server and wait for sucker cavalry to come at me then down either their horse or them in one shot when they get close. No other weapon is THAT effective with zero investment. I can't pick up a 1h, 2h,pole, bow, or throwing weapon with no skills invested and expect anything other than total failure with the extremely low low chance of success. Crossbow doesn't follow that simple principle that all the other weaps do. I agree with your new wpf suggestion though. Seems like a reasonable effectiveness curve though the exact numbers may need adjustment. I'd go for 140+ wpf = Annie Oakley since crossbows really should never be super pinpoint accurate.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:07:30 am by Lichen »

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2011, 12:07:23 am »
I've gotten many kills with a zero wpf crossbow at a good distance further than shotgunning range. Right now I could get an arbalest or heavy crossbow and go on to a battle server and wait for sucker cavalry to come at me then down either their horse or them in one shot when they get close. No other weapon is THAT effective with zero investment. I can't pick up a 1h, 2h,pole, bow, or throwing weapon with no skills invested and expect anything other than total failure with the extremely low low change of success. Crossbow doesn't follow that simple principle that all the other weaps do. I agree with your new wpf suggestion though. Seems like a reasonable effectiveness curve though the exact numbers may need adjustment. I'd go for 140+ wpf = Annie Oakley since crossbows really should never be super pinpoint accurate.
I get plenty of polearm kills with 1 wpf.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2011, 12:09:15 am »
I get plenty of polearm kills with 1 wpf.
Yeah but you invested in powerstrike right? No powerstrike = good luck. No powerstrike (or anything else) while using crossbows = no big deal.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2011, 12:12:44 am »
Yeah but you invested in powerstrike right? No powerstrike = good luck. No powerstrike (or anything else) while using crossbows = no big deal.
Powerstrike wouldn't matter since I mainly couch.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2011, 12:13:16 am »
Lichen 1 - 0 Damug
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2011, 12:15:45 am »
Lichen 0 - 1 Damug

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2011, 12:17:03 am »
Well that's a different matter the no (or low) wpf/ps couching.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:43:33 am by Lichen »