Author Topic: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots  (Read 14576 times)

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2011, 12:18:28 am »
Well that's a different matter the no (or low) wpf/ps lancing which should be changed as well.
I imagine you could do a serious number on a horse or it's rider with a 1 wpf pike/long spear due to the speed bonus too.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2011, 12:19:53 am »
Damug you do know you should ride in the shortbus we talking about general gameplay u dumb or something??

He meant that people cant use a elegant poleaxe fx. with 0 power strike investment he weren't talking about noob couching....

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2011, 12:23:53 am »
I imagine you could do a serious number on a horse or it's rider with a 1 wpf pike/long spear due to the speed bonus too.
1wpf + pike + 0 ps  = sure go for it. Against anything else you might be a bit useless. Unlike the 1wpf crossbow.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2011, 12:36:46 am »
Damug you do know you should ride in the shortbus we talking about general gameplay u dumb or something??

He meant that people cant use a elegant poleaxe fx. with 0 power strike investment he weren't talking about noob couching....
Much like gorath, I think it is impossible for you to respond to anyone who has an opinion that is not your own without making a personal attack.

Ad hominem arguments really are the best way to win.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:37:55 am by Damug »

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2011, 01:31:16 am »
Damug you do know you should ride in the shortbus we talking about general gameplay u dumb or something?

You're the last person that should be insulting someone's intelligence.  I think the sentence I just quoted proves that. 

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2011, 01:32:28 am »
Make the damn things unsheathable.  I don't care.   :twisted:
That would be a bit silly, but another factor that makes crossbows so popular as a sidearm is the fact that they are functionally guns. You put them away loaded and they are still loaded when you switch back to them, enabling you to reload when you have a quiet moment and then do like Indiana Jones when you see a shieldless target approaching you. Unrealistic and arguably unbalancing too.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2011, 02:12:11 am »
That would be a bit silly, but another factor that makes crossbows so popular as a sidearm is the fact that they are functionally guns. You put them away loaded and they are still loaded when you switch back to them, enabling you to reload when you have a quiet moment and then do like Indiana Jones when you see a shieldless target approaching you. Unrealistic and arguably unbalancing too.

True true true  :?

Also the main problem is that cRPG dont have class restriction like most games in their servers thank god for that but....

Atleast you will have to dedicate yourself into one build and thus it corrects the above statement i made.

But here is the problem the xbow goes in and turn the entire server into range mayhem thx to having no skill investment.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:42:40 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2011, 02:43:00 pm »
True true true  :?

Also the main problem is that cRPG dont have class restriction like most games in their servers thank god for that but....

Atleast you will have to dedicate yourself into one build and thus it corrects the above statement i made.

But here is the problem the xbow goes in and turn the entire server into range mayhem thx to having no skill investment.
Lol the thing about that gif is it shows how awesome and kewl Indiana Jones is... you don't sympathise with the sword dude...
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2011, 04:52:00 pm »
That sword dude must have had atleast 199 wpf in 2h look at hes awesome technique  :lol:

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2011, 06:56:38 pm »
That sword dude must have had atleast 199 wpf in 2h look at hes awesome technique  :lol:

I'm sure that immediately following his demise, he logged onto the forums to complain how overpowered firearms were.
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2011, 07:36:13 pm »
At the end of the day, I guess, even if I'm not taking advantage of it, I'd rather have more and more freedom in this mod rather than less and less of it, which is the trend that I've been seeing lately, at least in terms of what you can do in one generation.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2011, 07:57:49 pm »
The problem lies in that the game dont have class restrictions and being dedicated offcourse fix that makeing sure we dont see and overdose of certain builds.

But xbow ruins that by being availble to each and everyone and thus the amount of ranged people on the battle server gets insane and ruins the fun for most people.

The only way to avoid it is either get one yourself or hide and wait until the ranged pre battle duel has ended which is dull as hell..

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2011, 09:06:30 pm »
Class restrictions are so freaking lame.

This is a mod of mount and blade, not WoW.

You are entirely missing the POINT of crossbows and thus you want to distort their function.

It's like someone arguing that throwing needs to have the longest range out of all the ranged weapons to "balance them out". You continually ask for blatant distortion of weapon function.

Directional combat will not save this mod alone. Some would have it be a relatively shitty DnD rip off with one neat quirk: directional combat, whoopee!

A 12 year old could load and shoot a crossbow. They don't take much skill OR strength to use. Crossbows should be expensive. If done right, then people will be wary of taking too much armor or too much melee weaponry with crossbows, because they won't be able to maintain the build anyway.

All that being said, they really aren't that great man. Get a shield, be aware, strafe, and don't go to sieges...?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:08:51 pm by ArchonAlarion »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2011, 05:55:19 am »
I think it's official, Tzar is the Native_ATS of the European servers as far as forum discussions go.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:00:05 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2011, 07:20:47 am »
I think it's official, Tzar is the Native_ATS of the European servers as far as forum discussions go.

:lol:
I lul'd
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?