Author Topic: Terror in the Taiga  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: Terror in the Taiga
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 01:19:51 am »
+1

Arytem, I did not mean to insinuate any political/ideological similarities, I was speaking from more of a purely strategic viewpoint.

Well, it wouldn't be very strategic of me to murder my entire officer corps, so don't count on that.  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 02:44:07 am »
+1
Maybe I will have to do something about this Cuntfederacy running around hitting the weak and helpless.

Goblins helping Tolkien fans? What?

Anyway WFA...............
I think we have made it pretty clear that we have no problems with you guys on a personal level.

I get that what we are doing is a dick move from your standpoint. I'm sure we would feel the same way in your shoes.
However, if you expect anything less from this community, much less this world entirely, then you are naive.

Human society is built around little more than taking advantage of others.
When you were sitting in middle school and someone at your table had something you wanted, what did you do?
Maybe you asked them politely for it, or bribed or bartered with them. Maybe you stole it while they were off in the milk line. Perhaps you lied to them or threatened them with a thrashing.

Sure some of those options look better on the "scale of morality" that mankind pretends to abide by, but at the end of the day you took or at least tried to take advantage of someone for your own benefit.

I'm going to punch you in the virtual face and take your pixels.
I could do this a thousand other ways, but I fancy this way due to its simplicity.
I'm giving you the opportunity to stand up, fight back, and get some XP out of it.

If that makes me evil than so be it. I bid you to come and try to slay me like the dragon you think I am.
Prove to me that you are warriors.
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 02:48:52 am »
+7
When you were sitting in middle school and someone at your table had something you wanted, what did you do?
Maybe you asked them politely for it, or bribed or bartered with them. Maybe you stole it while they were off in the milk line. Perhaps you lied to them or threatened them with a thrashing.

Weirdly enough, I remember in third grade when someone had a food item that some other kid wanted, they'd just straight spit on the shit and be like "lol are you gonna eat that now?"

Even odder, nobody got their asses kicked doing this. Eventually the kids realized once they got all their food, they could just spit on each item as a preventative measure. Almost like an elementary version of the Cold War.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 03:11:08 am »
+4
Weirdly enough, I remember in third grade when someone had a food item that some other kid wanted, they'd just straight spit on the shit and be like "lol are you gonna eat that now?"

Even odder, nobody got their asses kicked doing this. Eventually the kids realized once they got all their food, they could just spit on each item as a preventative measure. Almost like an elementary version of the Cold War.

I remember in second grade we had this kid named John. We was infamous around the school for being incredibly violent.
Then there was this other kid named Andy who acted like a dinosaur all the time.
One day Andy brought a PB&J for lunch. John pulled out his lunch, which I believe was chili in tupperware and a large jar full of Cheez-its.
John decided he wanted the PB&J, walked over to Andy who was sitting on the floor and said "Fuck you dinosaur" (I'm not making this up), lifted the Cheez-its jar over his head and slammed it into Andy's skull.
John took the PB&J out of this totally stunned kid's hands, but before he could eat his prize, the teacher grabbed him and took him to the principal.
He wasn't expelled because of anger issues, but he was suspended for like a whole month.

TL;DR- WFA, we're Andy the dinosaur. CC, you're John and you slammed a large glass jar full of Cheez-its into our unsuspecting skull.

Offline Built

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • I guess P.T. Barnum was right
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DWARVES
  • Game nicks: Radsvid, Eirik, Angry something
  • IRC nick: Built
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 03:40:26 am »
+1
Goblins helping Tolkien fans? What?

Anyway WFA...............
I think we have made it pretty clear that we have no problems with you guys on a personal level.

I get that what we are doing is a dick move from your standpoint. I'm sure we would feel the same way in your shoes.
However, if you expect anything less from this community, much less this world entirely, then you are naive.

Sure some of those options look better on the "scale of morality" that mankind pretends to abide by, but at the end of the day you took or at least tried to take advantage of someone for your own benefit.

I'm going to punch you in the virtual face and take your pixels.
I could do this a thousand other ways, but I fancy this way due to its simplicity.
I'm giving you the opportunity to stand up, fight back, and get some XP out of it.

If that makes me evil than so be it. I bid you to come and try to slay me like the dragon you think I am.
Prove to me that you are warriors.

No, I never had this issue because I was the filthy 1% who had everything he wanted sitting at the table with other 1% children who were rich and posh as fuck and had a good time making fun of the peasantry. I remember bringing like 10/10 lasagna to school one day and I brought like a fuck ton and I made people pay for it and they were okay with is. I charge 1 dollar per like a serving spatula thing full, I made 15 dollars that day. I then used those dollars to buy a pepsi some kid brought and a sub sandwich some other kid brought. I was like 8 and made more money in 30 minutes than most of you probably do in an hour (unless you actually have a good job in which case I congratulate you) And we had a little food stock market with trade leagues and shit. So obviously based on your anecdote you are a plebeian

tl;dr, I was a privileged white kid and you are a peasant
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:46:52 am by Built »
Also, James, you were legitimately mad at a rhyming dwarf on the internet.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 03:49:40 am »
+4
I remember in second grade we had this kid named John. We was infamous around the school for being incredibly violent.
Then there was this other kid named Andy who acted like a dinosaur all the time.
One day Andy brought a PB&J for lunch. John pulled out his lunch, which I believe was chili in tupperware and a large jar full of Cheez-its.
John decided he wanted the PB&J, walked over to Andy who was sitting on the floor and said "Fuck you dinosaur" (I'm not making this up), lifted the Cheez-its jar over his head and slammed it into Andy's skull.
John took the PB&J out of this totally stunned kid's hands, but before he could eat his prize, the teacher grabbed him and took him to the principal.
He wasn't expelled because of anger issues, but he was suspended for like a whole month.

TL;DR- WFA, we're Andy the dinosaur. CC, you're John and you slammed a large glass jar full of Cheez-its into our unsuspecting skull.

Please tell me you are friends with Andy the Dinosaur. He seems like he'd be an awesome friend.

Being that we're in the diplomacy section, I should also say something about Strategus. Fight hard and make friends with other clans. Those connections will either help keep your fight going longer or will help you get on your feet again if you get wiped. I know FIDLGB wouldn't be where we are now if we wouldn't have had CHAOS to give us a roof to live under for awhile.

Oh, and being wiped isn't that bad of a thing. FIDLGB has been wiped out a few times in our history. (I like to think we put up a decent fight each time) It kind of makes the game more interesting.

Everyone is doing a great job. Keep it up!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:20:41 am by Rhalzo »

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Built

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2013, 03:55:53 am »
Couldn't afford the private school that kept out the 99%, huh?

Implying I meant Public School.

Offline Built

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2013, 04:31:29 am »
Implying I'm wrong.

You are

Implying Implications

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 04:41:51 am »
+2
Good fight guys, too bad you didn't have enough gear for all those tickets, it would've been fun to fight it out with all of them.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 04:48:15 am »
Please tell me you are friends with Andy the Dinosaur. He seems like he'd be an awesome friend.

He was a good kid! But he left after that year.
Probably because John.

Good fight guys, too bad you didn't have enough gear for all those tickets, it would've been fun to fight it out with all of them.

Good fight to you too. I enjoyed plinking you all from the rooftops.
I look forward to more!

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, 04:54:21 am »

Yeah, you can say I was brought up with a different value code than that and not to envy or covet that which other people have. Oddly enough, this had nothing to do with religion to me, it just made sense. However, I also recognize the need for courage and valor of arms to protect that point of view.  One cannot exist without the other.

Artyem, that was a good fight. Hate i could only make the latter part of it.  Looking forward to being there for the castle siege  :twisted:.

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2013, 04:56:22 am »
+2
So obviously based on your anecdote you are a plebeian

tl;dr, I was a privileged white kid and you are a peasant

I desperately hope for the sake of the human race that you are just trying to make some sort of joke.
If I could facepalm any harder I would be splitting atoms across my forehead right now.

In other news, good fight everyone, I enjoyed enacting my rage upon people with shiny metal implements.
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Built

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2013, 05:16:18 am »
+1
Implying I'm implying that you're implying.

Implying I am implying that you are implying I am implying implications of an implied implication

Good fight though everyone, much fun stabbing things

Offline Built

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2013, 05:18:46 am »
+1
I desperately hope for the sake of the human race that you are just trying to make some sort of joke.
If I could facepalm any harder I would be splitting atoms across my forehead right now.

"You can't joke about things like that out here lad"

You have 3 men able for battle against their 512, what do you do?

Lead your men into battle
Send in your men to fight without you
Leave some men behind to cover your retreat
Surrender

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2013, 06:43:40 am »
+2
Lead your men into battle
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"