Author Topic: Terror in the Taiga  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Good pumpernickel is so hard to come by.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul, Dracul,
  • Game nicks: Dracul_Deltah_The_ASS_PRINCE, Hemorrhoid_Hero
Terror in the Taiga
« on: December 09, 2013, 03:40:06 am »
+11
It was a cold night in the tundra. The wind rolled and roared about the frigid terrain, carrying with it gusts that could turn away all but the hardest of men.
Even colder however, was the stare of one man. He sat in the top of a makeshift captains quarters, peering through his spyglass yet again at a faint set of torchlights in the distance. Those were the lights belonging to
New Sungetche, and soon enough, they would belong to him.
For some time, he pounded away at a rudimentary typewriter, carved from the bones of many a man. The ink it used was quite literally blood red. A piece with it he did write.

" Dear Warriors,
Twas it just yesterday that you sat with us, drank, and played merry music? It certainly feels as so.
I wish I could say that I was writing to you purely in the interests of merriment. To put this simply, I fancy your castle.
I am going to take it. This is the first and last warning you will get from me. Take your people, and leave.
Otherwise, I hope that you are as skilled in battle as you are with your instruments.

Sincerely,
The Ass Prince
"

He stuffed the small declaration into an envelope made of manleather, and pressed his royal seal upon it.

Deltah then walked out to his warriors, clad in nothing more than a bathtowel and crocodile sandals, and handed the letter to his war martial, Artyem.

"Let's give em' the D," he roared.

So just like that, one of the finest forces in calradia marched into the night.

(click to show/hide)
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Terror in the Taiga
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 04:24:11 am »
+3
RPing is fun and kinky and all, but if you're not calling people my old friends it isn't really that entertaining.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 04:44:11 am »
+1
RPing is fun and kinky and all, but if you're not calling people my old friends it isn't really that entertaining.

Welcome to cRPG.
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Built

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • I guess P.T. Barnum was right
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DWARVES
  • Game nicks: Radsvid, Eirik, Angry something
  • IRC nick: Built
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:34:19 am »
+10
Radsvid sat in his office, hearing the clattering of armor moving about in the Hall of Coin. The Dwarves of Sungetche,
so happy to finally have one of their own in their lord's trust, were preparing for the siege. Their plated mails and
pole-arms flying from racks as arrows from the quiver of the most astute archer. Radsvid sat in a low lit room, his hammer
and chisel carving yet another grudge into another stone. "For all the dishonor you have brought upon thine self,
may your ancestors burn in the fires of Alue's forge till the end of days, and beyond."
 Finishing, he placed it next to the other catapult shots he had been working on that night. News had reached him earlier that
a camp of men planning to sack this castle, and from hence a fire of rage burned in his eyes. He stood, joining his men,
a moment of silence passed before finally, "Has man gone insane? Those few will remain, who find a way, to live one more
day. Through years long of war, it spreads like disease. There's no sign of peace, Idiocy and greed, has caused millions
to bleed. From dawn to dawn we'll fight them, die where we stand. The fog of war lies thick when armies scorch the land
When all of Calradia is burning what can be done, They've been to war a year, two more to come. His men, though somber,
nodded and continued to gear themselves. Radsvid called a young messenger boy over to him, wrote on a parchment and simply
said "take this to the arch triumvir" scrawling the latter half again on another sheet, "And this to their "king""

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements
are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our mountain home, to ride out
the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of This Council's Government-every man of them.
That is the will of The Triumviate and the faction.

The Warriors of The First Age and the Order of the white stallion,
linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death
their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Calradia and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Central
Confederacy
and all the odious apparatus of traitor rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Sungetche,
we shall fight on the hills and mountains,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our castle, whatever the cost
may be,
we shall fight on the hills,
we shall fight on the mountains,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight on the roads;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this land or a large part of it were
subjugated and starving, then our Lands beyond the expanse, armed and guarded by the Warriors of the First age,
would carry on the struggle, until, in Illuvatar's good time, the sensible, with all their power and might,
steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of their kin.”
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Also, James, you were legitimately mad at a rhyming dwarf on the internet.

Offline Deltah

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 06:34:04 am »
+6
For the sake of everyone reading this I really hope that Larry doesn't come in here and post about what he's currently doing to your messenger boy.
Bring me that ASS.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:16:18 am »
+2
For the sake of everyone reading this I really hope that Larry doesn't come in here and post about what he's currently doing to your messenger boy.

They still haven't found the remains of the messenger boy KUTT sent us way back when, only chadz knows what sort of monster dwells inside Larry's pants.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Larry

• Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dragoni of Valahia
  • Game nicks: Larry The Magical Cheetah | Brick Cavity | Cheetah On Rollerblades | Maximillian Schmeling, and more
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 07:21:37 am »
+17
Larry The Magical Cheetah, Head of Foreign Affairs casually re-buttoned his pants after finishing up with the young messenger boy that had been sent to him so kindly as a gift along with the message, his eyes squinting as he read along the headache-inducing format of said message.

He frowned slightly as he continued reading, scratching at one fuzzy, feline ear of his as he did so, before setting the message down on his desk, crossing his arms, deep in thought.

"Do these nerds think they're dwarves or something?"
Among my many achievements are as follows; I once convinced a carton of cigarettes to abandon it's dreams of space travel, have conjured a hat out of a rabbit, may have, on more than one occasion, had sexual relations in stable earth orbit, and dominated fully over several small african nations, whom I then forced to fight in gladiatorial combat with cucumbers whilst wearing miniskirts.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 07:56:15 am »
+8
WFA: 3 fiefs 17 members.
CC: 8 fiefs 46 members.

So I guess you guys are done looking for challenging fights and somewhat equal matches ever since FCC pushed your shit back in? And just when Raven was up for nicest clan in NA too. Real pity. 
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Built

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 08:03:14 am »
+4
"Do these nerds think they're dwarves or something?"

I don't know, does that nerd think he is a cheetah or something

Offline Larry

• Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dragoni of Valahia
  • Game nicks: Larry The Magical Cheetah | Brick Cavity | Cheetah On Rollerblades | Maximillian Schmeling, and more
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 08:08:12 am »
+3
I don't know, does that nerd think he is a cheetah or something

Well, obviously. I mean I wouldn't be called "Larry The Magical Cheetah" If I weren't a cheetah proficient in the dark arts.
Among my many achievements are as follows; I once convinced a carton of cigarettes to abandon it's dreams of space travel, have conjured a hat out of a rabbit, may have, on more than one occasion, had sexual relations in stable earth orbit, and dominated fully over several small african nations, whom I then forced to fight in gladiatorial combat with cucumbers whilst wearing miniskirts.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 08:08:34 am »

So I guess you guys are done looking for challenging fights and somewhat equal matches ever since FCC pushed your shit back in? And just when Raven was up for nicest clan in NA too. Real pity.

Aren't you with the GOBBLINS?  Who are literally at war with the same group of people with even more members and fiefs?  Also, the Ravens have pretty much nothing to do with this war, it's Derpington, Tretter and then like all of Dracul up here just trying to get a new place to call home.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 08:09:40 am »
+9

Nailed it.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 08:15:06 am »
+5
Aren't you with the GOBBLINS?  Who are literally at war with the same group of people with even more members and fiefs?  Also, the Ravens have pretty much nothing to do with this war, it's Derpington, Tretter and then like all of Dracul up here just trying to get a new place to call home.

No Artyem, I am not with the Gobblins. As you so rightly pointed out the other day I am with the least nice clan in cRPG, The Holy Order of the Knights of Saint Peter. Please at least sling accurate shit next time.

(click to show/hide)
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Built

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 08:25:42 am »
+4
Also, the Ravens have pretty much nothing to do with this war, it's Derpington, Tretter and then like all of Dracul up here just trying to get a new place to call home.

A new place to call home

place to call home

Yes, having more fiefs than us is a reason to look for a NEW place to call HOME...

if you are part of the CC, the CC fiefs are your home, bitch to raven about not getting rights or something. Secede or something, but attacking one's home for "a new home" if you have a home is illogical.

1 of two things will happen
           1: (CENTRAL CONFEDERACY) Will declare peace with you
           2: (FCC, GOBBLINS, TKOV, HOC, OCCITAN, HOSPITALLER, CHAOS, REMNANT, MB) Gain Dishonorable scum, Removal of Tyrant, Conquest, Vassalize, Cleanse the Heresy, Insult, Illogical Rule, Fallen from Heaven Casus Belli on CC

DISCLAIMER
For those of you who are illiterate or uncultured who do not get what a casus belli is, its a reason to go to war

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 08:31:39 am »
+6
No Artyem, I am not with the Gobblins. As you so rightly pointed out the other day I am with the least nice clan in cRPG, The Holy Order of the Knights of Saint Peter. Please at least sling accurate shit next time.

(click to show/hide)

I'm not trying to 'sling shit', I was under the impression you were working with the GOBBLINS on strat, my apologies for the mistake.

But whatever man, your opinion is your opinion, in my own I don't see it as being very extreme.  I'm pretty sure every large faction has at one point or another declared war on a much smaller faction.  How large was Chevalier when TKoV declared war on them all that time ago?  How large was FIDLGB when FCC wiped them?  How many smaller factions has the GOBBLIN KING consumed?

Regardless, Tretter wanted to #yolo somebody with his army and the Frisians decided to aid us with Derpington's army.  The Ravens offered support, but I figured we may as well give it a shot on our own.

edit:

Sorry that we declared war on somebody in a game about war, how terribly rude of us.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:36:53 am by Artyem »