Author Topic: Coalition-Druzhina battle agreement aka Gentelmens War  (Read 18026 times)

Offline witchhunter

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Saxony
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Lothar_Duke_of_Saxony_HRE
  • IRC nick: ^30mc_HRE
Re: Coalition-Druzhina battle agreement aka Gentelmens War
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2013, 08:56:58 pm »
+1
You ...

how nice of you to clear out everything considering you have been there all the time, know all secrets/facts and have been mediating all the talks that occured.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Omnium mores, tuos imprimis observato.

<@Urist> well HRE take their medival theme very serious and so is their ban/unban system ancient

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:41 pm »
+4
Ah I see this topic managed to return to the core of all diplomacy forum posts: "NO U!"  :lol:

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2013, 09:27:30 pm »
+1
None of this would of happened if you would of left bubastan alone. :lol:
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2013, 09:46:04 pm »
+3
And this ladies and gentlemen is what happens when children are given keyboards.

This thread is about one thing: DRZ/Coalition anouncing they gonna give everyone loads of free xp. Everything else is so uninportant and trivial, honestly guys: WE WERE ALL PLAYING A GAME, just take a deep breath, relax, let it go.

I don't know enough

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »
Wow you sure have a very efficient way to convince other people of your viewpoint Harpag & Erasmas, with your random flaming and insulting.

We contemplated leaving Strat for a long time now. Ever since the onset of the "Great Inactivity" during the summer month we have been in steady decline. All the resources in the world won't do you much good if you have no one left to move armies or do any other kind of work in Strat. Covering our fiefs with at least semi-inactive, partially reachable guys was a challenge. In the end the sole soul still moving on the map and doing stuff was Nikdoin. Some fresh blood tried to rise, were tutored and groomed and inevitably burned out, some really fast. The main burden of work, for over a year, was carried by the same few guys, whose main motivation was to keep on going since so much work has already been invested.

With that background an exit plan was devised. The options we had were rather simple: roll over and go inactive and let our enemies take all our stuff for free, like Mercs and Templars did. We wanted to avoid that, until we decide to go we wanted to resist as best as we can, which we did quite well. Give all our stuff away to friends, there was basically no one left. We considered moving it to NA and giving it to FCC, but with so few guys, so much stuff and later so many enemies walking around this was not really feasible. In the end we decided on erasing everything we have and just disappear. This plan was to set in motion once even the most hardcore guys finally had enough.

After around one month of brutal fighting our foes ceased to attack, we can't blame them for that. Attacking the same fucking place 10+ times in a row with still flowing reinforcements and a basically unlimited enemy stockpile, it gets boring and frustrating. We call that the Uxkhal syndrome. It is more a flaw in the game than a lack of resolve in the factions.
About a month after even our most eager foes ceased to attack us the idea was born to turn at least some of our resources into XP, converting everything would probably too long. We offered this option to DRZ, GO and Shu Han. GO wanted to kill us in the classic way and even told us what they wanted to try next, dance with our cities. I can respect that, although we are not here to provide the antagonist for what they consider the most fun for them. Shu Han thought we are afraid, but they are rather silly anyway. DRZ eagerly accepted our proposal and after initial fights plans were hatched to enlarge and speed up the process, enhanced by plans to just fight ourselves for XP. Lack of our most valuable resource, active strat players, and pressing needs poor Nikodin had to attend delayed all this.

Then came the expected GO assault on our cities and what we expected to be an almost untakeable fortress turned out to be a craphole with really bad flag distribution. The prospect of fighting a 2-3 hour battle at least a week or more, where the primary strategy consists of a dance around the respawn timer was the final nail in the coffin. The remaining active Strat leaders, Nikodin, Dark and me decided it is time to quit. Instead of going with the origjnal old plan we offered some our stuff to DRZ to turn into XP. They have proven to be our most relaxed adversaries, with Segd and Vovka being cool guys and their proven utter trustworthiness (we let them spawncap one of our castles to save their tickets), this was logical choice. Segd suggested to go way beyond what we had in mind and to give them basically all we had. We agreed.

Unfortunately not being a die-hard hatemonger and taking stuff from an opponent who wishes to leave anyway is treason for some people. At first I thought Segd was making a joke when he told me about it the next day. I still can't wrap my head around why someone could think like this. Cold war much?

It is a testament to Segds integrity that he even handed all the stuff back, which we immediately submitted to the old exit plan. The fires burned hot. Respeccing was not even part of that plan, until you whined so eloquently about it, not that it matters anyway. All fiefs will be taken over until the seven days are up. This was a mute point to begin with, but hey at least you get worked up about it enough to spew more nonsense and random insults.

Another point worth adressing: giving everything to smaller factions. We could have tried that true. But first of all we would not just hand our resources over to anyone, first choice would have been friends like FCC & Bros. Logistical problems ruled out NA and Bros didn't even want Tulga with everything inside. Individually handing it out to smaller guys is way too much of a hassle and would take too long to be feasible. Once it became obvious what we were up to it was likely we would get attacked to claim a piece of the cake. Fighting more battles was something we wanted to avoid. It's not like anyone is entitled to our stuff anyway and we already tried leaving it all behind to be turned into XP.

All the guessing about the inner workings of our faction is silly. Fancy theories but nothing more and it is easy to parade the flag of activity for people who barely played a third of the round in a position of responsibility. This strat round is just way too long with next to no support for bugs, imbalances and glitches. It should have ended 5-6 month ago with the onset of the great inactivity.

And for everyone hating on us and because I love quoting myself:

blah blah blah - Rogue - you can say whatever you wish, you can even write a book about it, but don't try complicate simple things. When a single person decides to stop playing, doing topic on forum, gives to friends or strangers looms and gold, and then deletes character. Strategus is completely different caliber - it's collective work of many people, but you decide cancel this "multicharacter" without donate looms and gold. I'm sorry, but I see it this way. I certainly understand logistical difficulties (also play this game and it's not easy ), but if someone has devoted so much time and work, could make one last effort and get out of game like a man...

...I'm disappointed because I thought that you, as most reliable from our opponents, you could predict fact that you can't invest your own time in forever and you need start "training staff " and delegate responsibilities.

Long ago I found my successor, which is much better than me, and he preparing their own successors. For over a year I'm for my faction completely useless, but I come because I like it. This is necessary, because otherwise we are just tired and frustrated as in your case...

...and don't be surprised by this "ha gaayyy for 10 hours" ( lol ) you pissed me off and in my opinion you deserve it - and don't be hysterical with these alleged insults. We know everyone here like bald horses and despite hard language we're all dudes.

What can I say at the end? Fu & take care? Fucking sad story...

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2013, 10:14:13 pm »
+4
blah blah blah

Honestly tell me: Are you actually upset because strat is the greatest achievement in your life?

Im not trying to offend you, Im actually curious.

If it is not, then WHY are you so upset?

Did you forget the part where we were playing a game?
I don't know enough

Offline witchhunter

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Saxony
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lothar_Duke_of_Saxony_HRE
  • IRC nick: ^30mc_HRE
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2013, 11:41:09 pm »
+3
blah blah blah - Rogue - you can say whatever you wish, you can even write a book about it, but don't try complicate simple things. When a single person decides to stop playing, doing topic on forum, gives to friends or strangers looms and gold, and then deletes character. Strategus is completely different caliber - it's collective work of many people, but you decide cancel this "multicharacter" without donate looms and gold. I'm sorry, but I see it this way. I certainly understand logistical difficulties (also play this game and it's not easy ), but if someone has devoted so much time and work, could make one last effort and get out of game like a man...

...I'm disappointed because I thought that you, as most reliable from our opponents, you could predict fact that you can't invest your own time in forever and you need start "training staff " and delegate responsibilities.

Long ago I found my successor, which is much better than me, and he preparing their own successors. For over a year I'm for my faction completely useless, but I come because I like it. This is necessary, because otherwise we are just tired and frustrated as in your case...

...and don't be surprised by this "ha gaayyy for 10 hours" ( lol ) you pissed me off and in my opinion you deserve it - and don't be hysterical with these alleged insults. We know everyone here like bald horses and despite hard language we're all dudes.

What can I say at the end? Fu & take care? Fucking sad story...

nice you bring it back to the important point:

we were willing to do xp battles. we were willing to give our stuff to DRZ.
it was declined.

if you would actually read our posts, you would also see that it was not just rogues decision to burn it all.

Omnium mores, tuos imprimis observato.

<@Urist> well HRE take their medival theme very serious and so is their ban/unban system ancient

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2013, 12:06:12 am »
+8
If a fief sold popcorn in calradia, its owner would be the richest man in calradia, even richer than segd

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2013, 12:16:15 am »
+1
nice you bring it back to the important point:

we were willing to do xp battles. we were willing to give our stuff to DRZ.
it was declined.

if you would actually read our posts, you would also see that it was not just rogues decision to burn it all.

Bullshit, when DRZ declined, you could give it to just anyone, but you burned it because you wanted it. Rocketscience :rolleyes:

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2013, 12:42:52 am »
Bullshit, when DRZ declined, you could give it to just anyone, but you burned it because you wanted it. Rocketscience :rolleyes:
They would all have gone to the biggest clans anyway.

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2013, 09:33:17 am »
+1
This drama is even for the kings of drama to much already...

Where is latvians TL;DR gif?

Rogue trying to make the best out of Coa leaving --> Gets called bad names (aswell as Segd, the man who wanted to have xp) ---> doesnt care

I spent some time to learn to know the UIF ts. I played with some Grey members on siege and also with some druzhina guys like bars some weeks ago. Kapikulu i know from earlier times and there are still some of them i would call friendly.
Also i am pretty known on the TS Servers of most other Clans and i have to conclude that every Clan has nice members and really really badass members.
I tried to work against this old struggle between the 2 biggest clans of strat (Coa and GO) and wanted to get some friendship between, so that we can stop doing this 2 side war and create some more diversion.

Didnt work, because both sides blocked me. *Le sad Chris*
Bros never die!

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2013, 11:05:16 am »
They would all have gone to the biggest clans anyway.

If these resources were designed for small clans, why do you wanted give it for DRZ? Do they look like small clan?  :rolleyes:

So what is going on now exactly?

Coalition giving all fiefs away without a fight to "random" other factions?

Me needs xp ...  :( :(

No one knows exactly, time will tell, but most probably strat is pretty dead...

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2013, 12:09:43 pm »
+3
Noooooooo but I still need 30 million xp to get lvl 34 again  :|
501 million to 37  :shock:
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2013, 12:16:15 pm »
+1
If these resources were designed for small clans, why do you wanted give it for DRZ? Do they look like small clan?  :rolleyes:

No one knows exactly, time will tell, but most probably strat is pretty dead...

strat lives and dies with Wessex...

(click to show/hide)
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2013, 02:26:22 pm »

strat lives and dies with Wessex...

(click to show/hide)

You never die on strat, you only lose hope.