Author Topic: Builds after Patch what have you noticed?  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Builds after Patch what have you noticed?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 04:14:58 pm »
Get a shield wololololo  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »
+4
I am the one assholeshining HA you speak off. After 3 years of shieldless melee and after waiting for a few days to see the results of respecs I find melee to be extremly boring and a way street basically (I did plan on respecing anyways so this was a nice bonus for me), having much more fun on my HA. I still regularly play my 2h/pole alt and get so bored after just a few rounds. So hate on me all you want but I try to keep things fun for me and that's all there is to it.

You've changed man! You used to be cool!

Anyway, in all honesty I did briefly consider going HA myself, partake in the buttholery. Payback for all those time I got killed by some HA where the only chance of getting a hit on him was if he made some major blunder.
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 04:32:33 pm »
+1
Embrace your inner my old friend Robert and set yourself free!

But srsly I can't believe all the hype, is couple of Ha the only thing you guys noticed? really?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 04:33:10 pm »
+3
Get a shield wololololo  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

had a shield :D doesn't help
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 05:00:07 pm »
NA2 seems about the same. Mostly balanced (or slightly str heavy) builds in medium+ armor. I'm 21/21 in medium armor, and it feels "cookie cutter".

A few agility trolls running around, but they mostly get 1-shot when they miss a block or get TWed (if not killed by a random projectile) so they don't really have much impact on the outcome of the round. The flag is won or lost by the 2h heroes with lots of armor and power strike, which is how it's always been (and should be).

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 05:13:58 pm »
+2
Most people chose the same builds they already had.

Boooring.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 05:19:26 pm »
NA2 seems about the same. Mostly balanced (or slightly str heavy) builds in medium+ armor. I'm 21/21 in medium armor, and it feels "cookie cutter".

A few agility trolls running around, but they mostly get 1-shot when they miss a block or get TWed (if not killed by a random projectile) so they don't really have much impact on the outcome of the round.

Sure hope I ain't tossed in with those so called "agi trolls" you speak of!

I agree that NA2 is still pretty much the same. There were even those super agi "trolls" beforehand, like those runner of runnington or sprinter of sprintington guys, for example. Not like there is a massive influx of them even after the patch. If nothing else though every player who used to take 3 - 4 hits from me might now only take 2 - 3. I kinda went opposite the grain on this patch. I kept my same build I had, just happened to level up and get 18 strength (for the first time ever on my polearmer, might I add). I ended up getting more strength as the average strength of everyone else MIGHT have dropped. Needless to say it is quite fun now. :D

(click to show/hide)

Oh, and:

The flag is won or lost by the 2h heroes with lots of armor and power strike, which is how it's always been (and should be).

WHAT!?! SHOULD be? ....debatable.  :/

The flag is won or lost by the players with the most skill, which is how it's never been, but should be.

Fixed.  :P

Most people chose the same builds they already had.

Boooring.

Guilty as charged. I bet a lot of players have these builds because it is what they have the most fun as, and/or do the best as, so it only makes sense that they stick with them. Also, str wasn't really nerfed all that much to be quite honest, so it is still viable, and those that always played as pure strength have no reason to swap (especially after the hotfix apparently gave them back wpf per level.)

I have yet to respec my alts... debating whether or not to switch them to a different class or not. The problem is they are both level 31 anyways. :/

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 07:25:46 pm »
Sure hope I ain't tossed in with those so called "agi trolls" you speak of!

I'm talking about the guys in cloth with 10 athletics and Rondel/Espada/etc that dart in and stab you for half your health and dart out of your reach before you even get to swing. They are annoying, but in a clusterfvck at the flag, they are the first to die. Honestly, I barely notice a difference fighting someone with 8ath vs 4ath when they wear medium armor; it still mostly comes down to how well they block and/or kick.