Author Topic: Builds after Patch what have you noticed?  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Builds after Patch what have you noticed?
« on: November 21, 2013, 11:04:07 am »
+1
So did the battlefield change drastically or not? Is the mod finally ded?

EU1 - I noticed quite a few more lancers, guess that's more to do with Heavy Lance buff than wpf, also lots of agi shileders, not like they heaven't been there for a while so not sure... oh and a few more Horse Archers (huehue)  :wink:

Your toughts?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
Re: Builds after Patch what have you noticed?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 11:17:00 am »
str nerfed.

esspecially HA and all the ranged cunts hurt even more.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 11:22:13 am »
+1
Didn't notice a huge difference so far to be honest (except for less extreme strength builds of course). Most people still seem to use a balanced build.

Offline Jeraz

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Woodland
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 11:33:26 am »
+2
People are a bit faster but the thing i notice more is that my arrows do a lot more damage cause people have less armor/hp.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 11:37:26 am »
spam, stab, spam, stab, headshoot...

but it's because I didn't really play for 3 weeks before patch

I slightly adjust my STR build, but I'm still slower than most people on battle server  :rolleyes:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 11:57:12 am »
+12
1. Login
2. Notice how many horse archers there is
3. Giving it a try anyway
4. Getting bored
5. Path of exile

Sad but true :)

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 12:26:29 pm »
People are a bit faster but the thing i notice more is that my arrows do a lot more damage cause people have less armor/hp.
And that's the key change I noticed as HA. I was playing HA long time before wpf change was even announced, and it was much harder than it is now. Not because now you got slightly more wpf than before with same build (10 wpf more with 18/24 build), but because people now has much less HP and defence than before, so it's much easier to kill your target.
Before patch there were plenty of people with 70+ def builds and plenty of HP. Now almost everyone changed to more agi build (18/24 instead of 24/18 and so on). Instead of maxing IF, they are maxing WM. So they are much easier to kill not only for HA, but for all ranged. I went to my arbalester yesterday, and I was surprised how many people dies from just one bolt now! Killing STR build is impossible in single hit, but it's surely possible to 15/24, no IF build.
I suspect people were so excited about having many WPF points, they forgot how much HP they will lose by doing so. But that's the good thing, isn't it? That was the point of the patch - to drastically decrease amount of STR builds, which were almost unkillable monsters.

BTW: Amount of ranged should get reduced in few weeks time. Especially some clans (Prpavi :P) just trolls with HA, abusing banner balance feature. Yeah, I agree it is annoying when one team got 10 HA, 10 archers, and 5 crossbowmans, while the other team got no proper ranged counter (banner balance loves to do this). Some people will go back to more STR builds soon, others will get bored of trolling, and everything should be fine then. We will see I guess.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 01:31:55 pm »
+1
1. Login
2. Notice how many horse archers there is
3. Giving it a try anyway
4. Getting bored
5. Path of exile

Sad but true :)

hey that's actually what i do ! free hug for you.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 03:00:17 pm »
+2
Heavy Lance is still not better than the Lance anyway, unless you make a build around it. As strength heavy cav it is relatively terrible.

I myself specced all my old builds again, which is 21/21 on my 2h and polearm and 26/15 on my cav. Probably gonna switch my swashbuckler from 24/15 to 21/18 but still gonna aim at 24/18 next level. I even went with 6 IF and 3 WM with my 2h. I welcome all the squishy nubs that jumped on the more agi and WM train, easier kills. Mod got faster and people got less tanky, which addresses two big problems with the mod in my opinion. Mod got a little better I'd say. Now we just need a general armour nerf. Reducing the armour gain from looming would be a good start, and do something about gloves. High price is not a proper way of balancing.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 03:03:17 pm »
after patch the amount of horse ranged is too damn high!
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 03:07:26 pm »
I noticed a lot of horsie archers! The other day I had 5 of them on me, personally. Before the patch, it'd be exceptional with that many on the server.

I don't think it has anything to do with the rule changes, more with a "OH FREE RESPEC, THIS IS MY TIME TO ASSHOLE-SHINE!" approach.
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 03:50:39 pm »
+2
I am the one assholeshining HA you speak off. After 3 years of shieldless melee and after waiting for a few days to see the results of respecs I find melee to be extremly boring and a way street basically (I did plan on respecing anyways so this was a nice bonus for me), having much more fun on my HA. I still regularly play my 2h/pole alt and get so bored after just a few rounds. So hate on me all you want but I try to keep things fun for me and that's all there is to it.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 03:56:45 pm »
Heavy Lance is still not better than the Lance anyway, unless you make a build around it. As strength heavy cav it is relatively terrible.

I myself specced all my old builds again, which is 21/21 on my 2h and polearm and 26/15 on my cav. Probably gonna switch my swashbuckler from 24/15 to 21/18 but still gonna aim at 24/18 next level. I even went with 6 IF and 3 WM with my 2h. I welcome all the squishy nubs that jumped on the more agi and WM train, easier kills. Mod got faster and people got less tanky, which addresses two big problems with the mod in my opinion. Mod got a little better I'd say. Now we just need a general armour nerf. Reducing the armour gain from looming would be a good start, and do something about gloves. High price is not a proper way of balancing.

I bumped up to 24/18 on courser and decided to give the MW Heavy lance a try again, so far I'm really liking it.  I still kind of miss my 21str/7PS MW Lance build (on a courser), it seems like that still did more damage (and the quicker thrust is nice when in the midst of infantry).  But the heavy lance with 8 PS riding on a courser seems to hit people pretty hard.  And I like being able to go up against any other lancer/cavalry and not have to worry about being outreached.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 04:02:29 pm »
hmmm... changes?
Spamming cunt amount increased
Ranged cunt amount increased
bundle of sticksnes in general increased

Rage(quit)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 04:11:04 pm »
I am the one assholeshining HA you speak off. After 3 years of shieldless melee and after waiting for a few days to see the results of respecs I find melee to be extremly boring and a way street basically (I did plan on respecing anyways so this was a nice bonus for me), having much more fun on my HA. I still regularly play my 2h/pole alt and get so bored after just a few rounds. So hate on me all you want but I try to keep things fun for me and that's all there is to it.

im sure but you guys do kill eu1 totally late at night :P like last night you guys come on the server drops loads over a couple of maps :D i rage quit eu1 because of 4-7 Horse ranged out of the 20 people left go to eu2 and most of the people who left eu1 were there :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk