Author Topic: What did YOU Respec to?  (Read 6502 times)

Offline sJimmy

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: What did YOU Respec to?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 11:36:40 pm »
I think I'll be sticking to 21/21 for archer build now - You get the benefits of the old 18/24 build (~170 WPF) but now with more STR and fewer converted points. And if I read correctly, PD now has lesser affect on accuracy, so extra PD is viable.

That's what I was thinking too, It seems to work for me at lvl 30.

So close to doing this (was 21/18 with 5 IF/Shield, 7 PS, 6 riding/athletics/wm.  125 1h, 119 polearms).  But I'm tempted to go 24/18 instead...no clue wtf to do

(click to show/hide)

Try to trade +3 courser for +3 arabian warhorse,which would seal the deal for me

Also trying to get +3 heavy lance for my +3 lance  (lol doubt that either of these will happen)

Hey Huseby when you find a good build for cav now let me know, because I still don't know what to do with this patch.
"By what you decide to do every day you will be a good man or not." – Knights Hospitaller, 2nd Crusade

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 12:02:09 am »
I'm strongly considering a 30-15 polearm build at level 33 with all relevant infantry skills maxed. My issue is that I took a liking to cavalry, especially in strategus. My old 24-18 build with all relevant infantry skills maxed along with 6 riding was treating my very well.

I want to replicate my domination using a 33-12 polearm level 33 build with all relevant infantry skills maxed, but I don't know if I can give up the goddamned riding.

Oh, and ironflesh isn't a skill I even consider picking up. If I'm getting hit, I'm doing something wrong.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 12:03:37 am »
+3
Look at all the IF in these builds. Called it!

Mine:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 12:05:14 am »
+3
I respecced to the exact same builds i had before, since i wasn't str-crutching anyway :D

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 12:11:27 am »
Hey guys, as the patch litterally fucked up my STR archer hybrid, do you think that 21/21 is a good build for an archer atm ? Or should I go pure whore ?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 01:03:38 am »
Oh, and ironflesh isn't a skill I even consider picking up. If I'm getting hit, I'm doing something wrong.

30 strength alone gets you 65 HP. That's almost as much as 21 strength and 7 IF (70 HP). And you get more hitting power by a long shot.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 01:20:21 am »
30 strength alone gets you 65 HP. That's almost as much as 21 strength and 7 IF (70 HP). And you get more hitting power by a long shot.

Certainly true. IF is mainly useful for teamwounds and ranged, it seems. Many teamwounds result from a lack of awareness of the teammates around you. Sure, there are plenty of jackasses that run around and teamwound like idiots, but it is not difficult to avoid those players once you learn who they are. Tons of people will orbit an enemy closely and mindlessly and get teamwounded because of it. In the end, at least some fault will always lie with the teamwounder, but a large part of it can lie with the teamwounded.

You can always avoid ranged, even if it sucks hiding and not fighting because you'll be pincushioned with a quickness. It's not that hard to find a competent shielder that you can hide behind while advancing.

I just can't decide on a more-than-competent footman that can ride a ballin' fast horse and lance from it or a disgustingly powerfully-hitting pure footman that still has adequate athletics for footwork.

Fuck.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:25:28 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 01:57:23 am »
+1
21/18 to 15/27 Shielder. Still deciding whether to get polearm proficiency or be a mega 1h spam whore...

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 02:06:31 am »
I'm completely lost as how to proceed. Before the rework I was 18/20; with 8 mil left till 33 for an 18/21 hoplite/1h build. I was going for a really balanced build... and actually getting quite bored.
Anyhow, I don't know what build to go for. I was thinking about going with the FOTM and grabbing a bunch of AGI for a light fast hoplite which I think would work with my play style.

Agility builds are kind of uncharted territory for me as I've always gone for balanced hybrid builds. Anyone have a recommendation for me? For a level 33 build of course and I definitely want to stick with polearms.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  :D

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 02:41:28 am »
+1
i became very fond of 11 shieldskill ... i do miss a bit more wpf ... i was even thinking going back to the very roots like when i started as a 1h/sh/thrower ... having a bit more str also would be nice so i would be more flexible concerning weapon balancing and strategus gear ...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh i hope i did the right thing ^^

(click to show/hide)

if not, well i did start saving up for another respec befor the patch anouncement ^^
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 02:43:05 am »
Was going to do the same 18/18 polecav build but ended up accidentally putting all the wpf in 1handed.

Now i'm a 1hand cav with 2 goddamn shield.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 03:09:00 am »
oh snap
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 03:50:50 am »
+1
Got a MW Heavy Lance for my MW Lance, so that sealed the deal for me.  Went 24/18

Coming from 21/18

5 IF
7 PS
5 Shield
6 Athletics
6 Riding
6 WM

125 1h
119 polearm

God damn san, can't believe you're 1.6 million from 36...bastard.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 04:12:26 am »
I was 21/21 before patch and I liked my setup for strat and normal battle but I mostly played on alts for normal servers anyway.

And now I have no fucking clue what to do.

I'm leaning towards 18/24 or something similar to hybrid better and get more ath. It'd just be 1 less PS but I can't bring myself to make a damn decision. 21/21 with same or similar setup? Or 18/24 with similar setup? I don't plan to go higher str but.. I could I guess.

Wish I could remember what wpfs I had before to remember what I had for crossbow wpf to get a feel for where would be adequate to stop at.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 05:56:52 am »
+2
18/24 is what I settled on Taser. Went ahead and put into 1h/2h/pole and wound up being able to split prof 121/96/112 pre bonus (146/126/139 after) at full WM. You could definitely make a decent hybrid of melee + crossbow, maybe even two melee classes.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.