Author Topic: Horse kills  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Horse kills
« on: May 14, 2011, 08:43:58 pm »
If archers and pikeman are supposed to be killing horses, please add mounted horse kills to the scoreboard so we can see which ones are doing their "job".

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:04:44 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
Re: Horse kills
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:31:36 pm »
Would be awesome if possible. Spearmen/pikemen, archers/crossbowmen, and throwers tend to spend a lot of effort and ammo on bringing horses down. If they could show up as kills it'd be awesome.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:38:58 pm »
If so, I suggest we add a boolean counter for horses kept alive by horsemen. It allready takes a superhero/coward to keep your horse alive when it's killed in one arrow. If every killhungry archer (and we know they are killhungry when their rule for aiming is lighter armor first) focuses horses even more than before, it will be worse.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 11:39:52 pm »
Well, I've always imagined this game needs Assist points, and horses would be worth 1/3 a point (assuming it had an enemy rider on it when killed).  Assists would be 1/2 a point.

Or if there's no Assists system, upgrade the horses to 1/2 a kill.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 11:57:22 pm »
yeah good idea, i love dismounting riders. sometimes i go to an open field on foot just for duelling against cavalry. when they lose their horses, i leave them on the ground and head for another challenge. most riders suck on foot cuz they have less athletics and it's funny to see them lurking at the edges of map on foot patheticly  8-)

but one point, some people may abuse this by killing free horses around. so, only horses with riders must be counted for the assist score.

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 11:59:05 pm »
assists! i hit ppl like hell but only kill 1 of 7 :(
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 08:30:24 am »
Do any of the dev's know if this is possible? What about assists?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 09:51:59 am »
No, please NO.

I often need a horse. If people would gain kills for killing horses, they would do that every time they spot a horse: no mater I WHISTLED for that horse or not: they will just kill him when he rides straight at me... And bum, I am screwed.

NO.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 09:56:22 am »
Why not?

Maybe an "assist" score that show the support you do in a round, killing horses or wounding enemies. It have no effect on the game, but shows how players works for their team.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 10:02:04 am »
No, please NO.

I often need a horse. If people would gain kills for killing horses, they would do that every time they spot a horse: no mater I WHISTLED for that horse or not: they will just kill him when he rides straight at me... And bum, I am screwed.

NO.

I'm talking about MOUNTED horses.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:07:36 am by Rumblood »

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 01:39:09 pm »
some people may abuse this by killing free horses around. so, only horses with riders must be counted for the assist score.

They don't already?

I've seen plenty of times an enemy get on a horse going by at 40mph (which is kinda fucking dumb) and start attacking my team. I'm not leaving those fuckers just wandering around the field, I kill them every chance i get.

As for whistling, most of the time I don't know if it's people just doing it because "lol I can whistle" or because they want to attract the attention of someone or because they actually want a horse. This is why where needs to be a "Hey!" or "Over here!" shout or something similar. Or just remove whistling from people who have less than 2 riding skill. (nerf whistling)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:41:32 pm by OzyTheSage »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 01:44:59 pm »
I would like to add it's stupid to get points because you killed an enemy horse you or one of your teammates can potentially use. You should allways go for the rider (except when he's blocking of course) and save the horse for friendly use.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 01:46:31 pm »
I would like to add it's stupid to get points because you killed an enemy horse you or one of your teammates can potentially use. You should allways go for the rider (except when he's blocking of course) and save the horse for friendly use.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 02:00:09 pm »

Horses cannot block attacks, a rider can. The horse will stop when you poke it in the face and allow your team to gangrape the horseman, but the rider will block you if you try to hit him and ride away laughing at your pathetic attempts to kill him. A lancer has very good reach, and the horse's head sticks out further, allowing you to hit the horse before you can even touch the rider, allowing you to potentially kill it then the rider rather than getting couch lanced or poked at high speed when you try to jump stab or some other fancy de-rider maneuver. Going for the horse is safer and has more guarantees. I'm going for the horse, thanks.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 03:04:55 pm »

If you want a horse, spawn one. It's stupid to leave one standing  near a group of friendlies. Why? Friendly riders are across the map killing the enemy. The only person that is going to use that horse is the ENEMY cavalry that you just dismounted. He's going to simply run over, mount and ride off laughing, thanking you for having a spare mount standing by for him to escape upon.