Author Topic: 2h Bastard Sword Type Weapons  (Read 7379 times)

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 2h Bastard Sword Type Weapons
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2013, 04:44:24 am »
just make no fuking sens for me

Well that settles that, then.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2013, 07:46:26 am »
+5
Still trying to find a polearm that even compares to the speed and damage of a longsword, and the stab reach.. IMO these weapons are a bit of a joke when combined with speed and damage compared to any other sword. Just my opinion
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2013, 09:42:12 am »
Still trying to find a polearm that even compares to the speed and damage of a longsword, and the stab reach.. IMO these weapons are a bit of a joke when combined with speed and damage compared to any other sword. Just my opinion

Different weapon types perform differently. How surprising!

Longaxe is roughly equivalent to longsword. It's a little slower and a tiny bit more expensive, but does more swing damage and has bonus vs. shields. It's also significantly longer. They're both mid-tier utility weapons and the biggest difference is in how they're perceived.

Personally, I've always thought that the war spear was pretty much the longsword's polearm counterpart in that they're both pretty fast and do medium damage, but stat-wise a longaxe is closer.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2013, 10:19:57 am »
+4
Different weapon types perform differently. How surprising!

Longaxe is roughly equivalent to longsword. It's a little slower and a tiny bit more expensive, but does more swing damage and has bonus vs. shields. It's also significantly longer. They're both mid-tier utility weapons and the biggest difference is in how they're perceived.

Personally, I've always thought that the war spear was pretty much the longsword's polearm counterpart in that they're both pretty fast and do medium damage, but stat-wise a longaxe is closer.

You can't rightfully compare length stats between weapon classes. The long axe may have a larger length stat, but it is clear that a longsword would out-reach it most of the time. The longsword is held at the hilt while the long axe is held right in the middle of the weapon.

I would agree that the war spear is the best comparison to the longsword, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2013, 10:40:01 am »
+1
I'm pretty sure that a longsword outreaches a long axe in every direction just from the animations.

I think it'd be more fair to compare regular Hafted Blade with Heavy Bastard Sword with animation length differences/utility/price in mind:

Hafted Blade:
Polearms get some sort of weight bonus for blocking attacks
Better reach on left swings (~1 weapon length)
Better reach on right swings (~10 weapon length)
Pole nudge
Guandao cav swings

HBS:
Better speed
Better turn speed (Most noticeable with thrusts)
Better reach on overheads (~3 weapon length)
Better reach on thrusts (~34 weapon length)
Better thrust damage
2H nudge
1H cav swings

Offline Wrangham

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • In-game: Wrang
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2013, 12:15:22 pm »
Create an entirely new WPF category by splitting axes, long maces, bec, etc., the"bladed" style polearms, from spears and the other 2d poles. Right now all the bladed polearms suffer a huge balancing malus because their users have the potential to pick up pike/halberd/hoplite gear in strategus.

Hafted Blade:
Pole nudge
Guandao cav swings

HBS:
Better speed
Better thrust damage
2H nudge
1H cav swings

Spot-on analysis. Could do it for every "bladed" polearm and the 2H would come out on top.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2013, 01:36:32 pm »
I'm pretty sure that a longsword outreaches a long axe in every direction just from the animations.

I think it'd be more fair to compare regular Hafted Blade with Heavy Bastard Sword with animation length differences/utility/price in mind:

Hafted Blade:
Pole nudge
Guandao cav swings

HBS:
Better speed
Better thrust damage
2H nudge
1H cav swings

Have you tested the swing/stab reaches or is it based on some old animation reach info? I wouldn't have thought Hafted blade has a further reach with its swings that HBS. Anyway if Hafted Blade were to be balanced with HBS it would need more speed and a much better stab damage
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2013, 07:22:15 pm »
They slowed down the LS a while ago, and then a while later sped it back up again...
I wouldn't mind if they slowed it down 1 pt and added a couple length or something (and removed the 1h capability of it)

Whatever it takes for people to stop whining about it and other swords...so we can all move on with our internet swords and horses lives.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2013, 07:38:39 pm »
I wouldn't mind if they slowed it down 1 pt and added a couple length or something (and removed the 1h capability of it)

Imagine it losing 1 speed, like you suggest, and then having a couple of length added.

Now look at Two Handed Sword and realize that it wouldn't be a good idea. In my opinion it's fine as it is. Maybe increase the price a bit.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2013, 07:47:43 pm »
It would basically be between the current LS and the Two Handed Sword...

Current Two Handed Sword isn't used much because the additional length and damage isn't enough to compensate for the speed loss from the LS/HBS...and people that want more length/dmg just go for the greatswords, etc.

But I def agree with price increase on LS etc.

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2013, 04:01:06 pm »
I still believe that in a 1 v 1 scenario the longsword is the ultimate weapon (probably as it should be). The issue I have with it is that the stats are better, by far, than the katana even though the katana is ~3k more expensive.

I understand weeaboo tax or w.e, but 3k is a ton considering the LS is only -1 cut damage, -1 speed from the katana, but has +11 range, and a godlike fast +5pierce stab. LS also has a polearm mode (supposedly about to buffed) for pole nudges, and a slightly higher weight for blockstun.

Make the LS 9-10k, or cut the price of the katana. I know a lot of people have said the exact same thing, I just can't believe the stat difference when compared to the price difference.

OFFTOPIC: For you miaodao haters out there, sure it's powerful and easy to use, but do you really think it's overpowered without a stab?

2h stab is the best attack direction, giving you support abilities in groups, almost complete cav protection, and the ability to use the most effective feints. I find the stats to be fine, maybe up the price to be more like the katana.

Maybe it's more of an issue in EU or CHN, but from what I have seen and experienced, miaodao is mainly a major threat for it's backstab potential on unaware targets. In a face to face battle, a stabless weapon is pretty easy to fight against in comparison to the LS or GS, the main threat becomes it's great synergy with kick. I would like to know what Tydeus thinks of it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:13:49 pm by chesterotab »

▲ ▲

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2013, 04:23:56 pm »
Raise LS price to 7,660 instead of 6,660
That way it's still cheaper than the Two Handed Sword.

And lower katana to 8,376

Funny thing about katana is how ironic its one drawback is...you know...how short it is....
(click to show/hide)

:mrgreen:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »
+1
HBS > LS > katana > BS in my opinion. And all of them have much better stats than what they should have.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2013, 09:36:45 pm »
HBS > LS > katana > BS in my opinion. And all of them have much better stats than what they should have.
still the same ^^

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2013, 03:07:56 am »
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
| [3] Masterwork Heavy Bastard Sword                 | old                            | new                           |
|----------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|-------------------------------|
| speed rating                                       | 96                             | 99                            |
| swing damage                                       | 26 cut                         | 32 cut                        |
|____________________________________________________|________________________________|_______________________________|

thanks alot  :D