Author Topic: Goedendag  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
Re: Goedendag
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 12:54:07 pm »
goedendag is so fun who needs bonus vs shield. I heirloomed mine 3 times to the *ahem*

Mighty Goedendag

and thrusting into a shield with a point does nothing but get your weapon stuck in it

I was the first who made the Mighty Goedendag  :mrgreen:.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 12:56:29 pm »
I love my Goedendag even though it feels so weak. It is too light so it hardly ever knocks down and the new hairlooms make it gain only 0.3 and then 0.2 (total 0.5) in weight, so even that does not help much.

The blunt damage is as low as mid/low tier 1H maces and the pierce damage is on the low end of 2H weapons. Give it a bit better thrust, the nasty spike is the whole point of this weapon (haha pun intended). Should be equal to the better 2H swords in thrust. Being club/spear hybrid, a polearm secondary mode would be cool (OK I am biased, I want it to go with my pole/2H hybrid).
I am also willing to accept instead a polearm thrust animation (like the langes messer in 2H mode) with a very significant boots to damage - the lolstab is not really fitting to this weapon.

Why the pole stab? The lolstab makes this weapon funny...and also pole stab is worse than 2 stab lenght...
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 12:58:51 pm »
+1
Goedangadanang looks ridiculous !
ERASE THAT UGLY WEAPON FROM OUR GAME !

It's a nice weapon, and I love killing people with it who calls it ugly because they get annoyed so much HAHA.  :mrgreen:

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 02:46:20 pm »
Why the pole stab? The lolstab makes this weapon funny...and also pole stab is worse than 2 stab lenght...
On the historical/real-life side, I guess pole-thrust is more correct (I do not think anyone knows for sure how it was wielded). 2H stab where you hold the stick at the near end and thrust the far tip (like all 2H swords in 2H animation) is a weak thrust and easy to glance (harder to hold te tip against a hard surface). It is more of a poke unless you opponent is wearing pajamas. I *think* that for real thrust, intended to go through even leather armor, it would be used as a polearm (spaced grip). This is as opposed to swinging where it would be used as a bat, griping it at the end of it with hands close together for longer reach and power - like the swords. This is the 2H/pole hybrid.

In terms of gameplay, a polearm thrust animation can justify a serious boost to thrust damage without making this weapon OP - I am talking about 30ish pierce like swords in polearm mode or polearms with a nasty spike, but the effective reach will be very short. The langes messer in the game works this way in 2H mode (2H for swings and pole for thrust). I think it will even look good. The other alternative is to give it a polearm alt-mode like the swords with a boost to thrust damage, but then if the blunt gets reduced like the cut in 2H pole-swords it would be pathetic.

btw,
Its "bastard" status is useless. It is way too slow and damage too low (with penalty on top) to be used effectively in 1H. It would have been useful from horse back but it is flagged unusable. The only reason I complain about that is that the animation for carrying it *without* a shield is for 1H weapons. It just looks very wrong - pole or 2H would look but more fitting.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »
On the historical/real-life side, I guess pole-thrust is more correct (I do not think anyone knows for sure how it was wielded). 2H stab where you hold the stick at the near end and thrust the far tip (like all 2H swords in 2H animation) is a weak thrust and easy to glance (harder to hold te tip against a hard surface). It is more of a poke unless you opponent is wearing pajamas. I *think* that for real thrust, intended to go through even leather armor, it would be used as a polearm (spaced grip). This is as opposed to swinging where it would be used as a bat, griping it at the end of it with hands close together for longer reach and power - like the swords. This is the 2H/pole hybrid.

In terms of gameplay, a polearm thrust animation can justify a serious boost to thrust damage without making this weapon OP - I am talking about 30ish pierce like swords in polearm mode or polearms with a nasty spike, but the effective reach will be very short. The langes messer in the game works this way in 2H mode (2H for swings and pole for thrust). I think it will even look good. The other alternative is to give it a polearm alt-mode like the swords with a boost to thrust damage, but then if the blunt gets reduced like the cut in 2H pole-swords it would be pathetic.

btw,
Its "bastard" status is useless. It is way too slow and damage too low (with penalty on top) to be used effectively in 1H. It would have been useful from horse back but it is flagged unusable. The only reason I complain about that is that the animation for carrying it *without* a shield is for 1H weapons. It just looks very wrong - pole or 2H would look but more fitting.

Your idea is nice, but goedendag is not long enough, look at long iron mace, it uses the pole stab and it is completely useless :(. And about the glancing, I rarely glance with the stab with goedendag, you just need some nice PS for it, I have 7 and it is 100% working, I glance on only like plate, but that's a rare thing on the battlefield nowadays.

Edit: And we have spears for this type of job. So lets leave this weapon unique I think.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:27:37 pm by Momo »

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 05:59:52 pm »

Further strenghtening my point.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 10:03:30 pm »
It's a nice weapon, and I love killing people with it who calls it ugly because they get annoyed so much HAHA.  :mrgreen:
I remember how i raged after you 1 hit me with that ridiculous weapon lol

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 10:05:08 pm »
Further strenghtening my point.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:01 pm »
there is no reason why it wouldnt have a 2h thrust. Spike on the end, somewhat short. Pretty much a bastard sword there
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 08:43:00 am »
I remember how i raged after you 1 hit me with that ridiculous weapon lol

How contradicting, also I don't think I've shown any sort of anger at any point during my post.

But anyway, all this to further strenghten my point yet again.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 09:40:49 am »
This weapon works best with a high ps build imo. Low ps you're liable to whiff due to the relatively low blunt dmg.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 09:43:40 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqlIcT9Ps8w

looks like a pole arm thrust to me

[also, a skin that looked like that would be a sweet]
pierce and blunt side swings and thrusts

good day
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:48:55 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 01:23:04 pm »
or here are another ones. they are way bigger than in crpg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmakjKAlJnM&feature=player_detailpage#t=218s
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 02:01:35 pm »
This book on google claims it was 4-5 feet long staff:
http://books.google.com/books?id=bORQs7Yw4-IC&lpg=PA78&ots=sc8jRO0nUH&dq=goedendag%20spurs&pg=PA78#v=onepage&q=goedendag&f=false

Also here - "chest length":
http://www.liebaart.org/goeden_e.htm

Reconstruction sold over the internet weigh about 5 lbs, but the historical accuracy of these is unknown.