Poll

Is Zimmerman really innocent?

Yay
17 (45.9%)
Nay
20 (54.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: The Zimmerman case  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: The Zimmerman case
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 05:27:16 pm »
I somehow doubt his race had anything to do with it when Trayvon was pounding his head against the concrete and went for his gun
true true but it's just that its vague what really happened and why he couldn't just grapple him to the ground, since he is some neighbourhood watchdawg i reckon hed have taken some basic self defence classes, or he was an incompetent one and got overpowered easily and pulled his gun cause he didnt stand a chance. Still a more competent guy should stand in such position, inexperienced guards would be far more trigger happy(well not happy  : Pbut sooner too shoot cause they cant handle stress as good as ) causing imo shootings like this more likely to occur, instead of a clean simple arrest

But yeah who needs quality  protection when you can legally carry a pistoln up your ass and have a dozen more all around your house
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 05:30:20 pm »
+1
How many people who have tried to kill you have you "just grappled to the ground"? Also, Neighbourhood watch =/= Delta Force.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 05:34:58 pm »
I figure that any normal police would take a dangerous target, unarmed, down by physical force, not just blast away. I mean hooligans don't get blasted through their brain either, right? And they also attack the police, sure they get beaten with clubs but they dont get shot by gun

And impretty sure that in such situations there are some psychos who would love to kill a cop or any law enforcer, high on whatever and those people dont get shot either, imo shooting is Only cool if the evil villain also carries a gun
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 05:36:56 pm »
Except Zimmerman isn't a police officer? And that he was ambushed by Trayvon? You seem to have some serious misconceptions about what Nehighbourhood Watch is...

neighbourhood* cba fixing on my phone
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 05:37:22 pm »
Theyre like guards walking around no?

Added something to post above btw yh phone keyboard aint really the good stuff compared to pc huh typing onpad myself bloody annoying

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 05:37:45 pm »
Wow ptx, go edumacate yourself, you are Trayvon.
..and why should i care?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 05:38:44 pm »
No, normal people keeping an eye on their own neighbourhood
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »
Ah i thought they were like clubs but the article stated that they did have connection with the PD

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 05:44:20 pm »
+5
It's just retarded that he got completely off the hook. Losing a fistfight that you could have prevented in the first place and then resolving it with a gun. That's just bullshit and very exploitable. Not that the kid is innocent. He most likely got the fight started. But Zimmerman had a big part in it and should at least be charged with manslaughter. Proportionality. Allowing every idiot to walk around with a gun increases the likeliness of dead people resulting from conflicts.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 05:47:25 pm »
So a guy playing police chased an unarmed teenager who did nothing wrong without any reason and then shot him during a fight (we don't know what happened exactly as far as I know). Yeh, seems legit.  :rolleyes: I am not saying that he had a racist motivation, but the death of Trayvon Martin was avoidable and completly unnecessary. He should go to jail for it in my opinion.

How many people who have tried to kill you have you "just grappled to the ground"? Also, Neighbourhood watch =/= Delta Force.

Yeh, the teenager (who had no problems with the law before iirc) was clearly trying to KILL Zimmerman.  :rolleyes: That's why he stalked him all the time before. Oh wait...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:58:07 pm by Erzengel »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2013, 06:01:34 pm »
+2
Nobody will ever know for sure if he was justified.  He should not have been following some kid through the housing complex and automatically assume he was a criminal (especially after dispatch said police were on the way and to let the real police handle the situation...which is also what common sense should  tell someone).  In my mind Zimmerman started the confrontation.  It's basically like me going up to someone and threatening them and baiting them into fighting me, and then I pull out a gun and kill them.

According to Florida law this would still make him justified in self defense killing (even if he starts the fight) which is bullshit.  If someone starts a fight with me (as an adult) I will treat it as the life or death situation that it is.  You put us in this situation, I didn't choose to be here fighting for my life.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 06:09:07 pm »
+1
Zimmerman was found innocent in a court of law. Personally, i was disgusted by the media hype and speculation. What ever happened with innocent until proven guilty?

I watched quite a few parts of this case on stream. The judge was a biased old whore, and the prosecutor team based the bulk of their case on apeals on emotions. I was pleasently suprised with the jury not getting swayed by emotions and keeping their heads cool. There was simply not enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was not done in self defense, and thats what ultimately matters to the law, and thats how innocent people dont end up in jail.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:13:48 pm by Umbra »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2013, 06:18:59 pm »
+1
Juries get things wrong all the time.  And just because the prosecution failed doesn't mean that Zimmerman was innocent.  I agree the jury was correct in their findings as well.  But I think Zimmerman was the aggressor based on the evidence.  I think he could have easily prevented this from happening if he wasn't trying to play the role of a bigoted policeman. 

Most juries are pretty retarded people, and the lawyers get to cherry pick who gets put on the case.  Usually the smartest people (who pay attention to the news) are not on the juries.  Even people who don't pay attention to the news but are intelligent are able to find ways to get off of juries (which is what most people try to do when their in the jury pool).

A trial of our peers needs to be much more randomized and a much better process in place.  Like most of our "justice" system, it's horribly flawed.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 06:28:06 pm »
I agree with you that the current system isnt ideal, but i dont think there ever will be an ideal system if there is a human factor in it. I also agree that Zimmermans zeal was a mistake, but based on the evidence provided i do not believe he killed the kid in cold blood. People arent perfect, but i wouldnt send a man to prison for 30+ years for being overzalous in the neighborhood watch.

I like to believe the jury did the best they could, based on the provided testimony and evidece. With the whole media spotligt on this case, freeing a man already portrayed guilty could not be a easy decision to make.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:33:34 pm by Umbra »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 07:23:22 pm »
Losing a fistfight that you could have prevented in the first place and then resolving it with a gun.
What? It's not called a fistfight when someone attacks you for no reason and starts pounding your head against the concrete, then reaches for your gun and says "you're gonna die now." That's called assault and attempted murder. Zimmerman was heard by several people to be yelling "help, help." The gun was not his first choice.

But Zimmerman had a big part in it and should at least be charged with manslaughter.
A big part? He was going to check a street sign for the police.

Allowing every idiot to walk around with a gun increases the likeliness of dead people resulting from conflicts.
And if they didn't allow people to carry, the wrong person would be dead.

So a guy playing police chased an unarmed teenager who did nothing wrong without any reason and then shot him during a fight (we don't know what happened exactly as far as I know). Yeh, seems legit.  :rolleyes: I am not saying that he had a racist motivation, but the death of Trayvon Martin was avoidable and completly unnecessary. He should go to jail for it in my opinion.
Playing police? Chased? You're completely misinformed. First, he wasn't playing police. Indeed, he had turned down an offer from local PD to get police look-a-like gear and title. You call attempted murder "nothing wrong"? The death of Trayvon Martin was indeed avoidable - if he didn't attack an innocent guy, he'd be alive.

Nobody will ever know for sure if he was justified.  He should not have been following some kid through the housing complex and automatically assume he was a criminal
He didn't follow anyone and he didn't automatically assume anyone was a criminal.

I find it hilarious how people have such strong opinions about this and speak in absolute tones when they clearly don't know half the facts.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.