Author Topic: Tell us about your journey through CRPG. (Your clan history.)  (Read 9186 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us about your journey through CRPG. (Your clan history.)
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2013, 12:19:18 pm »
+2
Started out in cRPG in ye ole days of 30 minute resets -> joined Mercs, when those were formed -> stuff -> more stuff -> left mercs along with forum moderator status and other things, basically almost quit cRPG -> yeap, didn't quite quit cRPG -> 4th strat, got village, created UDNWSFLC -> top lel -> left strategus, because reasons -> still here, somehow :D

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2013, 12:45:38 pm »

3. The people in FCC became more than a clan to me. I've become dependent on most of old school FCC's company to play anything. Losing those relationships would be like losing RL family, even though we disagree (if you guys only realized how many horrible things FCC have stopped me from doing) on a lot of things. So like family, I'm stuck with them. Most importantly, FCC taught me something valuable that I've since applied to my real life. I'm not sure how long it would've taken me to come to this outlook on my own.

Your family is dysfunctional. GF
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2013, 12:47:17 pm »
+3
When i first played cRPG, i remember being helped ingame by a Guard_Amythia (probably, not sure of the name), who looked great in his transitional armor with the Guard's tag.
I decided to follow that player around, helping him by shooting at his opponents when he was duelling.
After a while, decided to apply to the Caravan Guards, on 2010-08-29.

I was rather active then, leveling my archer with a 15 str and full agi, then retiring to get thoses extra free wpf points in archery. 220+ wpf was quite accurate back, and i was quite a decent archer back then. Totally sucked in blocking though.

I remember my first time staying alive till there was only 3 ennemies left, and 3 of us. Killed one. Ran out of arrows, picked up a steel pick since i had... 2 PS and 0 wpf. We lost one. Killed another guy in melee. Then we lost one. And i was finally all alone, against one ennemy. My chance to be recognised by the all community ! I dueled a bit, never got a single hit in, blocking fairly good. Then of course, Fallen_Bazingaaaaa (think it was him) finished me off in one nice sweep.
It was in a unbalanced but fun map, where one team spawned in a green plain, the other in a village. Between the two, a little river. There was a fair amount of roofs you could reach, and some walls surrounding the village. I quite liked that map.

Left cRPG twice, for several months each time, but stayed in the Caravan Guild. It was great to know i could just come back, join TS and cRPG, and start playing.
Still like playing "solo" with some of my characters.

Will stick with the Guards, since our banner looks awesome, and the lads are pretty nice there.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2013, 05:36:09 pm »
+3
Saw Frumpty playing it during a LAN party and decided to buy MB when it went on sale. Played single player as a plated cavalry tin can with a steel shield (the ultimate crutch). My only vivid memory of my scrub days in cRPG is buying a blue practice shield from the shop at level 2 (thinking it would be good and cover my lack of manual blocking skills), climbing the ladder on siege and coming face to face with a 2h kuyak hero. He kills my shield in one hit and then decapitated me with the next one. Switched to a nodachi 2h (I thought 2h was cool) but was still shit. After 2 weeks I got really frustrated and debated giving up on cRPG. Joined a gay ranged clan called ATTS with Frumpty as a last fuck you to cRPG. I then decided I really liked ranged and started developing my build. After going from shitty to slightly shitty I got involved in strat and wanted to work with a larger group of people. I went through the clan list and couldn't find a clan I really liked the members of. I saw Astralis and really liked the banner (and I had no issues against the clan members). Asked to join and, after a short trial period, was accepted to the clan! Been there for almost a year now.

Applied to be an admin and received a lot of support from my troll friends. Somehow got accepted to the position and here I stand before you today as the worst NA admin and xbow crutch hero.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:48:49 pm by Phantasmal »
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2013, 05:51:48 pm »
+6
Started playing cRPG july/august 2010, joined Ninjas early september 2010.

And the reason I am in Ninjas, is because I'm a ninja, so it's only logical.

Yeah.

EDIT: That said, though. I've loved it. Met a bunch of cool dudes, while not being obligated to do much. Though, technically I am the leader 'til Thomek reclaims his throne. or replaces me. We have our active and inactive times. We're a simple clan. We're a clan for people who want to play a ninja, and that's all. When they no longer want that, or want something more, they are always free to leave. And always welcome back.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:00:10 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2013, 05:53:53 pm »
Started playing March 2011
LL: Left because I wanted to get out of the clan
ATS: Clan disbanded in crpg and became Remnant with others
SEMENstorm: Kicked because I told Roh what everyone actually thinks of him but no one will say to him
FUPA: Clan disbanded and split over to SEMENstorm and Frisia. I am the leader on another cd key
Somalia Spring Break: FCC SCUM
Frisia: Current clan
DONKEY CLAN: DONKEY CLAN on my other cd key is current clan

There are probably more but it was just to use a banner and armory while I was looking for a bunch of nerds that wanted to play internet games and yell at each other for being raging nerds and not being good at a video game.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2013, 03:12:22 pm »
+2
   Started playing the mod only when I had the chance to kidnap Unreal's computer, back in the beginning, irc:// golden age.

Later got my own copy as a present, and stood clanless while experimenting classes and builds around, playing very sporadically.

Some time after I decided to give the game a real go and participate in strategus, and after searching a bit I noticed Mercs were a strong force in that area, and decided to take my chances there.
After a long while I decided to leave, because reasons, and wanted to play alongside with my real life friend, Unreal. And so I joined VRN. Best thing I ever did, made lot's of jolly good friends, and with the later fusion with the Sea Raiders, we became a big happy family under the banner of The Nordmen.

So far, there have been no reasons at all to leave this happy group, even with all the inactivity in this mod.

Offline Thorondor

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Turks
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Beleg
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2013, 05:24:03 pm »
+2
I started playing the mod in november 2011. I created my clan "the Karluks" with some friends.I left there a couple of weeks later cuz it was a shitty organization.

Then I joined Eurabian Sultanate that was led by Kareem.I had my fun there but they didn't play strategus so i decided to leave.

and I became a Kapikulu.had some cool friends there.after a year i left due to a personal issue. İ was frustrated. I wanted to join mercs and I even went their ts , changed my tag to mercA , played there for a day. They were all very kind to me :).but my frustration wasn't gone and I quit the game without saying anything to muffin.It was very rude :D.so When I came back I couldn't go back there and returned home.

since then I've been a Kapikulu and don't think to ever leave .

Offline Thorondor

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Turks
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Beleg
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2013, 05:27:22 pm »
+2
-I was a native player and known as a troll in the Turkish community back in 2010-2011.

How did you manage to erase your karluk history from your mind? Memories of those days still give me nightmares  :)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2013, 05:47:28 pm »
+1
How did you manage to erase your karluk history from your mind? Memories of those days still give me nightmares  :)

tbh its not worth mentioning as you know ;)

I mentioned it as "treason and stuff" in my Kapikulu Legend

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2013, 05:48:05 pm »
+1
Joined Templars somewhen during strat 1 after a RL friend of mine went there and asked me to join aswell. Once strat was gone i left the game for ~1 year and gave the game a try again after watching Last Samurai -> Templars did not approve of me using japanese gear  :mrgreen:, so i left them and played alone some weeks until muff recruited me to Mercs.
Went through MercA, became MercA trainer, leader, and got insanely bored of cprg this year when the weather became nice once again and basicly left it until tony managed to get me interested once again (some weeks ago^^)

ps. : What happened to my beloved eu4 or melee only server  :(

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2013, 06:50:52 pm »
Joined Templars somewhen during strat 1 after a RL friend of mine went there and asked me to join aswell. Once strat was gone i left the game for ~1 year and gave the game a try again after watching Last Samurai -> Templars did not approve of me using japanese gear  :mrgreen:, so i left them and played alone some weeks until muff recruited me to Mercs.
Went through MercA, became MercA trainer, leader, and got insanely bored of cprg this year when the weather became nice once again and basicly left it until tony managed to get me interested once again (some weeks ago^^)

ps. : What happened to my beloved eu4 or melee only server  :(

I can't remember how to access the melee only server is what happened.  :lol:

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2013, 11:11:06 pm »
I once tried to invade the ruskis in Inquisition but they wouldnt take me cause i wasn't ruski, fancied their banner
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2013, 01:38:57 am »
+3
Your family is dysfunctional. GF

No dysfunction, no conflict. No conflict, no drama. No drama, boring family.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2013, 03:58:34 am »
+6
Wanted to join RS, never got noticed.  Probably got thrown under the blanket statement "fuck archers."  In a blind rage I joined BRD instead.

It's funny because Kalam also admired those guys, and when they became CHAOS we worked so hard to try to suck up to our 'big brother' during strat 2.  To this day, it still doesn't feel like we've ever gotten along all that well.  Always that period of feel-good-feelies in the summer with Huey Newton, then once strat starts up it becomes cold war.
-idlewind