Author Topic: Nerf Kicks  (Read 8590 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf Kicks
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 07:49:22 pm »
ok
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 07:56:16 pm »
+1
Why not just make kicks like they are in native?

You're aware that the kicks in native allowed for you to kick again before the stun was complete?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 08:12:55 pm »
+3
Kicks got from barely used to pretty retarded over the last year
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 08:28:32 pm »
You are lucky Corsair, cmp would have moved to chamber of tears  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 09:36:33 pm »
You're aware that the kicks in native allowed for you to kick again before the stun was complete?
Kicks in native have the same cooldown they do in cRPG, unless things have changed in the last couple patches (I haven't played much recently).

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 09:46:57 pm »
it's obvious most people agree that kicks ruin gameplay for 1h shielders and make the 's-key kick spam' metagame far too easy for 2h / polearm players

we just need the devs to nerf them now :)

(when i say nerf them i'd like to reinforce i mean reduce the duration, the range, and the area of effect. If you have to give them back blocking whilst kicking to rebalance this, i could live with that personally, i'd imagine a lot of other people would be able to as well)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 09:57:02 pm »
it's obvious most people agree that kicks ruin gameplay for 1h shielders and make the 's-key kick spam' metagame far too easy for 2h / polearm players

we just need the devs to nerf them now :)

(when i say nerf them i'd like to reinforce i mean reduce the duration, the range, and the area of effect. If you have to give them back blocking whilst kicking to rebalance this, i could live with that personally, i'd imagine a lot of other people would be able to as well)

old kicks: almost no risk, decent reward
new kicks: some risk, huge reward

why not... Some risk, Some reward?

in other words... don't give them blocking back because that shit was just as retarded when people just constantly spam kicks while blocking. just take off the AoE on kicks and make the duration match the animation.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 10:01:42 pm »
+2
Kicks are fine as they are right now and the most recent changes were reasonable. Unless you got really unlucky you could still block and avoid getting hit whilst kicking.
As of now if you actually anticipate a kick you WILL get a free hit on someone. The increase in range is the logical trade off for that. It's high risk high reward (Please spare me your complaints about how you think it's low risk high reward just because you continuously run into everyone's kicks because that's something you can change yourself)

I'm trying to change myself, but when I see a kick miss, I can't help but try to capitalize and move in, even though my brain is telling me the invisobox is still there.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:33 pm »
cmp changed the kick with wse so it's his responsibility and only he can revise it. find a medium to talk to him about it.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 11:08:00 pm »
+1
cmp changed the kick with wse so it's his responsibility and only he can revise it. find a medium to talk to him about it.

is it even possible to contact cmp / chadz? o.O

i remember trying to contact them for ~~ 3 weeks when setting up the nations cup and eventually just giving up lol
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 11:19:44 pm »
is it even possible to contact cmp / chadz? o.O
They were both in IRC the last time I visited.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 11:19:52 pm »
+6
Why not just make kicks like they are in native?

Because blocking while kicking is retarded.

While the range and turn on the kick was weird at first (specifically getting hit while the kicker retracts his foot, even though that rarely gave them a free hit) , I definitely prefer them to the old kick. With decent anticipation at least 9 kicks out of 10 should be dodged, and now you can get a free hit in when they do. High risk and high reward, I like that. When you could kick and block you'd have players like Hearst in 70 body armour and a strength build with a greatsword kicking every time the cooldown was over and blocking everything with ease. Fighting players like that before the change with a 3-directional weapon or a weapon with a crap stab was a genuine pain in the ass. Not taking anything away from Hearst though, he's a good two-hander, he just abused the previously OP kicks because it was an easy way to get the multiplier.

I don't care if they nerf the AoE, how long it's active or the range of it to reduce the amount of tears, just please don't give back the blocking.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: YnScN
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2013, 11:24:33 pm »
+3
We need this!

(click to show/hide)

Offline adieumnode

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 06:13:23 am »
If all you (bad) 1handers didn't complain about kicks in the first place it wouldn't have been changed to these new kicks which admittedly are awful to play against as 1h, and have barely any use for yourself to use.

Just revert it back to how old kicks were, they were prettyy easy to counter to get free hits on people 1/2~ the time if you weren't trash so the new ones not having block isn't even that big a deal. With the new ones you can't even strafe a person at close range because they're gonna 360 spin kick you like something out of dragonball z.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 07:00:56 am »
+1
You're aware that you're talking nonsense?

Native kicks add another layer of depth to duels, forcing you to take footwork even more into consideration - and giving you another weapon.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.