Author Topic: Nerf Kicks  (Read 8551 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nerf Kicks
« on: September 29, 2013, 04:16:26 pm »
+31
Nerf their range (they outrange 1h)
Nerf their duration (they last longer than their animation)
Nerf their arc (oftentimes the foot does not hit but the kick lands)

I realise this thread has been made 50 times without any word at all from the devs, but hey, maybe this time will be the one :)

thanks, corsair
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf Kicks
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 04:22:52 pm »
Yes and yes only.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:28:03 pm »
+7
I grudgingly accept the range, but it ticks me off having to deal with invisible hitbox all the time.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:29:49 pm »
+2
Kicks are fine as they are right now and the most recent changes were reasonable. Unless you got really unlucky you could still block and avoid getting hit whilst kicking.
As of now if you actually anticipate a kick you WILL get a free hit on someone. The increase in range is the logical trade off for that. It's high risk high reward (Please spare me your complaints about how you think it's low risk high reward just because you continuously run into everyone's kicks because that's something you can change yourself)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 04:37:13 pm »
Can we have dropkicks? :(

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 04:41:43 pm »
+3
really a 1h/shielder class has never been stronger and yet you still arent satisfied and ask a nerf for one of the rare counters to your class. Shamefur Dispray!!  :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 06:01:23 pm »
The range and duration don't seem to be much different compared to before blocking was removed, but I have noticed that kicks now have this odd area-of-effect type of thing going where you can kick anyone that's in a ~45 degree cone in front of you. It's understandably frustrating to get 'kicked' when it looks like they missed, but I think it was a necessary change to compensate for not being able to block any more.

Also it's fun to be able to kick 2-3 tightly grouped people at once using my invisible octopus legs.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 06:03:17 pm »
+1
I don't mind the range or the duration, but I feel that the arc and the ability to turn after hitting your kick has dumbed down kicks and takes away the skill from it.

Negga used to be a kick machine, I was always amazed at the kicks he would land. Now even I can land kicks fairly easily against a close target, and I SUCK. Seriously kicking now includes training wheels.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »
Nerf their range (they outrange 1h)
Nerf their duration (they last longer than their animation)
Nerf their arc (oftentimes the foot does not hit but the kick lands)

I realise this thread has been made 50 times without any word at all from the devs, but hey, maybe this time will be the one :)

thanks, corsair

Now 51 times  :rolleyes:

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 07:00:28 pm »
+4
I believe the reason these threads always come up is the same reason people complain about 1h stabs, quite annoying and clearly broken in some manor(not completely, it just needs some tweaks), all 2h and pole classes have the same fighting style where they just engage and then backpedal, so you have no choice but to chase them and inevitably be kicked 3-4 times during your fight essentially ending your life with the skill-less kick, be honest with yourself kicking is on par with bump slashing, or hitting people who are knocked down.

They need to make the kicks time shorter(fix it somehow, idk) so that you stop running into kicks when they are already over, i hate when the leg is obviously retracting and you run into it and get stunned.  <--this is my complaint

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 07:10:41 pm »
+2
Have to agree with corsair. Melee as a onehander is all about avoiding the annyoing kick spam nowadays... Very boring/frustrating, especially if you are using a short weapon. Give kicks a ~10 second cooldown, reduce their area of effect and they will be fine.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 07:17:35 pm »
+9
Sometimes I kick someone, clearly missing my target, then the kick somehow still lands but I fail to make a free hit because I didn't expect it, oh irony...

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 07:26:16 pm »
Kicks are far too easy to abuse. You can turn your camera while kicking and it can hit anyone in a 90 degree radius in front of you, forget whether or not the foot connects to an enemy. The foot can be retracting, and still stun the target. I'm all for giving them a nerf. At the moment they just seem to exist for the benefit of S-key heroes.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 07:40:46 pm »
+2
Why not just make kicks like they are in native?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.