Poll

Shut the NA servers down?

Yes
73 (24.3%)
No
228 (75.7%)

Total Members Voted: 301

Author Topic: Message and Poll to NA  (Read 9584 times)

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
Message and Poll to NA
« on: May 13, 2011, 01:25:55 am »
Hello everyone,

Most of you know, and if you don't, you do now about how much i hate posting and reading forums. But apparently there is a situation that calls for it.

My name is Ecko and I run most of all the popular NA servers with the exception of a 1 or 2 that are no longer around or empty most of the time.

For clarification I do not host the servers nor do i pay for it all. I specifically have managed:

Gathering donations, setting rules, bringing quality custom maps(there were none before NA) to c-rpg, timely patch updates to the servers, creating events, and enforcing a mostly enjoyable environment to all players when possible.

I do nothing alone, its been a learning curve, and i have a great team that helps.

Since September, maybe October, not quite sure, it has cost 200 dollars a month to keep the servers alive. Since late December, early January Hospitaller Devilize has paid 100 dollars a month to manage one of the 5 servers now up.

It has been in the past and recently questioned how I run the servers. Though many of you have had problems with admins, its a long standing joke amongst the admins that i give many chances to get unbanned for those who might have been misjudged. Admins are not paid individuals, and though mistakes might be made, its much easier to correct a game admin problem and teach them how to make better calls in the future, than to remove their admin all together and give another random a shot.

I dislike the fact the servers are called ATS servers, there are over 20 game admins, not including file moderators, and head admins that greatly outnumber ATS.

I've tried making these servers community servers.

However, since the servers are mostly priavetly funded by hospitaller and ATS, I've maintained the right to refuse use to any asshat. PLEASE NOTE: I have hardly used that power available, recently Hospitaller Devilize has allowed it to happen.

Until the community starts donating more, I will always maintain the right of a server owner refusing game play. No donations given via the c-rpg.net site are shared with NA, and i'm fine with that.

To be frank, I'm quite tired of getting admins accusing me of running a failed server, particularly those who may or may not be able to cause trouble for me.

I'm going to ask this once, would the NA community like the servers to be shut down? If yes you're welcome to go play on the EU servers like before, or wait for clans like Acre or SoA to get a server going. Although i can almost guarantee you're not gonna find a better team then mine...

Special Thanks to the Following for helping me run the NA servers:

chadz
Garguro
Airith
Gorath
Gash
Devilize
Peppovitch
Grey
Nindur
Goretooth
Wookimonster
Shik
CtrlAltDelete
Canary
Sphinx
Aldryk
Damatacus
Lorn(yes you did help)
Arowaine(AS if french Canadians do anything right?)
Depaul
Dexxtaa
Gaga(who knew, an LLJK admin!)
Panderson
Mr.Rogers
Heroin
Native
Dr.Pepper
Dan
Nebun
Sharky

and the many more admins or file moderators that i've overlooked, to many to count.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:12:05 am by Ecko »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RobinHood

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Sigvard
Re: Message and Poll to NA
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:31:54 am »
So EU wants to take half of the mods populations out....

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:32:11 am »
Dumb question - of course we want the servers. Move on.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 01:33:37 am »
No.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Wiegraf_BRD

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • 我行我素
    • View Profile
    • 土豆網 > Google
  • Faction: Taiwanese and Chinese Army
  • Game nicks: Wretch. The_Mayor.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 01:34:03 am »
Shut them all down.  See you on the Chinese servers in July!
My response:  diet bro ur fat

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 01:35:07 am »
Shut them all down.  See you on the Chinese servers in July!

Maybe we should move Tunatown to China when you go?  Sounds like no one will be playing in NA anymore.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Vaynes

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Red Lotus
  • Game nicks: RL_Shogun_Yoshitsune, RL_Shogun_Yoritomo
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 01:35:30 am »
NO!

Offline gallemore

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: BGallemore
  • IRC nick: Gallemore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 01:37:22 am »
Wow dude you act like you are the only one who wants to run a server... How about you give us the privilege kind sir to run a few more servers of our own... Honestly best quote I've ever heard, "No one gives a shit." Guess what? I say shut them down, because you are asking for a pity party. I make all of my own maps and I could run two servers of my own without money from others. You are taking the donation money and acting like a child. You have had your time now give it up cause tons of others are looking to open servers. Also I say let's play on other servers like TunaTown, or the Blackrose Server, maybe.... even the new LLJK server.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:38:44 am by gallemore »

Offline Wiegraf_BRD

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • 我行我素
    • View Profile
    • 土豆網 > Google
  • Faction: Taiwanese and Chinese Army
  • Game nicks: Wretch. The_Mayor.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 01:38:34 am »
Maybe we should move Tunatown to China when you go?  Sounds like no one will be playing in NA anymore.

Yeah, i think you should.  Chinese admins wont troll you and the servers are ridiculously cheap there. 
My response:  diet bro ur fat

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 01:42:37 am »
Wow dude you act like you are the only one who wants to run a server... How about you give us the privilege kind sir to run a few more servers of our own... Honestly best quote I've ever heard, "No one gives a shit." Guess what? I say shut them down, because you are asking for a pity party. I make all of my own maps and I could run two servers of my own without money from others. You are taking the donation money and acting like a child. You have had your time now give it up cause tons of others are looking to open servers. Also I say let's play on other servers like TunaTown, or the Blackrose Server, maybe.... even the new LLJK server.

I don't want a pity party...i want people to let me run the servers. I don't control who gets their chance to run a server and who doesn't.

Offline LLJK_Fellblade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Voted best LARPer Calgary 2010
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Fellblade
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 01:45:08 am »
+1
DRAMA!

Offline BigBoss

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 01:45:37 am »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 01:45:52 am »
It has been in the past and recently questioned how I run the servers. Though many of you have had problems with admins, its a long standing joke amongst the admins that i give many chances to get unbanned for those who might have been misjudged. Admins are not paid individuals, and though mistakes might be made, its much easier to correct a game admin problem and teach them how to make better calls in the future, than to remove their admin all together and give another random a shot
I don't see any reason for people to not be given multiple chances or the ability to fight a ban. Because the admin system is as simple as it is, it's necessary that an admin's initial decision never becomes the final one. I think the "ATS"(excluding devilize's server) servers are ran exceptionally well and I would question anyone's ability to run them better, especially considering how many people play on the servers.

I should probably clarify that I still have issues with some things about the servers, but I have yet to see a pub, in any game, that was up to my standards.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:48:53 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 01:46:14 am »
It's funny because , if the NA servers are so bad, why the new servers, managed by different people, are always empty ? If people were really sick of the administration of the NA servers, they'd be playing on Acre or SoA server ...

Guess what , most of the servers starting in the afternoon are always 50+ more people , and in the evening have password because it's too crowded ...

Do you donate ? Oh so you're playing for free ... so you just complain .. way to go to help the community in any ways

Offline gallemore

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: BGallemore
  • IRC nick: Gallemore
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 01:46:29 am »
Ya I know you don't control it, but you take advantage of the fact that you have the most servers... and then you make bullshit forum threads like this one crying about how you "might" shut down the server.... stop fucking around and just do it already.