Author Topic: Golden Dawn, knights in shining armor.  (Read 5543 times)

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
Re: Golden Dawn, knights in shining armor.
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2013, 12:01:35 pm »
Good almighty deity. Let me try this one more time. Kafein did not ask you a question that he wanted an answer to. It was a rhetorical question.
Yeaaaah
all religious matters should be judged by not asking anybody who knows the shit.
just listen to your inner fears and prejudices and it will be fine.
why do judges even listen to anyone they know everything because they are judges.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2013, 12:02:59 pm »
+2
Yeaaaah
all religious matters should be judged by not asking anybody who knows the shit.
why do judges even listen to anyone they know everything because they are judges.
The straw man is strong in this one.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2013, 12:18:33 pm »
Why are you guys even talking about immigration?
The thread is about a bunch of dumb nazi murderers who can't even spell that word and about their leaders who manipulate them for money and power.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »
Yeaaaah
All religious matters should be judged by asking somebody who knows what they're talking about, unfortunately, the only fucking people who knows how they interpret are themselves, no fucking random douchebag can tell me how a book that has been written centuries ago (the bible or whatever) is meant to be interpreted, unless you wrote the shit you're no more of an expert on it than anyone else who has read it. It is beyond retarded and racist to go off and say "These religions are real religions, they're interpreted this way, and this is true because I asked some expert asshole.). If you look at your average Christian religion, and Mormonism, both of them tell you not to kill people, however, due to some random experts opinion Mormons are somehow less allowed to enter the army by their god, Catholicism is like the only Christian religion with an actual expert, and if you look at Catholicism there have even been a shitload of antipopes in previous centuries.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:56 pm »
+2
The thread is about a bunch of dumb nazi murderers who can't even spell that word and about their leaders who manipulate them for money and power.
Going off topic is fun
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2013, 12:20:43 pm »
The straw man is strong in this one.
It was meant to be ironic :oops:

But back to topic:
If the law guarantees the freedom of religion and the freedom to live according to your religion, who else should be asked about how to protect the religious requirements, bans and rules if not religious authorities.
So to me it is the only reasonable way to figure out the mentioned issue about the swimming courses to discuss it with muslim scolars and authorities.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2013, 12:23:29 pm »
+1
Well, I mean, I would talk about dumb nazi murderers but I'm disqualified from taking part in that discussion because you edited your favorite politician, Timo Soini, on my avatar's face.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2013, 12:26:14 pm »
Good almighty deity. Let me try this one more time. Kafein did not ask you a question that he wanted an answer to. It was a rhetorical question.
A rhetorical question is used in most times to provoke a reaction to the point made. I reacted in explaining the situation in my country given by the constitutional laws and to his point about the questionable relevance of religious authorities and how they in fact are relevant.

Please, if you wanna do the smart guy, do it properly and not by trying to come at me all cheap.

Well, I mean, I would talk about dumb nazi murderers but I'm disqualified from taking part in that discussion because you edited your favorite politician, Timo Soini, on my avatar's face.
I didn't know it was cmps doing and therefore I apologize. Tho most of the time you certainly sound like a fan boy of fat Timo.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2013, 12:27:25 pm »
A rhetorical question is used in most times to provoke a reaction to the point made. I reacted in explaining the situation in my country given by the constitutional laws and to his point about the questionable relevance of religious authorities and how they in fact are relevant.

Please, if you wanna do the smart guy, do it properly and not by trying to come at me all cheap.
You still don't get it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2013, 12:28:46 pm »
You still don't get it.
Maybe you re-read the full article about rhetorical questions and try again.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2013, 12:30:02 pm »
If the pope one day says that Catholicism is all about eating human flesh and praying to a guy named Zlisch every 3 minutes, should you be able to call yourself a catholic and support an antipope or whatever without eating human flesh and praying to me every 3 minutes?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2013, 12:32:21 pm »
+3
Maybe you re-read the full article about rhetorical questions and try again.
Sigh.

Okay, let me go quarter-speed for you.

Kafein, essentially, says this: "religious authorities shouldn't (in an ideal situation) be consulted and religion should be a strictly private matter and not grant any privileges."

No one is questioning German law. I'm certain Kafein knows why the judge asked religious leaders about it, but the point is that it shouldn't happen. Right now it does, because (certain, specified) religions are given special privileges on account of being recognized by the state.

I'm not sure if I can go any more 1+1=2 for you.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2013, 12:34:34 pm »
Sigh.

Kafein, essentially, says this: "religious authorities shouldn't (in an ideal situation) be consulted and religion should be a strictly private matter and not grant any privileges."

No one is questioning German law. I'm certain Kafein knows why the judge asked religious leaders about it, but the point is that it shouldn't happen. Right now it does, because (certain, specified) religions are given special privileges on account of being recognized by the state.

This is when the point still flies five miles over benkeis head and he starts talking about "Just because you seem to see the need to make a difference between a ballistics guy stating his expert opinion about a gun and some Islam expert stating his opinion about religious rules doesn't make you correct."

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2013, 12:38:45 pm »
All religious matters should be judged by asking somebody who knows what they're talking about, unfortunately, the only fucking people who knows how they interpret are themselves, no fucking random douchebag can tell me how a book that has been written centuries ago (the bible or whatever) is meant to be interpreted, unless you wrote the shit you're no more of an expert on it than anyone else who has read it. It is beyond retarded and racist to go off and say "These religions are real religions, they're interpreted this way, and this is true because I asked some expert asshole.). If you look at your average Christian religion, and Mormonism, both of them tell you not to kill people, however, due to some random experts opinion Mormons are somehow less allowed to enter the army by their god, Catholicism is like the only Christian religion with an actual expert, and if you look at Catholicism there have even been a shitload of antipopes in previous centuries.
Are you really that simple??
Have you ever considered aquiring knowledge about the circumstances under which something was written could enlighten the written content? Don't you think it can help your understanding of a text if you possibly understand the original language with some words transporting more than one meaning?
Don' you think knowing the laws and habits of the time something was written could explain certain acts or omissions described in a book?
If so you should work on your education.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2013, 12:45:59 pm »
Sigh.

Oww for fucks sake...

Nah, not gonna keep going like this. Alright, I am stupid, you are smart. Let's settle on this. I am unable to discuss, you're the king of the hill. Same goes for Zlisch, of course.

Have a nice day.