Author Topic: serieus question.  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: serieus question.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 10:42:29 am »
eta is never

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 10:45:41 am »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 11:14:09 am »
+2

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 11:19:51 am »
+1
The main villain here is Pierce damage and has been always.

The way pierce damage works, combined with "drag" from stab animations on pole/2h/1h and speed bonus you get too much damage. I don't mind 1hers having good stab animations but I mind being oneshotted to the face with 56 head armor, same with pole and lolstab.

I don't know how different damages work, don't know the engine at all but it would be lovely if there was a way to nerf pierce damage all together so the stabs lose some of their deadliness. I use MW Bamboo on my main and with only 5PS and 9 ath I deal shitloads of dmg, too much imo.

We have a new job for Tydeus: Nerf pierce (if possibru)!
Glad I have a good blunt damage stab on my iron staff.  8-)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 11:40:20 am »
+1
Tbh I find it refreshing to have 1 handers using all attack types depending on their situation or what they feel like. 1 hander range feels kind of ghosty to me though and I feel like my poles not really getting much reach now comparatively. Pole stab did get a bit of a buff but with swinging weapons I feel like I should be better off with 1hand and shield. 4 great attacks, cut got a good buff with randomness taken out from armour, good range, good stab, don't need to manual block, good speed, good feinting and constant anti ranged built in. 1 hand with shield is a really good and versatile class now. if I cared more about my performance than how much fun I have I'd be tempted to switch. shield gameplay just gets a bit boring for me.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:06:02 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 12:04:32 pm »
+1
1h is new 2h

The main villain here is Pierce damage and has been always.

The way pierce damage works, combined with "drag" from stab animations on pole/2h/1h and speed bonus you get too much damage. I don't mind 1hers having good stab animations but I mind being oneshotted to the face with 56 head armor, same with pole and lolstab.

I don't know how different damages work, don't know the engine at all but it would be lovely if there was a way to nerf pierce damage all together so the stabs lose some of their deadliness. I use MW Bamboo on my main and with only 5PS and 9 ath I deal shitloads of dmg, too much imo.

We have a new job for Tydeus: Nerf pierce (if possibru)!

some 1h deserve cut stab dmg
just look at the model

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:30:42 pm by Rebelyell »

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 12:18:01 pm »
+1
30 odd pierce on that stab is kind of nuts. Its like having 40 cut. Good range, good spam, works point blank
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 01:41:23 pm »
+2
since when are you using chamberblocks at all rufio? aren't you facehug-hold-hiltslashing the shit out of this game all the time  :mrgreen: - that shit can't be chambereblocked as well btw..

personally I find polearm stabs way easier to chamber than 2h lolstab, because there is no delay, you just need to be quick and the distance doesn't really matter.

Instead of nerfing the game again, I'd prefer if they would buff chamberblocking, increasing the time windows by 10% or something idk..

I think chamberblocking is a bad mechanic because it encourages spam, but I don't like the fact that polearm animations have to be blocked before being released by the attacker, that's just silly and effectively makes chamberblocking impossible because to chamberblock most polearms you actually have to start attacking before the polearm guy does. In other words, I don't like attacks that lack a sufficient number of animation frames to be visible between the moment they are released and the moment they can hit effectively. This includes all stabs plus polearm side swings. Also remove lower body polestun already.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 01:42:03 pm »
+1
lol stabs are weird, but atleast u have time to react to them, unlike current 1handed stabs and somepole arms where u dont need to lol. on a side note:  even 1handed heavy cav cant charge a 1hander straight on anymore.. the stab as been overbuffed .. period.

I can easily stab most lancers with nordic champion and 5 ath now...

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 02:12:32 pm »
+1
After using the thrusting 1h weapons I can say that the stab has gone from useless to OP. In fact I wonder if the high damage of the stab was made to compensate for the shittyness of the stab before the patch.
But now...come on. All I have to do is insta-stab a guy, move out of his reach and insta-stab again. It's too easy.
Hell, I can spam with it too. MW long espada has 100 speed. As I said in another topic I have never two shotted someone as fast as when I used the new 1h thrust. It can take a second.

So from my own experience 1h stab is OP now. There are too many benefits to it. Incredible speed, Very long reach, High damage output, and on top on that you can't get kicked when using a thrust.
My solution would be to either reduce the damage output or to modify the animation again.

PS: also fix the 2h and polearm hug stabs again. I love being able to facethrust people on duel with a MW danish and to have 30-2 K/D , but I know that's bullshit and should be fixed as well.

Thanks !
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 02:21:19 pm »
When 1h stab got buffed I thought it was a good thing and I still dont mind the animation buff itself. I have to agree though that a lot of times I get 1h stabbed I think to myself "the hell ! this thing hit me before he even stabed". However, I have a feeling that the real problem is just EU1,EU2 being laggy as hell in the last weeks, as reported in the technical problems section a few times now.

This is the reason I usually played on EU4 because I can guarantee you, the performance is way better there. No matter what ping you have, and I have average 20, EU1,EU2 seems simply too laggy to register animations fast enough, and it is probably the same situation in NA. Same for ranged, sometimes hitboxes are half a meter in front of the playermodel, sometimes half a meter behind.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 02:32:52 pm »
EU 4 smoother than EU1, you kidding?

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 02:36:41 pm »
+1
EU 4 smoother than EU1, you kidding?

When it was still there, by far. Maybe it was the lower playercount i dont know. I got a lot less animation bugs and "hit before animation plays" on EU 4 in general.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 02:38:05 pm »
All this stuff comparing 1h stab to 2h and saying its now the same is nonsense.

We all fight versus 1h and 2h stabs and while I find down blocking even agi spam 2h stabs fairly easy Im struggling with repeat 1h stabs. On 2h stab its seems like the stabber gets a bit of a stun delay after its blocked that doesnt exist for the 1h?

Im also finding the 1h stab with even a fairly short 1h outranges a longsword, could just be me cocking up but not sure.

But it is not equivalent to 2h stab and the poles with the silly fast stab generally have 2 attack directions, including a crappy overhead, and not 4 with the superfast left swing spam of a 1h.

I would'nt want this changed for a while because it may be able to be adjusted to and my alt will be 1h no shield next gen so I want to try it from other side but it seems a bit op currently.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 02:48:07 pm »
I you are going 2h stab against 1h stab you can't be outranged but 1h is much faster and thus you will be hit first if you are within reach of the 1h.

When it was still there, by far. Maybe it was the lower playercount i dont know. I got a lot less animation bugs and "hit before animation plays" on EU 4 in general.

Was for me always the opposite.