Author Topic: serieus question.  (Read 4141 times)

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
Re: serieus question.
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 02:51:57 pm »
Haven't you guys realised it yet? This game won't be balanced till all weapons, armours, horses, all other gear and builds are gone. Until then there will always be something that is better then something else in certain situations. If you can't live with that you should do something better with your life then playing crpg.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 02:54:03 pm »
+5
No matter what weapon or what class hits you , it's always your own fault. Why would I go to forum to complain that Awlpike insta-stabs it's been there for 2 years already shouldn't you have adapted already so far. After the first day of 1h stab buff I realised it has a good range now so I'm no longer assuming il always outreach it.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 03:02:39 pm »
Not convinced a short 2h will outrange the longer 1h with stab. Yeah a claymore will still outrange 1h which I like because the longsword was op anyway.

Im not complaining, I said I dont want it changed but it is different and more effective than before and to deny that is just bullshit. Wheher its a good or bad change time will tell.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 03:08:13 pm »
+3
A longsword stab will outrange any 1h stab, because 2h animation gives bigger reach bonus.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 03:10:18 pm »
No matter what weapon or what class hits you , it's always your own fault. Why would I go to forum to complain that Awlpike insta-stabs it's been there for 2 years already shouldn't you have adapted already so far. After the first day of 1h stab buff I realised it has a good range now so I'm no longer assuming il always outreach it.

thx for the advise, i guess il get used to it, youre such a smart guy. why didnt i think of this. thx again, man you really opened my eyes.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 03:18:12 pm »
+1
Why are you always bitching about other weapons besides 2h? Like wtf? Go crusade against 2h for once, jeez.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »
because i hardly play my main, i play the 1handed cav, 1handed xbower, and polearmer.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 03:52:09 pm »
I think chamberblocking is a bad mechanic because it encourages spam, but I don't like the fact that polearm animations have to be blocked before being released by the attacker, that's just silly and effectively makes chamberblocking impossible because to chamberblock most polearms you actually have to start attacking before the polearm guy does. In other words, I don't like attacks that lack a sufficient number of animation frames to be visible between the moment they are released and the moment they can hit effectively. This includes all stabs plus polearm side swings. Also remove lower body polestun already.

ehhh what, how could chamberblocking possibly encourage spam?! You wait for the opponent to attack you and then you counter it - its the exact opposite of spam..

and that you have to start attacking before the enemy to chamber might be ping related idk, I seriously dont have to start the chamberblock before the enemy starts his attack.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 03:57:46 pm »
+4
so when will they retweak this 1 handed stab?? im not even qqing or trolling, this is a concern, i play 1 handed alot, and that shit is clearly breaking the game. there used to be a time where all stabs were chamberable by skill, now only the 2handers remain, the 1handers have joined the polearms in their insta stabs, it like they hit before the animation hits you. silly implementiation imo, im all for a buff compared to how it was previously but current state is not improving the game imho.

wah 1h stab is now on par with the 2h stab....wahhhh

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 04:01:35 pm »
I really don't get what people who are complaining about 2h stab are talking about, it has been pretty weak since 2010 animation change.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 04:16:19 pm »
+3
1h stab isn't too much of a problem for me. Heck, I'm using a stabless 1h no shield just fine right now. Out of all the stab 1hs, only side sword is much of a threat without too many weaknesses. Side sword should probably go back to its original stats of 28c 28p and 100 speed, now that cut and stab are equally important. All the other stab 1hs are short or have weak cut damage. I don't think 1h stab is any easier than polearm or 2h stabs, they are all really good.

The other tweaked animations might be similar, but I feel that speeding up the 1h stab animation to match the sweetspot just makes it look really fast. If you're at a medium distance and the 1h releases a stab, the animation speeds up and hits you faster than you way before you would have thought. The animation sped up so that the sweetspot is near the middle at a similar timing of the old sweetspot, which results in a burst of range. I feel this way with the polearm overhead, too, since its speed is comparable to other animations but it just looks much faster. 1h stab does indeed glance up close and far away, although the shorter ones can look up/down to hit closer.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »
+3
I really don't get what people who are complaining about 2h stab are talking about, it has been pretty weak since 2010 animation change.

It can hit in the very beginning of the animation (lol stab), and it is still "active" after the thrust animation has stopped (after it's fully extended you can wiggle it into someone and cause full damage).  Now the 1h stab is pretty much the same.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 04:40:04 pm »
+2
thx for the advise, i guess il get used to it, youre such a smart guy. why didnt i think of this. thx again, man you really opened my eyes.
Mad cuz?

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »
+2
I saw Atas stabbing instead of left swinging. Ner.. adjust 1H stab.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 05:07:26 pm »
+9
You are implying that the 2h stab is different from the 1h/pole stabs. Newsflash, you can stab way early in the animation and after the animation with 2h as much as pole and 1h. I wish you good luck chambering a wiggled 2h stab, because the chamber window is completely different, depending in how you wiggle it.

Agreed, 1h and polearm stab are broken, but hardly much more than the 2h stab has always been. It's just a matter of being used to things. Now Tydeus equalized the pole and especially 1h stab with the 2h stab, but it should have been done the other way around. The 2h stab should have been made less derpy, because it has always been ridiculous. Although 1h stab has deserved a buff for long.