Author Topic: Rondel Dagger OP  (Read 6863 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Rondel Dagger OP
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2013, 01:37:51 pm »
+1
Sure some adjustment needs to be done, tbh I'm quite certain devs are also aware of this issue and will be fixed in the next patch, the real problem the patch won't come till December  2013! :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2013, 03:33:57 pm »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2013, 04:45:34 pm »
+1
Yes Son?

That would make Heksey ...

(click to show/hide)
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2013, 07:29:38 pm »
+2
It's a powerful weapon, but it has lots of downsides and people who use it are just as easy to kill as they are able to kill others.

I think most of the reason people have such success with this weapon is that their opponents are not used to its speed and attack methods (quick dart in and out, or rapid succession of crazy stabs) and they are caught off guard.

If it is truly OP, then more people will start using it, and then more people will get used to going up against it, and people will adapt their playstyles and stop underestimating it.

I don't think its very OP in its own right.

Sorry, you're clearly underestimating this community.
We're not so low as to use xbow and rondel builds, i'd rather play with my own build and with a 2h sword that doesn't have a thrust, for example.

It's not because one item is clearly underpriced for it's effectiveness that you'll see dozens of people using it (though i've seen indeed at least 5 new dedicated rondel people...), just as you didn't always see Polearms when there was polestun, or 2handers when it was the only one with an OP stab.

People like to play and have fun, only a minority have fun trolling people with annoying effective builds.

I'll never sink so low as to use an xbow or a rondel.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2013, 07:39:44 pm »
+1
I think I mispoke when I said the rondel is "powerful."  It would have been more accurate to say "effective."

I like having a wide variety of effective weapon types, builds, and playstyles in the game.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2013, 10:19:28 pm »
Ok Tojo, have a read at that and save yourself the trouble of babbling about "I could do this and that".

If ya do some research into what the rondel dagger was used for you will discover that it WAS used to kill HEAVILY armored targets. The way it was used was to use the extreme point on the rondel to wedge it in a crack in the armor. Examples being in the arm pit, neck, groin, or anywhere else that was exposed. Even fully plated knight used them to kill their plated enemies. With the daggers 4 direction mode I believe it has the pierce dmg because rondel daggers don't really have or need and edge. Just Imagine the character grips it in a stabbing motion. (or maybe get a patch that make it look that way)

That being said I see no reason why a peasant with a rondel dagger shouldn't be able to kill a tincan.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2013, 10:23:28 pm »
+1
Rondel is OP compared to other daggers and probably shouldn't be used with shield since you can't normally block with it. Stats-wise, the Scottish sword looks more appealing.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2013, 10:49:20 pm »
+6
Because of the idea of some fool using a rondel in actual melee combat, not just to finish off someone you're grappling with or who is lying on the ground. Because shield skill is based off agility so this 'peasant' is wearing a sock, but has a steel shield strapped to his left arm...

Justify the 4 directional pierce attack, fine, just give it to every other thrusting 1handed weapon then. Why not, i'm sure you can use them in the backhand just as well. There can't be one rule for the rondel, and one for everyone else, if we involve the possibility of different grips and 4 directions of pierce with 1 onehander, then it opens the question of why the others don't get it far more than if they just left it alone to begin with.

If we actually based the weapon attack directions off what you could do with them in real life then all 2directional polearms would have 4 directions, cos why not? I bet they could all be swung in combat situations. Also since we're on realism why do shields take agility to pick up when armour and weapons need strength? Why don't greatswords have crushthrough, or knockdown against foes who survive the swing, especially those in plate? Or maybe we could add a skill that allowed people to gain the extra attack directions and knockdown with all weapons... hmmm... that'd require a lot of strength in real life... let's base it off... agility! Game fixed.

At the risk of this devolving into a realism thread...I'd like to say that if a dude in cloth with a dagger charged a knight in plate in real life, he'd get cut in half by the knight (just like what usually happens in game).  However, if the cloth dude was fast enough, lucky enough, and/or skilled enough, he could rush the slower knight and stab him through the visor or in the neck (just like can happen in game).  This is ok.

However, you do have a point about the directional attacks.  Keep in mind, however, that the rondel can have either 1 direction or 3 directions, depending on the mode...not 4 directions.  I would not be upset if we added this ability to other daggers, or took it away from the rondel.

I think it should be added to other daggers so ppl can use them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:54:51 pm by Garison »

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2013, 04:33:54 pm »
was this with a shield or without?

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2013, 05:30:50 pm »
+2
Introduce a str requirement for Rondel, problem solved. Something like 9 or 12 maybe. Also buff the other daggers as you promised when Rondel was introduced.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2013, 02:41:11 am »
All I know is my lvl 33 3/36 character I built around using a rondel, (i.e. actually being able to still kill here and there) will be completely useless if its nerfed, and without a free respec ill probably just quit playing crpg altogether. Meh, there's some other good games out now anyway so go ahead and let the crybabies homogenize the game even more...
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2013, 04:04:38 am »
+2
if you take away my crappy toy I'm gonna be mad

welcome

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2013, 04:09:47 am »
welcome
It's late grumpy. Wat are you even doing on crpg forum at this time!?

Skyrim UI

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2013, 01:47:11 pm »
Rondel is OP compared to other daggers and probably shouldn't be used with shield since you can't normally block with it. Stats-wise, the Scottish sword looks more appealing.

Cost wise, the rondel dagger is OP.
People can litterally leech with it, since they use crappy armor "because" of their fighting style.
It has the best cost/effectiveness ratio ever.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Delson

• Earl
  • Renown: 418
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • NA or Any?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Delson
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2013, 02:30:43 pm »
Did you have a shield