Author Topic: Rondel Dagger OP  (Read 6856 times)

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
Re: Rondel Dagger OP
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2013, 09:46:26 pm »
or maybe make a new seggestion.... what about a cristopher street day event. make daggers small little dildos and give use some nice gay fashion clothing.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2013, 09:49:17 pm »
+4
Simon learn how to quote and edit your posts you fucking scrub...hopefully you get muted for your sins.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2013, 09:49:47 pm »
looks this boots good to that armour?  ........ No No theay make you look fat...... i like that ahlpike it has more length........ then a 2 hander..... oh man you are a bad boy..... i can not deal with 2 handers ......lets use daggers.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2013, 09:59:05 pm »
I think the counter for Rondel Dagger is just to go HA. That seems to solve most of our problems in melee.

On a serious not, the only thing you can do is wait for the guy to make a mistake. This means you have to *gasp* block, and attack when it makes sense, not just block and swing.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2013, 09:59:57 pm »
why stoping with this bullcrap nobody makes good suggeestions to fix the problem ether. just troling around. and driveing my arguments crazy our not reliable. a community where only the argument of a few guys counts..... This Simon is a trol dont listen to him..... and this crazy stuff what hes talking..... yeah so funny.

So dont listen to me when you want to let the mod die.

Message 2:

acally just block and swing is the only thing what you can do because chaseing will not work not even with horses :D

it feels so good to show you guys how stupid you are
Modify message

Message 3:

but lets just do something else and let this mod die.

Use the modify button! - Tenne
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:05:01 pm by Tennenoth »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2013, 10:14:56 pm »
lets get honest... we have to stop this gay relationship between you and me....this is not working out. because i am not gay. sorry for the hard feeling now. but you will find someone.   :lol:
You're waaaaaaay to in denial for me, sorry boy
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2013, 11:09:25 am »
+2
lets get honest... we have to stop this gay relationship between you and me....this is not working out. because i am not gay. sorry for the hard feeling now. but you will find someone.   :lol:

He's got me.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2013, 12:29:08 pm »
i really dont think people know what i am getting at, 17-7 with a build that consists of a build that get 1 shot by everything is so hard to pull off, for those people stating that 17-7 is not a good score for strudog, can literally go fuck themselves, i would like to see you get a better score than that with this build, its so difficult.

its the fact that 0 PS rondel dagger can do more damage than 7 PS anything else, whats the point in having strength when you can just be effective with agi, its ridiculous
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2013, 12:47:39 pm »
Stating a few things because a lot of people in this thread seems to be forgetting them:

1. rondel isn't 1-directional, it has an alternate mode that allows swings and overheads. This mode also does pierce damage (26 at +0)
2. rondel has the strongest 1h stab in the game at +3, with 34 pierce.
3. 13 shield skill makes your shield unbreakable.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2013, 03:59:44 pm »
+1
Let me quote myself:

I dont see a problem here. You didnt tell us how you got those kills and I assume you just stabbed people in the back of the head who were occupied with someone else. If so, ANY weapon can generate those stats. You make it sound like the rondel triumphs over greatswords, poleaxes and other top tier weapons, which I can easily prove to you is not the case with a 1 on 1 on EU3.

You still didnt tell us. You opened this thread because of the KD of 17 - 7 you achieved with this dagger. You admit yourself that you get oneshotted by pretty much anything and also you cant block and cant outreach people. Anyone who knows what he is doing will use a combo of holds and feints combined with backpeddal jumping to hit you before you are even in reach. Dont even get me started on ranged.

This leaves us with 2 options:
1. you killed unaware people from behind or people who didnt know what they were doing. - awareness/l2p issue
2. you killed people who got ganked and couldnt defend themselves.  - any weapon is good in such a situation.

Of course I understand your point, being that a 0 ps weapon should not deal so much damage but it seems you are trying to hide the fact that your build/weapon comes at the expense of reach, blocking and survivability. In the last days I got attacked from plenty of those agi daggers and barely lost any of those fights, even though I am an archer with low armor and low speed. When I got killed it was tony most of the time who sneaked up from behind but that is a problem with my awareness, not with the rondel.

Edit: Oh and I dont quite buy the 2 shotting in plate, not with full HP. Not with 0 ps.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:13:10 pm by XyNox »

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2013, 04:16:41 pm »
Let me quote myself:

You still didnt tell us. You opened this thread because of the KD of 17 - 7 you achieved with this dagger. You admit yourself that you get oneshotted by pretty much anything and also you cant block and cant outreach people. Anyone who knows what he is doing will use a combo of holds and feints combined with backpeddal jumping to hit you before you are even in reach. Dont even get me started on ranged.

This leaves us with 2 options:
1. you killed unaware people from behind or people who didnt know what they were doing. - awareness/l2p issue
2. you killed people who got ganked and couldnt defend themselves.  - any weapon is good in such a situation.

Of course I understand your point, being that a 0 ps weapon should not deal so much damage but it seems you are trying to hide the fact that your build/weapon comes at the expense of reach, blocking and survivability. In the last days I got attacked from plenty of those agi daggers and barely lost any of those fights, even though I am an archer with low armer and low speed. When I got killed it was tony most of the time who sneaked up from behind but that is a problem with my awareness, not with the rondel.

Edit: Oh and I dont quite buy the 2 shotting in plate, not with full HP. Not with 0 ps.

First of all you do not know how i played, it was on one of the smaller town maps thats has a very open areas, most of the time i found myself in 1v1 situations against 2h's, shielder the lot, and against some quite good players who know how to block. and have you tried this class?

You say the survivability the reach and blocking are all a fail with the build, please try the build first, all of these are not  needed when you can run in and out before the guy can react and swing his weapon, its OP, its not meant to be a main weapon and its deals fuck loads of damage for what its meant to be used for

This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2013, 04:34:59 pm »
First of all you do not know how i played, it was on one of the smaller town maps thats has a very open areas, most of the time i found myself in 1v1 situations against 2h's, shielder the lot, and against some quite good players who know how to block. and have you tried this class?

You say the survivability the reach and blocking are all a fail with the build, please try the build first, all of these are not  needed when you can run in and out before the guy can react and swing his weapon, its OP, its not meant to be a main weapon and its deals fuck loads of damage for what its meant to be used for

First of all, no, I didnt know how you played, which is why I asked the second time in the post above. Thank you for sharing now.

Second, I do play the class pretty much every time I drop my bow. When I do visit EU3 for dueling it is mostly because I want to have some dagger only fun with an alt. One of the main reasons I went with 1h wpf in many generations was so I can play dagger only and who knows, maybe I spent more time in total with daggers than you. The very reason I state that it is easy to counter is because I know exactly what your opponent has to do in order to give you a hard time, hard learned by a lot of trial and error.

I repeat myself, if you dont believe me, I invite you to a friendly sparring-match on EU3. Maybe I am wrong and you are so good with the rondel that I cant even defend myself with a glaive, which however would indeed surprise me.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2013, 07:54:06 pm »
XyNox, i don't think "how you played" is very much important in this cases.

The sole fact that you can rack up kills that easily with a 600 gold weapon is just wrong.
Very high athletics, means people don't bother chasing you, means you can easily attack people already engaged in melee, etc...
But what's incredible is the high damage output of such a weapon, if you needed 5 PS to be effective with it, no problem. But atm : BIG problem.

In battles, this weapon is just too good for it's price. Since you don't have an  opponent, and can pick off your future victims. Ofc, in a duel against a good reach weapon, it's very hard. But that's not how battle works.

And XyNox, glaive has an OP reach... that's some bullshit duel you're proposing...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2013, 08:10:38 pm »
+3
XyNox, i don't think "how you played" is very much important in this cases.

The sole fact that you can rack up kills that easily with a 600 gold weapon is just wrong.
Very high athletics, means people don't bother chasing you, means you can easily attack people already engaged in melee, etc...
But what's incredible is the high damage output of such a weapon, if you needed 5 PS to be effective with it, no problem. But atm : BIG problem.

In battles, this weapon is just too good for it's price. Since you don't have an  opponent, and can pick off your future victims. Ofc, in a duel against a good reach weapon, it's very hard. But that's not how battle works.

And XyNox, glaive has an OP reach... that's some bullshit duel you're proposing...
I once managed to get a 30-2 score with scythe which is also damn cheap. It counts as an example according to this thread. SCYTHE OP NERF

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2013, 12:13:34 pm »
+2
Also we should nerf Strawhats since those Guard-Archers kill many ppl while having them equipped.

Every weapon is OP when the user knows how to use em.

Stop crying.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)