Author Topic: Training lessons and broken promises  (Read 4587 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Training lessons and broken promises
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2013, 11:43:52 pm »
What are daily training lessons?

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 12:08:50 am »
What are daily training lessons?

Free respec - without loosing half of xp. You can buy it here: http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=marketplaceauction (not available currently, Le... sth from Dhirim sells them once a week).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2013, 12:28:37 am »
+1
Playing with nothing but a deli cap and a 1h, I make around 15k per usual evening play session, we're looking at a couple of hours of playtime. If you really want it, money does come by quite fast.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2013, 02:02:15 am »
Playing with nothing but a deli cap and a 1h, I make around 15k per usual evening play session, we're looking at a couple of hours of playtime. If you really want it, money does come by quite fast.

I recorded it the other day. Using a rondel dagger and the cheapest of armors(leather gloves, leather boots, khergit lady hat, steppe armor), I made 10k in 2 hours of play.

That means I'd have to play for 600 hours, basically naked, using a rondel dagger or less in order to make 3 million without selling loom points. Yes, that's too much. That's more play time than a full time job for 4 months.(45 hours a week)
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2013, 02:09:01 am »
you're looking to respec for a few wp points that you had put into crossbow? shut up

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2013, 02:27:47 am »
you're looking to respec for a few wp points that you had put into crossbow? shut up

The significance of what difference half of my WP being put into something I can't use isn't really the primary topic here. But I do see your point. lol

What I'm really after is a minor tweak to my character, rather than needing a complete respec. I just want to move 150 wpf.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2013, 02:32:31 am »
The significance of what difference half of my WP being put into something I can't use isn't really the primary topic here. But I do see your point. lol

What I'm really after is a minor tweak to my character, rather than needing a complete respec. I just want to move 150 wpf.

Why don't you just use langes messer or military sickle and keep your build?

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2013, 02:59:38 am »
Why don't you just use langes messer or military sickle and keep your build?

Because I have 3 masterworked 2 handers that aren't those 1 handers with a secondary mode. And I prefer to play melee anyhow.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 03:45:22 pm »
I used the "Retire" option to reorganise.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 06:52:23 pm »
Because I have 3 masterworked 2 handers that aren't those 1 handers with a secondary mode. And I prefer to play melee anyhow.
Bite the bullet and start trading , That 2.6m should buy you enough 2h/1h hybrid weapons :rolleyes:

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2013, 06:54:29 pm »
+1
It sucks to have your build made invalid, but items are a very liquid asset. A high level character can either sacrifice long hours spent and respec to a lower level or retire to change build. Items can be swapped at near-equal value for other items in a matter of hours if you are in a rush to change things.

Your class isn't the first to be changed and made "invalid" by item and stat changes. It probably won't be the last. Many players would rather change than stop playing CRPG altogether. Some people do leave the game over changes like this. Hope you aren't one of them.

Even keeping your current items, you could alternate between pure 2H for rounds or crossbow-focused with a 2H backup weapon (gasp, unloomed!). I'm not really picky about builds or items so I know you feel differently about the subject, but at least consider alternatives to waiting on the training lessons. You don't have to quit playing because you can't use a crossbow and 2H sword at the same time.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2013, 07:08:01 pm »
+2
It sucks to have your build made invalid, but items are a very liquid asset. A high level character can either sacrifice long hours spent and respec to a lower level or retire to change build. Items can be swapped at near-equal value for other items in a matter of hours if you are in a rush to change things.

Your class isn't the first to be changed and made "invalid" by item and stat changes. It probably won't be the last. Many players would rather change than stop playing CRPG altogether. Some people do leave the game over changes like this. Hope you aren't one of them.

Even keeping your current items, you could alternate between pure 2H for rounds or crossbow-focused with a 2H backup weapon (gasp, unloomed!). I'm not really picky about builds or items so I know you feel differently about the subject, but at least consider alternatives to waiting on the training lessons. You don't have to quit playing because you can't use a crossbow and 2H sword at the same time.

In your situation, I'd trade to own the following weapons:
+3 Hunting Crossbow
+3 Heavy Crossbow
+3 Bolts
+3 Mace, Langes Messer, Sickle, or Fighting Axe (I'd go axe, which is a good complement to a 2h sword on rounds you choose not to bring an x-bow)
+3 2-slot 2h sword of your choosing

Seems fun and versatile to me, as opposed to paying 3 mil for lessons just so you can get 1% faster swing speed on your 2h weapons.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2013, 07:25:13 pm »

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2013, 02:33:37 am »
Some people do leave the game over changes like this. Hope you aren't one of them.

This is sort of my point. Why make respecs so incredibly difficult to buy that people feel helpless in trying to fix their build, and eventually quit? It shouldn't be free, I agree. But it also shouldn't be so prohibitively expensive that people consider throwing away five hundred hours of playtime to avoid having to pay the cost of it.

I think you should easily be able to make what it costs to respec in the timespan of a single generation between selling a loom point and the gold you made for that gen. Anything over that price, in my opinion, is unreasonable of the devs. I also think it's unreasonable to come up with a ton of options for people who need a respec to "adapt" and piss on their invested time, instead of just appealing to the devs to implement a system that takes them very little time, and makes things more convenient and enjoyable for everyone.

P.S. 500 hours of playtime is what you throw away if you respec at 1/2 xp cost from level 36. And this is with the unrealistic assumption that you had a 5x all the way from 35 to 36. At 1x, it's like 2600 hours.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:49:01 pm by Heroin »