Author Topic: Training lessons and broken promises  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Training lessons and broken promises
« on: September 12, 2013, 02:21:27 am »
Ok, so a long time ago, when chadz made all crossbows 2 slots, it was stated that training lessons would be auctioned more frequently to drive down the price to a reasonable level. 3 million gold isn't reasonable.

As a two-hander, I wear the following:

Sarranid Keffiyeh Helm
Sarranid Cavalry Robe
Leather Gloves
Nomad Boots
2 hander (Longsword/Miaodao/Katana)

I think most people in the game would agree that this is on the light side of armor/gear in the game. 3 million gold is still WAY out of reach. For players who were level 33+ with 2h/xbow hybrid and heirloomed items for this build, it seems like they're being punished to have to spend 3 million on a respec just to get rid of their xbow proficiency that they can no longer use effectively. I'm sure the same case could be made for other builds that got shafted by various patches.

Why should someone have to part with 6-9 generations worth of their precious heirlooms just to fix a build that they themselves didn't break? Why create policies that make the entire crpg experience less fun for the community? The only reason anyone else is arguing against this, ever, is out of malice. The only people arguing it are either closet or open sadists.

In other words, why u so mean, chadz?

P.S. I think having a daily training lesson auction would be a good first step towards making the game more enjoyable for everyone. I know that I, personally, have been playing much less while waiting patiently for my chance to buy a respec. If others are/have done the same, it's contributing to the decline of the game, which is never good. Fix it before it's too late! More respec's CAN'T hurt, it can only help.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: Training lessons and broken promises
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:33:30 am »
+10
Just retire you gay baby.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:49:14 am »
+3
Just retire you gay baby.

Do you really spend that much time on the forums, that you see every post I make and troll it, or do you just look for my specific threads? Either way, you've got a lot of time on your hands. I don't know whether to envy you or pity you.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:55:32 am »
+1
It's a bummer, and it would be nice to have the auctions pop up more frequent. At least Hunting Crossbow is still pretty beastly +3 with +3 Steel Bolts; that's what Riran switched his loadout to after the change.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:10:41 am »
+4
It's a bummer, and it would be nice to have the auctions pop up more frequent. At least Hunting Crossbow is still pretty beastly +3 with +3 Steel Bolts; that's what Riran switched his loadout to after the change.

Yeah, doesn't help my +3 xbow, +3 arb, +3 steel bolts, +3 longsword, +3 katana, +3 miaodao.....That's like 18 generations of looms that were made incompatible. And now I have to pay 3+ million to NOT be able to use them together.

lol, all I can do is laugh and shake my head at the poor decision-making that has happened over and over again. The entire mod is riding on the coat tails of two amazing ideas made over 3 years ago, followed by poor decisions one after another. Proof that one good idea can get you pretty far. But if things continue this way, we're going to see exactly how far that one good idea can take you without supporting good policies.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 03:59:32 am »
+2
I was lance cav and it got nerfed twice in two weeks, but I didn't make a crybaby thread about it.  I retired, bought some other shit with my loompoint and kept playing.

Grab a hunting crossbow, which you can easily trade for, though at a slight loss.

This is CRPG, you will get nerfed.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 05:09:38 am »
+3
The competition to get it is annoying. You know you're screwing someone else over / feel terrible while waiting months to get it since a week is a pretty long time for another one. The demand is so high that there are increasingly more people who want it than there are people getting it week after week.

Offline mokuchin

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GoW
  • Game nicks: mokuchin
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 05:34:03 am »
if the price of training lessons is over around 2.75m, I will consider it's not reasonable and I won't buy it.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 07:44:53 am »
Ok, so a long time ago, when chadz made all crossbows 2 slots, it was stated that training lessons would be auctioned more frequently

I want to remind you that initially training lessons were once a month and now they're once a week. Seems like "more frequently", but what do I know... Also in one gen of playing with cheap (but not necessarily crappy) gear you can earn up to 400 k gold. Play 2 gens, retire 2 times and you have around 1.5 mln gold.

if the price of training lessons is over around 2.75m, I will consider it's not reasonable and I won't buy it.

Price below 3 mln is okay according to me. If you want to get lessons you have to sacrifice sth, items or your time, grinding on the servers or scamming ppl on the market (that's what I did when I wanted to buy lessons  :P).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 10:10:04 am »
+1
Create clan and then tell your clanmate that you need some money - problem solved  :D  or just sell 1 or 2 masterwork/lordly items and make 1 or 2 looms by cheap alt plus your savings and you have enough money. Stop QQ - wate of time - chadz will never help you in grinding  :P

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 10:28:40 am »
+4
you just got 2.65 mil from selling 3 loompoints, and you are complaining about this?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 01:16:37 pm »
Yeah, doesn't help my +3 xbow, +3 arb, +3 steel bolts, +3 longsword, +3 katana, +3 miaodao.....That's like 18 generations of looms that were made incompatible. And now I have to pay 3+ million to NOT be able to use them together.

lol, all I can do is laugh and shake my head at the poor decision-making that has happened over and over again. The entire mod is riding on the coat tails of two amazing ideas made over 3 years ago, followed by poor decisions one after another. Proof that one good idea can get you pretty far. But if things continue this way, we're going to see exactly how far that one good idea can take you without supporting good policies.

Because xbow, 2 hander and medium armour was a totally legit playstyle? Xbows are still the worst implemented things in the game. Just trade your 2 handers for the new lolstabbing 1 handers and not much has changed. Or use the Hunting spambow, its actually quite good

Training lessons might be put out more frequently, but the issues they changed that led to you wanting one were not bad decisions, and you can always trade your gear and carry on
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 01:17:40 pm »
+1
I wouldn't mind respeccing my 32 lvl main to an Archer. Not gonna pay 3 mil though, I fully support daily Training Lessons.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 01:30:16 pm »
+1
devs need hold caracters on mid levels like 30-32 and they need a gold flow so no dailly training lessons for u  :twisted:

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 01:34:10 pm »
+9
The whole point of the respec auction is to get money out of the system.

Right now what we have is a very large amount of gold going out of the system infrequently (3+ mil going out once a week) which is really inefficient. It impacts the one person that lost all the gold, but it also impacts all the traders that are hoarding their gold until they can get their respec, which may be months. I normally would be on the auction house a lot, but since i am saving for a respec, i have bought and sold very little in the last few months on the off chance i'll be able to afford a respec and need the fluid cash.

A better system would be to have a flat fee respec that would take smaller(but still large) amounts of gold out more frequently. Set the price around 1.5 - 2 mil and you would have a sudden huge loss of gold from the economy from everyone who has been trying to get one and failed, and everyone that will need one later on. This will help new players because now with less gold, looms become more valuable again since a large pool of gold has just been removed from the playerbase.