Author Topic: Training lessons and broken promises  (Read 5028 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Training lessons and broken promises
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 01:54:13 pm »
Add very expensive unique looking loomed items to the shop and some guys will want them, even if they are identical in function to normal items. This would be a pretty good gold sync imo. Could even have a 1 per 6 month unique item, put it on auction and watch the gold disappear from the economy. Golden Donkey or something. Someone will buy it
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 02:30:59 pm »
+1
Add a poisonous rondel to the auction for a month. I would bet it would go past 10 million
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 02:58:54 pm »
+2
you just got 2.65 mil from selling 3 loompoints, and you are complaining about this?

First, I didn't sell 3 loompoints. I hosted an event to raise money. And yes, I raised about 2.6 million to go towards a respec. I still can't afford one, even with that money. That's the problem. If they introduced daily respecs, it wouldn't hurt any of you arguing against it. It would only help the enjoyment of the game for those who need them, and might even bring some people back who'd been drifting away.

And if they brought in daily training lessons, prices would still be fairly high for a good while(taking a larger burst of gold out of the economy), then would probably stabilize around 500k per auction, which I think is reasonable based on what someone can get in a generation or two of naked dagger games. And 500k daily is 3.5 million weekly out of the economy. This still takes the same amount of money out of the economy, but is actually helpful to the players playing the game who need the respecs.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 03:35:22 pm »
+2
Everyone respecing to the build du jour would actually hurt everyone and take depth out of the game.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 03:49:52 pm »
+3
You do realise that :

1) Respecs are essentially a bad thing that has to remain rare otherwise the game will pretty soon be stuck with everybody at level 35 never retiring ever again (it's not like this has already be happening for quite a long time anyway)
2) People collectively hoarding gold to buy respecs actually drive prices down much more than just one person buying it. It drastically reduces the liquidity available to the market.
3) Introducing respecs now would be a dagger in the back of people that wanted respecs for previous patches and never got them. Now that it's your class being nerfed or your items having different slots/difficulty shouldn't change anything.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:17:31 pm by Kafein »

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 04:07:44 pm »
If they introduced daily respecs, it wouldn't hurt any of you arguing against it.

The main issue I can see is it's affect on strat. If the price gets too low, the people who can currently afford the 3mil (there must be quite a few to keep upping the bid every week) would be able to respec for any battle.

So either the amount of auctions has to be dictated by the going price of the previous one (eg over 1.5 mil ad there are two auctions instead of 1, over 2 mil there are 3 auctions and over 3mil and there are 4 auctions) or you would have to have multiple auctions for the same day (eg 4 autions up for a week all ending on the same day).

Good luck with getting your respec!

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 04:22:10 pm »
i'm afraid we've reached a point where the mod isn't dead, but the development is

a point most games reach unfortunately

I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 04:34:22 pm »
This will help new players because now with less gold, looms become more valuable again since a large pool of gold has just been removed from the playerbase.

If anything, with less money floating around loom and loom point prices will drop to accommodate the lower gold supply.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 04:36:46 pm »
3) Introducing respecs now would be a dagger in the back of people that wanted respecs for previous patches and never got them. Now that it's your class being nerfed or your items having different slots/difficulty shouldn't change anything.

But that would mean that any further changes would also have this effect to at least some portion of the player population (archer looms, for example, lost a lot of value since the last patch). Doesn't mean that change should stop.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »
+1
I think the bigger issue is that the game is still in beta.  When they make large changes to the way the game works (i.e. changing slots on items, drastically changing values of items, changing requirements to equip items, etc) they should either allow people to respec, or reset everyone's characters to scratch (but you keep your gold/equipment). 

There's been a lot of good game mechanic changes, and I think that increasing the riding requirement on horses was good, as well as making crossbows 2 slots instead of 1.  But it really did fuck over quite a lot of people who were "finished" retiring, and even caused people to quit the game due to their builds/equipment being no longer useable. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 05:33:58 pm »
I think the bigger issue is that the game mod is still in beta. 

This mod will always be in beta, what's your point? Or were you reffering to Warband which is not in beta obv.

They can't change anything drastically due to limitations of the engine, that's why we have you know what, wink wink.

The mod won't last in current format more than a year form now for obvious reasons, so let the people enjoy while it lasts. Kad je bal nek je maskenbal!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 05:50:46 pm »
I want to remind you that initially training lessons were once a month and now they're once a week. Seems like "more frequently", but what do I know... Also in one gen of playing with cheap (but not necessarily crappy) gear you can earn up to 400 k gold. Play 2 gens, retire 2 times and you have around 1.5 mln gold.

Great math skills.... seriously, A+ for you.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

caused people to quit the game due to their builds/equipment being no longer useable. 

sorry, but if you are level 35 and your build is a 2h hybrid... your build is still probably the most OP build around, and quite usable. You don't need much xbow wpf to effectively use an xbow, and anyone who uses a 2hander as opposed to a 1hander and xbow clearly prioritizes melee anyways. sure it would suck to lose "half of your build" but in reality xbows require such little investment (wpf barely affects melee weps anyways) that anyone who is 2h/xbow is barely even a hybrid in my book. and if you have got some +3s sitting around.. sell em. simple enough fix.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:55:37 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Eddy

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OotQ
  • Game nicks: Eddy
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »
+5
Great math skills.... seriously, A+ for you.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Ever heard of the word "logic"?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 05:57:42 pm »
Ever heard of the word "logic"?
(click to show/hide)

Well yeah, but that requires the selling of loompoints. Talking strictly about making money at no loss (other than no more heavy armor), he was way off in his estimate. The OP clearly doesn't want to sell any looms, otherwise he could sell his useless +3s and instantly get training lessons.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 06:23:54 pm »
Falka is right.  Kind of.  In your first gen you will make about 400k since you don't pay repairs until 26.  Next gen you'll make ~200k depending on your gear obviously.

Also, this game (actually mod) will always be in beta.  Since donkey crew can never get paid for this game, they have no reason to say its a finished product when they can hide behind the beta label to cover up their incompetences and other issues.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄