Author Topic: Horsemy old friendchery  (Read 9587 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Horsemy old friendchery
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2013, 11:15:32 pm »
+1
"Tactics" and "teamwork".

Is huddling up in a creek somewhere doing nothing for four minutes because there's literary nothing you can do against the bullshit that is horseranged as melee "tactics" to you?

Yes.

Your logic is flawless. OK, we all will "adapt" by hiding behind a wall so YOU can play the way you want and roam freely. Deal!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:19:18 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline elvandin

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elvandin, Shadowmysty
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2013, 04:08:49 am »
+2
I believe the horse archer class is balanced, perhaps a bit underpowered. I am mostly satisfied with this mod in general. the only thing that bothers me is /light cavalry < archers/. against any decent archer who is aware of you, they can just dodge about and circle around your horse and put it down in a few shots. when playing as cavalry, my base instinct is to think I should go after archers, but really that is pointless and almost guarantees the death of my horse. when playing as light cavalry foot archers are the second most dangerous class to attempt to fight, right behind horse archers.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2013, 06:48:58 am »
I believe the horse archer class is balanced, perhaps a bit underpowered. I am mostly satisfied with this mod in general. the only thing that bothers me is /light cavalry < archers/. against any decent archer who is aware of you, they can just dodge about and circle around your horse and put it down in a few shots. when playing as cavalry, my base instinct is to think I should go after archers, but really that is pointless and almost guarantees the death of my horse. when playing as light cavalry foot archers are the second most dangerous class to attempt to fight, right behind horse archers.

Wut? Archers are so easy to bumpslash it isn't even worth a joke about it.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2013, 06:52:07 am »
Well, foot archers do eat light melee cav on 1vs1 with range, as they should. The problem is if the rider has a shield.

Offline elvandin

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elvandin, Shadowmysty
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2013, 11:22:40 pm »
a good archer who is aware of you is not easy to bump slash whatsoever. they will be working as hard as they can to circle around and prevent being bumped while taking a total of 4 seconds to kill your horse.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2013, 12:16:03 am »
a good archer who is aware of you is not easy to bump slash whatsoever. they will be working as hard as they can to circle around and prevent being bumped while taking a total of 4 seconds to kill your horse.

You're going to dodge cav while circling while drawing their bow? The very instant you start drawing your speed goes into the toilet.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2013, 12:42:20 am »

You're going to dodge cav while circling while drawing their bow? The very instant you start drawing your speed goes into the toilet.

By drawing you force the cav to go faster and avoid letting you shoot, which tremendously reduces his ability to turn. He also only has one go unless you are completely alone and crippingly slow.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2013, 12:53:32 am »
+1
While they're not overpowered, they make the rounds more boring and tedious (depending on the map). It's not the class itself that's the problem, but more often than not they seem to end up in the same team. A class balance that focuses on horse ranged would be a nice thing, for sure.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2013, 01:04:09 am »
+1
Make foot archers oneshot HA's 100%.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Amatsuka

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2013, 01:38:20 am »
+2
HA is harder than HX, but has more potential.  Both HA and HX are very fragile and require a lot of creative mobility or ground range will eat them alive.  Anyone who complains about HA/HX is basically just sore they got killed without being able to hit the target.  Most throwers will tell you that cavalry is hilariously easy/fun to fight as a thrower because of how fast and easy throwing weapons take down cav.  Other range works the same way, but archers/crossbowmen have a harder time appreciating it because of how long it takes them to fire.

The only way to really combat the fragility of HA is to ride an armored horse, but that's a patently bad idea due to loss of mobility and expense.  The mobility of the horse is especially important because HA usually wear little to no armor.  You can kill me, for example, with 1-3 throwing daggers.

Also, I carry 96 arrows, not 60.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:25 am »
+1
A class balance that focuses on horse ranged would be a nice thing, for sure.

Just class balance in general needs to be done. On low pop servers 1 class always has all the cav or 2h strength crutching heroes and the other is all peasants!

Offline Amatsuka

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2013, 04:15:16 am »
Just class balance in general needs to be done. On low pop servers 1 class always has all the cav or 2h strength crutching heroes and the other is all peasants!

Working as intended.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2013, 11:38:50 am »
+3
Your logic is flawless. OK, we all will "adapt" by hiding behind a wall so YOU can play the way you want and roam freely. Deal!

Im glad its settled then! :D
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2013, 10:14:22 pm »

And that is the dev team's motto in a nutshell.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2013, 02:00:07 pm »
My main issue with HA is the amount of detication it takes in your build , I had 0 ath or 0 ps and 0 melee WPP. And unless lvl 34 you can't get them properly without being extremely weak with your bow. So ofcourse I'm not going anywhere near a melee fight .