Author Topic: My Portfolio  (Read 775 times)

Offline Mushy

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • For the Tea!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MUSCHI
Re: My Portfolio
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 10:27:52 pm »
 can honestly say I haven't! Will give it a go, thanks :)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 05:10:03 am »
+1
The scenery and lighting effects look great man... the only criticism I have is that some of the proportions on your human figures can be a little skewed, most notable in 'The Warlord' picture.  I personally like the blurriness since it leaves more up to the viewer's imagination... helping them see what they want to see in the concept.

I've always wanted to get into digital art, especially the 'concept art' kind of style.  The only thing holding me back is the price of a decent tablet and the software.

So just wondering...

What type of tablet / touch input device do you use?
What software do you use?
Finally, any suggestions for youtube tutorials to learn how to draw in this style?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Mushy

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • For the Tea!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MUSCHI
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 01:00:32 pm »
+2
The scenery and lighting effects look great man... the only criticism I have is that some of the proportions on your human figures can be a little skewed, most notable in 'The Warlord' picture.  I personally like the blurriness since it leaves more up to the viewer's imagination... helping them see what they want to see in the concept.

I've always wanted to get into digital art, especially the 'concept art' kind of style.  The only thing holding me back is the price of a decent tablet and the software.

So just wondering...

What type of tablet / touch input device do you use?
What software do you use?
Finally, any suggestions for youtube tutorials to learn how to draw in this style?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

I recently got a wacom intuos5 pen tablet, which is fairly pricey but before I was using a wacom bamboo pen and touch, which was my first tablet. It's ideal for beginners, cheap and does the job pretty well. I use photoshop, completely legal of course;) If you can't get it there are alternatives, such as coral painter, gimp etc. I don't tend to use a lot of other softwares.

A good set of videos I've been working through are from a guy called Feng Zhu, who is one of the worlds leading concept artists. He has over 100 videos on youtube, each one he talks about different parts of digital art, painting techniques, lighting, perspective etc. they are very useful! Just go through them one by one, and you will learn a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL - his channel, good luck!