Author Topic: why do native players hate crpg?  (Read 16269 times)

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
Re: why do native players hate crpg?
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2013, 09:02:07 am »
+1
Funny, anytime I tried Native duelling for a prolonged period of time and met the native pro's I'd win like a fifth of my duels against them. It's of course pub duelling and they might not be trying that hard, but I am always surprised at how much mistakes they make, of course much less than I do, but mistakes nonetheless which in Native could mean instant defeat.
What do you mean with Native pro's?
Tell me names, I'm pretty active in Native myself. I can propably tell you if you're right or not.
Huehue

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2013, 09:09:51 am »
+7
Funny, anytime I tried Native duelling for a prolonged period of time and met the native pro's I'd win like a fifth of my duels against them. It's of course pub duelling and they might not be trying that hard, but I am always surprised at how much mistakes they make, of course much less than I do, but mistakes nonetheless which in Native could mean instant defeat.

wow

such skill
  wow
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2013, 09:18:09 am »
+2
I agree, that Native is generally easier than cRPG.
It's because all the newcomers start off in Native and immediately hop on MP.
In crpg, there's fewer servers and everything gets mixed up on like 5 servers. The newbies join cRPG, after they already played Native for a bit of time.
So they know at least some of the mechanics.
If you guys would join a server like IG_Battlegrounds, The_Ludus or Ndition's, you'll find out how hard Native can be.
I got Muffin to play a bit with me on IG_BG and it wasn't easy at all for him to actually achieve something.
We all know, that Muffin is good at any class in cRPG but in Native, he looked kinda lost to me.
Some equipment, which seems rather useless to you in cRPG, might be one of the best in Native.
It's just so different.

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2013, 10:05:25 am »
What do you mean with Native pro's?
Tell me names, I'm pretty active in Native myself. I can propably tell you if you're right or not.
Huehue

this!
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2013, 10:40:44 am »
Oh, this shit again. :D
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2013, 12:51:28 pm »
Yeah what about it ? It's not considerably better than a glaive or a longsword or a long axe.

Arguing with you is like arguing with people that will say something like this out of nowhere because they don't have any argument to make and are not willing to talk about the points the opposition makes because those are actually correct.
I...
What?
I have acknowledged your questions, holy fucking shit I also have answered them. Are you just trying to distil shit where it doesn't need to be distilled?

Overwhelming majority of the top duelists use GS with almost no exceptions like Rhade and the rest of BkS and such. In those "yearly tournies" for native, who is at the top? Big-o-two-handed lol-mechanic swords.
yeah that's true.
I can't deny that. But I can't just say it's all Greatswords.
The Nditions Tournament a few years back. M vs Morii. They used Bastard Swords.
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2013, 12:52:56 pm »
+1
It is definitely easier in native to get a good score I think, but if I play native I dont gain any xp on my chars... same reason why I hardly play STF at all. Its just a waste of xp.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2013, 01:43:25 pm »
How do you measure the average skill? When is somebody average? Why are we discussing Native on cRPG forum?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2013, 01:59:30 pm »
Also it doenst matter how much armor you have. Call someone a STR crutch or armor crutch in this mod, and say that is all of the reason people do good. But if you cant block and cant fight for shit, then all that armor wont help you for shit. If you suck, you suck, doesnt matter what mod its in. Youre still a pleb  :P

This is true to an extent Tom- if you're not very good with blocks and so on armor and HP won't help you- but if you're good then they will quite a bit. That's why good players who choose to roll STR + Heavy Armor are fucking assholes, lol (Sauce and Rhaelys for example, jerks).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2013, 02:04:11 pm »
+1
i feel some of you guys are still missing the point we're trying to make

--the best native players don't play so much pub they mostly play clan wars--

if you go onto a public server you're likely to encounter more noobs than pros (because when a new guy first plays the game he plays native)

however, if you go into the whole clan scene (which is what native is all about), you will see some very very good players

i think this rather sums it up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYPCFfbhZM&feature=player_detailpage#t=249
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:09:55 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2013, 02:07:47 pm »
"Very very good" by which standard.

First off should be determined if Native and cRPG are even comparable?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2013, 02:15:42 pm »
+1
"Very very good" by which standard.

First off should be determined if Native and cRPG are even comparable?

ok, fine, i'll explain it

'skill' in crpg/native comes down to ability to defend, attack, movement, awareness and ability to work in a team, all to varying levels

defend - is easier in cRPG because the weapons are much much slower and you have a long time to block; as well as having a lot more HP + armour
attack - is easier in cRPG because the weapons are slower and much bigger (making it easier to hit), meaning much more of your successful attacks in cRPG are spams and not feints (spam which is heavily luck reliant)
movement - you have to worry a lot lot lot less about archers and cavalry in cRPG, because whilst cavalry are still a bit of a fighting force for different reasons than they are in native, archers in cRPG are just a joke; also, the longer weapon reach means you have to think much less about being in position in melee as you can hit someone from the other side of the melee
awareness - reduced need because you have a lot more hp / armour, as well as the important fact that the archers are very weak so you don't need to watch out for them anywhere near as much
ability to work in a team - locking down a group of archers in a clan match on native takes a lot of coordination and teamwork; by contrast people go 30-0 on cRPG using a 2h

The point is though that someone's ability to duel, or even to kill the guy in front of you, which many cRPG players consider the most important skill, is just nowhere near as important in native; awareness of what's going on and an ability to work in a team is vastly more important.

cRPG is just a lot more lax in terms of skills required to play the game well; the game is easier at a high level. That does not mean it isn't fun in a public setting! Just that a competitive setting would not work
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:23:06 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2013, 02:42:37 pm »
+1
Native is a lot about ranged (2 nord cavalry dropping 8 free sets of javs, vaegir archer spam etc.), waiting for flag (why be bored while playing? :P) and backstabbing (you'll probably get better awareness if you play some native clan battles), which is quite boring parts of the game, imo. cRPG is being improved at a much higher rate than native as well, and the pub is definitely more fun. Leaving the native scene for cRPG was a wise decision.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2013, 02:45:57 pm »
You can easily see who is native "hero" and who is not.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2013, 02:53:07 pm »
yeah uh i laughed pretty hard at that bit.
the average native dueler is ten times better than the average cRPG dueler.
It's just how it works. The native competitive scene is much more alive and kicking compared to cRPG's stagnating cess pit of "clan battles".
cRPG isn't a balanced game. Not in the slightest. That's okay though, with so much variety, there must be a price to pay, and that is balance. This makes it a much, much more fun pubby game, but an absolute shit competitive game. While you may say that it's the other way around for Native.
I personally like dueling on Native. Compared to cRPG, it's much more challenging and it takes much more skill. Say what you will, but cRPG's dueling is a hugbox.

Also one day I will beat Scratch. One day ;_;

You're right, pin point accurate, speed of light arrows shooting across a whole random plains or steppe map and able to hit my horse (the fastest one in the game) a majority of the time is balanced.  Good call.

The only time you're safe on a horse is if you're behind a hill, or the archers have another target they are aiming for.

crpg is far superior to native, we actually have people trying to improve the game.  Native is basically the same as it was 4 years ago. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy