Author Topic: why do native players hate crpg?  (Read 16273 times)

Offline Ellie

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • It's a traaaaaap
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DLB
  • Game nicks: DLB_Ellie, Ellietrap, Ellie_Rocks_Your_World
  • IRC nick: Ellietrap
Re: why do native players hate crpg?
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2013, 07:44:11 am »
Fixed for you m8.

Also it doenst matter how much armor you have. Call someone a STR crutch or armor crutch in this mod, and say that is all of the reason people do good. But if you cant block and cant fight for shit, then all that armor wont help you for shit. If you suck, you suck, doesnt matter what mod its in. Youre still a pleb  :P

This is true. I can't block for shit, so when i armour up i'm just a slow target to be knocked around until death.
Nerf everything. Buff naked fist fights.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2013, 08:19:55 am »
The average crpg player is ten times better than the average native player

Alright, for this 'ten times better' thing we have going on here, it should be obvious that Crpg players are better than Native players (to a point anyway). Let's consider New_Player. New_Player just bought Warband and loaded it up for the first time. He probably doesn't know much about Crpg or doesn't want to download it, so he plays Native. Plays Singleplayer for a little bit and checks out multiplayer. and of course - he sucks. Fast forward a couple months, he's installed Crpg and granted he hasn't called everyone here a pile of cunts at least once, he has an heirloom or two and he's decent. Not bad or good - decent. And he probably plays Native too. Back on the server he was first playing on, or Wolfpack Siege of US GK Siege, the cycle is still going on. There are infinite New_Players still learning the game. And provided that they don't give up, a Crpg player will probably 'rekt' any new player. Unless they took the fucking easy route and went cav or archer. Then this shit is all fucked up.

This doesn't account for duels. Sign up for some the tournaments on your respect regions and we'll start talking shit all about these dueler my old friend greatsword crutch people.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2013, 10:57:32 am »
+3
Why do you even care what native players have to say about cRPG? The mere fact they are talking about this mod at all speaks enough for me.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2013, 01:43:00 pm »
To adress your second point, I have to say that to me, everybody and their grandmothers using invariably a Greatsword to duel even when alternatives are not forbidden just tells how much better it is than everything else, that is, how much imbalanced those weapons are.
Yeah uh that ain't true. I've seen bastard swords, and a load of people (mainly people from clans) duel with one handed swords because of the WNL. Yeah sure the majority will be greatswords, but let me remind you of the German greatsword and that type of shit. But arguing with you people is like poking a dead body and expecting a reaction, so I don't even know why I bother.
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2013, 03:25:04 pm »
Why do you even care what native players have to say about cRPG? The mere fact they are talking about this mod at all speaks enough for me.

Mainly this tread was my little way to rant and blow off steam,
So yea, I guess I'm one of those people who can get easily angered about shit over the Internet.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2013, 04:14:46 pm »

The average crpg player is ten times better than the average crpg player

okay
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:31:14 pm by Morso »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2013, 04:21:52 pm »
+2
Yeah uh that ain't true. I've seen bastard swords, and a load of people (mainly people from clans) duel with one handed swords because of the WNL. Yeah sure the majority will be greatswords, but let me remind you of the German greatsword and that type of shit.

Yeah what about it ? It's not considerably better than a glaive or a longsword or a long axe.

But arguing with you people is like poking a dead body and expecting a reaction, so I don't even know why I bother.

Arguing with you is like arguing with people that will say something like this out of nowhere because they don't have any argument to make and are not willing to talk about the points the opposition makes because those are actually correct.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2013, 09:10:48 pm »
+1
Yeah uh that ain't true. I've seen bastard swords, and a load of people (mainly people from clans) duel with one handed swords because of the WNL. Yeah sure the majority will be greatswords, but let me remind you of the German greatsword and that type of shit. But arguing with you people is like poking a dead body and expecting a reaction, so I don't even know why I bother.

Overwhelming majority of the top duelists use GS with almost no exceptions like Rhade and the rest of BkS and such. In those "yearly tournies" for native, who is at the top? Big-o-two-handed lol-mechanic swords.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2013, 09:26:33 pm »
because this mod is shit and so is your mom

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2013, 09:30:16 pm »
+2
How come whenever I mention Native, everyone is like 'Fuck that shit, way too ez'?
Same shit innit

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2013, 09:43:44 pm »
+2
in answer to OP:

native is very very very well balanced for competitive play (clans, tournaments etc), and not so well balanced for public play; if you're a good native player it's likely you play more clan wars than you do public play

when you come from an environment like this where skill and teamwork mean everything to an environment like cRPG where skill and teamwork have much much much less impact, and you see people getting 30-1 scores who are no where near as skilled as the people you're used to fighting; yet in their eyes are the best players in the world ...

.. it's extremely frustrating. (you start to think, if i could get this guy into a native clan war i could show him what skill is and bust his overblown ego a bit)

don't get me wrong, crpg is better for public play and i do love playing crpg, but crpg is definitely a lot more public focused than native; the balance is no where near as focused for competitive play; which, like i say, is why people coming from the extremely skill focused environment of native often have disdain for cRPG and cRPG players; cRPG players are basically a long running joke in native clan circles as being noobs.

I say all this without meaning to upset anyone, but as a long time player of both native and cRPG i feel i am qualified to answer this :) :) ... hope it helps!

on a different point

What is skill for you exactly ? In cRPG, the cRPG duellers will beat Native duellers. That even with the exact same build and equipment. In Native, Native duellers will win. Just how much skill it takes to fight any opponent directly depends on the skill of your opponent at the game you are playing.

To adress your second point, I have to say that to me, everybody and their grandmothers using invariably a Greatsword to duel even when alternatives are not forbidden just tells how much better it is than everything else, that is, how much imbalanced those weapons are.

seriously man i used to be a great big duel whore (ask oldschool native players i was a duelmy old friend), and back in the day i was pretty good; i would absolutely love to see whoever is the best cRPG duellist duelling against M or Tobi on cRPG; give either of them a few hours practice on cRPG first and it would only go one way

believe me these guys are on another level to most cRPG duellists. me and chase were duelling against m and tobi a few weeks ago, chase got his arse kicked, i barely even landed a single damn hit
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 10:20:57 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2013, 10:34:44 pm »
+2
only if M uses a spear! Only time ive ever even won duels was when he had a spear and wasn't being serious ^^ (that was last year when i started to do well on native duel now im total garbage and cant even follow crappy feints :( )

Native pub play is still pretty fun sometimes but if you go to native and join random servers you will roflstomp people because on eu at least there are only a few servers ive noticed with a good skill level.

I dont think it would be that easy for tobi on crpg because his crazy ass feinting just doesn't work with crpg mechanics. it would be nice to see how he adapts (im sure he would still kick ass but it would be nice to see how he changed his style)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2013, 10:37:48 pm »
only if M uses a spear! Only time ive ever even won duels was when he had a spear and wasn't being serious ^^ (that was last year when i started to do well on native duel now im total garbage and cant even follow crappy feints :( )

Native pub play is still pretty fun sometimes but if you go to native and join random servers you will roflstomp people because on eu at least there are only a few servers ive noticed with a good skill level.

I dont think it would be that easy for tobi on crpg because his crazy ass feinting just doesn't work with crpg mechanics. it would be nice to see how he adapts (im sure he would still kick ass but it would be nice to see how he changed his style)

he's still wicked sick at blocking / chambering; i can't imagine it'd be hard for one of the best native duellers to adapt to cRPG's duels of random double attacking and kicking
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2013, 10:40:22 pm »
+1
True but i don't think he would be the dominant force he is with much more limited dueling techniques at least not at first :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2013, 10:49:21 pm »
believe me these guys are on another level to most cRPG duellists. me and chase were duelling against m and tobi a few weeks ago, chase got his arse kicked, i barely even landed a single damn hit
Funny, anytime I tried Native duelling for a prolonged period of time and met the native pro's I'd win like a fifth of my duels against them. It's of course pub duelling and they might not be trying that hard, but I am always surprised at how much mistakes they make, of course much less than I do, but mistakes nonetheless which in Native could mean instant defeat.