Author Topic: why do native players hate crpg?  (Read 16275 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: why do native players hate crpg?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 02:03:53 am »
+1
From my experience this is caused mostly from perspective, to someone who's only played native and native-esque mods (PW, NW, etc) cRPG seems very unbalanced and unfair.  From the perspective of someone who's played both, but prefers cRPG, Native is very unbalanced and easy.

Not to mention cRPG has the steepest learning curve in Warband, and trying to master the game while playing as a low level peasant is very difficult for some people.  This, is for the most part, why I have a hard time getting my friends to play cRPG.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 02:04:16 am »
+1
I've only played native twice, I bought this game specifically for c-rpg because Bramd_Unicorns said I could be a ninja.

The first time I was astonished how easy archery was and I played it for 15 mins before quitting, vowing to never do that again because getting use to native archery would ruin my muscle memory for c-rpg archery.

The second time was more recent when c-rpg was down for some reason. Hopped into a duel server and found no challenges, it felt like I was dueling AI bots on DTV. There was one person who could kill me every once in a while but I went 30-4 before the map change. I can't even hold a 1:1 on Na 3 ( I tend to only fight people that are equally skilled or better, because I want to improve.)

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2013, 02:21:16 am »
+1
I tend to play native now and then and love hearing the "stop hacking" from the many in native who don't know what holding is.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2013, 02:25:51 am »
+1

Realize that upvotes and downvotes and post counts are utterly pointless, and express your genuine opinion at all times?

you always make my dear better Tears.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2013, 02:27:45 am »
+1
I'm like the definition of a native player and I enjoy pubbing cRPG so.... but I also hate some aspects of cRPG, like different balances while I like some changes.

EDIT: (also because crpg players come with their bugged banners on native and makes error-lines)

Native is awesome for competitive play, cRPG is rather fun as a public variant.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:00:30 am by Shemaforash »
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2013, 03:11:16 am »
hell, once i steamrolled a server with a 1h and shield, wearing cloth armor no helm, never once did i raise my shield that game.

...but the majoritiy of players dont even know how to block! and those that do are ethier very bad at it or suck at every other aspect of melee. and dont even get me started on the insanely stupid macros, hacks and shit alot of native players do.

they say crpgers suck, yet most, if not all, crpg players, would wreck a native player anyday

I guess I should start playing some native to boost my ego a bit.

Offline theawesomenoob

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • poppin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • Game nicks: wK_oodle ; Honeydew_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Honeydew
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2013, 03:13:32 am »
+4
Orrrrrr babydick its because the majority of the players in crpg have more "skill" then native players. Its just like NW, nobody can do shit in melee in that bad. Pretty much the same in Native, bunch of people that cant really block and dont know fighting techniques like feinting or holding.
Ok Tom. You might do good against pub players in native. But i would love to see you play in a competitive match without your 2hander and plate with a str build.
I doubt you would do as good as you think you are.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2013, 04:03:46 am »
+3
Well, my biggest complaint with cRPG, and why a lot of people I know who play Native don't come over, is because armor values in cRPG are ridiculously high. You can get around that by playing a high PS build, of course, but that's boring. In general people wear 40+ body armor on a regular basis and I'd venture that most melee wear 50+ on a regular basis.

Whereas in Native the highest armor value available is, what, the Brigandine (plus gloves)?

Honestly, I feel the same. We have head armor and leg armor, but no armor for hand/arms, just "body." Why gloves give extra body armor up to 15 is beyond me; it should just give you hand/arm armor, and body armors should give arm armor. This change is outside what a simple modification can handle, though. Also, many things in crpg had to be tweaked to accommodate for the extraordinarily high body armor, too, from item stats to soak/reduce tweaks.

Other than that, I'm sure there are great players in Native. You typically need to put in more effort to install various mods, so I assume people who end up playing Crpg are more accustomed to Warband on average.

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2013, 04:07:57 am »
+1
Native Players
Na t ive Players
Na ive Players
Naive Players

In all seriousness, people play what they enjoy; who are we to question it?

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2013, 04:20:53 am »
+4
"we hate c-rpg becau- OOPPHHHH"

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2013, 06:35:52 am »
Ok Tom. You might do good against pub players in native. But i would love to see you play in a competitive match without your 2hander and plate with a str build.
I doubt you would do as good as you think you are.

Simmer child. I never claimed to be the almighty god of crpg, nor do I care if I do good or not. Plus this build of all STR is a joke, doing it for fun. And if I do good against 95% of the population and get massive kd's in siege or battle where there is a lot of players, and get killed occasionally by a gank, archer, or someone who is actually better than me,  I think I'll be alright. I dont need to be a try hard dumpster-nerd and go to duels and increase my e-peen. I play for fun, and pub stomping is fun  :twisted:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:39:40 am by mmason94 »

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2013, 07:31:38 am »
+3
Simmer child.

I can almost hear him squeeling Tom.

---

Anyhow on a different note - from what I've heard from many many sources and from my own experiences I would say its like this:

* There are VERY good players in Native, and there are VERY good players in cRPG (probably rather equal)
* Underneath that, the AVERAGE skill level in cRPG is decently to decidely higher than that of Native

[EDIT] Yeah just went into native and went 47-12 in siege first round...used to be able to do that occationally in cRPG, now everyone here is too good to do that anymore....case and point.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:06:16 am by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2013, 12:40:39 pm »
cRPG has good features, but it also has ridiculous and annoying features especially for a native player. Like the balance among melee and other classes (it favors melee obviously), retarded kick range and duration, weirdly made armor soak values (armors are made of paper and has near to no influence, but heavy armor is also more common), spammy gameplay and so on probably...

There are also good parts of cRPG, but one thing for sure I wouldn't be playing cRPG for a long time without the efforts of Paul and Tydeus. Shield bash, animation changes, ballistae and such are simply too good to skip. Without these features, the game is simply a grinding fest with a bit messed up gamesystem if you ask me. Strategus still keeps being interesting for me, even though it doesn't really offer enough strategy in it from my point of view.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2013, 12:57:00 pm »
Because crpg is better, but still shit.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2013, 03:39:05 pm »
+4
Native players hate c-rpg because they can`t abuse completely the broken game mechanics as they do in native, 90% of the native my old friends, when they start c-rpg, they will always pick a 2h sword combined with an agility based build, so they can spam faster than anyone else.

my old friends.

(click to show/hide)