Poll

Wht Do you Think?

I agree and think that they should get no maneuverability at all.(while shooting)
9 (16.7%)
I Agree and think they should only get a maneuverability decrease.(while shooting)
19 (35.2%)
I think they're ok the way they are.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Horse Archers Balance Suggestion  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Lucas

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Horse Archers Balance Suggestion
« on: May 12, 2011, 12:32:46 am »
Well, my suggestion for balancing HA's is just to null or lower drastically their horse's maneuverability while aiming their bows, beacause c'mom there's no way to manewuver your horse perfectly while using your both hands, and it makes then almost unkillable on duels, especially against other cavs. Tanks for your attention and plz give feedback on what you think of it.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
Re: Horse Archers Balance Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 12:37:19 am »
It seems a good idea but who cares... it is more important the herp derp and the "oh my god" and "it is for the fun but give your ass,,,, seriously"

My fridge is my shield

Offline RobinHood

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Sigvard
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:40:40 am »
The mongols did it.

Offline Lucas

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:42:20 am »
I know the mongols did it, that's why i'm not saying to just cut it off, but do you really think u can achieve full maneuverability on a horse whith no hands?

Offline RobinHood

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 12:55:23 am »
I do it everytime i play.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 01:01:07 am »
I know the mongols did it, that's why i'm not saying to just cut it off, but do you really think u can achieve full maneuverability on a horse whith no hands?
http://www.wikihow.com/Steer-a-Horse-With-Only-Your-Legs
1 Put on a bridle when you are first learning. You can ride bareback or with a saddle. Make sure your horse/pony is tame and quiet!

2 Mount your horse or pony.

3 When you are first starting out, hold the reins as you normally would but keep them pretty loose. When you get more experienced you won't always have a bridle.

4 Horses will lean and turn away from leg pressure. Therefore, if you want to turn left, apply steady, gentle right-leg pressure. Don't kick or press too hard because they might go faster! To go right, apply your left leg. Try not to use too much pressure through the reins so you get used to it.

5 After you have practiced for a few months or so, try having a friend hold a lead rope attatched to your mount's halter (no bridle!) while you try to ride your horse in various patterns like figure 8's and circles.

6 After you know your horse will respond to your aids and you can deliver the aids, try riding without being lead and without a bridle. Keep a bridle on your horse just in case you may need it.

Offline Lucas

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 01:07:31 am »
You people may be getting me wrong, i'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's not as maneuverable and probably not so easy too.... I Searched in your whole "guide" and couldn't find any statement about this method havind the same maneverability that the hand steering.

Offline RobinHood

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 01:10:48 am »
Also it didnt say it didnt.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 01:14:08 am »
You people may be getting me wrong, i'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's not as maneuverable and probably not so easy too.... I Searched in your whole "guide" and couldn't find any statement about this method havind the same maneverability that the hand steering.
5 After you have practiced for a few months or so ... try to ride your horse in various patterns like figure 8's and circles.

Offline Lucas

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 01:18:36 am »
U gotta take into acoount that it's only for steering with the legs, what about steering with the legs while shooting? u gotta need a mother****ing brain for so, at least i think so...

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 01:25:02 am »
U gotta take into acoount that it's only for steering with the legs, what about steering with the legs while shooting? u gotta need a mother****ing brain for so, at least i think so...
I bet you can't pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 04:08:59 am »

A horse isn't a car steering wheel. It is an intelligent animal that can be trained to a number of things on its own simply by being taught how to respond. Men use to live and sleep with their horses, not simply visit them for an hour or so a day. They became so attuned that they were like one creature.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 06:24:18 pm »
I don't think the manuverability should be what gets reduced I think it is the accuracy, abillity to hold the draw and damage of a bow fired from horseback that should get toned down a bit.

As a support unit I think Horse Archers bring a lot to the game, being amazingly flexible, a brilliant distraction unit ... if they were good at wounding people and killing those who are already wounded or are in light armour that would be fine but they can bring down pretty much anyone as they are because they hit as hard and as accuratly as an infantry archer.

That said locking the horse in place while the bow is being drawn, or at least reducing its reaction speed could work as it would allow people to bait and trap the HA if they work together.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:28:25 pm by AlbaTiger »

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 07:46:38 pm »
I wouldn't mind that if same applies to normal cav while holding attack button.

Offline Lucas

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 07:50:06 pm »
Actually normal cav keeps a hand at the horse "strings".