Poll

Wht Do you Think?

I agree and think that they should get no maneuverability at all.(while shooting)
9 (16.7%)
I Agree and think they should only get a maneuverability decrease.(while shooting)
19 (35.2%)
I think they're ok the way they are.
26 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Horse Archers Balance Suggestion  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Horse Archers Balance Suggestion
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 07:52:39 pm »
Actually normal cav keeps a hand at the horse "strings".

So what?

Offline Lucas

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 08:36:31 pm »
So they can still maneuver the horse, if you could read my post you'd see that the point i'm trying to make is that it's harder to turn a horse without using any of your hands.

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 09:16:08 pm »
Do you play cav?- horses probably wouldn't just stand still IRL if they ride with full speed against a wall or stuff
Inf?-IRL no man could run with 2 arrows in his body as if nothing happened

So my point was: shit on pseudo "realism reasos" etc.
If you want the game style changed, give game style reasons.

And just penalizing one of the horse class cause they got "no hands on their horse" doesn't make sense to me.

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 09:23:47 pm »
Which other horse class doesn't have a hand on the reigns?

Shielders hold them in the shield hand, all others hold them in the free hand....meanwhile horse archers steer with their knees.

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 09:34:48 pm »
Cav thrower?Who gives a shit.

Or the other way round: why should HAs get fixed for that before inf actually getting slowed down by the arrows in their body(after some time leading to complete immobility)

Offline Lucas

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 06:31:34 pm »
I'd find interesting to see people (and horses) get cripled by the damage they receive(from arrows bolts and melee too), but i think it's asking too much isn't it?(and also that it would be ****ing hard to code)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 07:53:10 pm »
I've seen that in some sp mod. Diplomacy iirc.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 03:14:00 pm »
Yep, some mods already propose a speed and maneuver penalty to wounded horses. It works fine, in singeplayer at least.

I am not sure for the suggestion, I don't play HA and I don't feel them being such a problem. I find them cool actually. One thing maybe: they should be compelled to dismount to pick arrows from the ground. I saw once a HA who was riding around to refill his quivers with arrows from the ground, delaying the round for ever.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 09:46:00 pm »
I wouldn't say this is a bad idea, because it makes at least a little sense, but I don't know that HA's need to be nerfed really. I rarely get killed by them, they mostly just harass while infantry moves in. Good support class.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Seprest

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 05:51:17 am »
It's balanced by the fact that you lose accuracy while you are moving on a horse.  Also, you cannot use the top tier bows while mounted on a horse.  It is fine, I think people just get frustrated if they are melee and there is a horse archer left on the field.  They are supposed to be engaged by ranged primarily; if they are in range to shoot you, you are more capable of shooting them because you do not moving on a horse and a horse is a much bigger target.  Horses being OP is overrated.

ALSO, it has always been this way, no point in changing it for any sense of realism, it has been fine , just because many people get frustrated because they can't engage a horse archer all the while being shot at, is  no reason to QQQQQQQQQQQ. Remember, they had to drop points into horse archery and riding.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 05:55:18 am by Seprest »

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 09:31:56 am »
Due to the accuracy decrease when moving and that its harder to hit while moving, not so many HA's do it. The HA tactic is mainly playing as an archer, standing still with the horse, but having the mobility to kite, kite and kite again if danger approaches. If enemy cavalry tryes to kill them, they just ride away firing arrows at the enemy horse (which is easy to hit since if the enemy wants to catch up with them they cant keep strafing much with the horse) That is what makes the HA a "problem". They can kill with nearly no way to kill them. If you want to nerf HA's in some way, rather buff throwing weapons. (or the bows that are not useable on a horse)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 09:58:34 am »
I don't see an issue with HA's as they are. Perhaps force them to dismount in order to pick up arrows off the ground so they can't circle strafe infantry with no ranged the entire round, but that's it. Plus that infantry could always loot the xbow's and bolts laying around.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login