Author Topic: Finally a Directional Combat MMO  (Read 3527 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Finally a Directional Combat MMO
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2013, 05:22:55 pm »
+1
Necrobump. Yeah I was gunna say the combat looks a lot like Mortal Online.. which is clunky and awkward at best. MnB combat in an MMO setting just doesn't work with the current network/lag limitations in these kinds of games. I think DC Universe Online was as close and fluid as it gets to a real time action/reaction type of combat (before they nerfed it for the casuals). Left/Right mouse click combos is beaten by block, block is beaten by block breaker, block breaker is beaten by roll, roll is beaten by lunge, lunge is beaten by block. And you can feign attack combos to lure your opponent to doing something else.. the problem with this system is that it's pretty 1v1 based and doesn't work on anything bigger than 2v2 (becomes a spam/focus fest like all other MMOs).

I'm not an expert on this but I don't believe that not making Warband style combat in an MMO because of the network/lag limitations is a valid excuse in 2013.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2013, 11:04:13 pm »
I'm not an expert on this but I don't believe that not making Warband style combat in an MMO because of the network/lag limitations is a valid excuse in 2013.

Warband style MP combat is of all genres also the type of game that can be ruined the easiest by bad network and lag. Just look at player collisions in Warband and how a single bad lag compensation can pretty much kill you outright.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 01:18:13 am »
+1
Warband style MP combat is of all genres also the type of game that can be ruined the easiest by bad network and lag. Just look at player collisions in Warband and how a single bad lag compensation can pretty much kill you outright.

They already have continent specific servers and instance the PvP zones in MMO's anyhow, so I don't see your point. Yes lag affects Warband, but it also affects MMO PvP and wouldn't be handled any differently than they are already doing for a game like Planetside 2 for instance.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login