Author Topic: Finally a Directional Combat MMO  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Finally a Directional Combat MMO
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 10:58:55 am »
+1
actually a couple mmos have it already but poorly implemented; xyson, mortal online(lag!).
also life is feudal (LiF) will have it http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmorpgsandLiF/Life-is-Feudal-the-action-MMO-RPG-No-target-combat-and-double-bars

This acctually seems pretty cool. Althou they are gonna have to work extra hard to get the framerate perfect. With player sticking their props everywhere the fighting has to stay fluid. Good to dream but im sure it will be a lot of years till its taped to semi-working condition and even more years till its polished. It is rather sad. Im just hoping this type of game comes out before I turn 30. :lol: I do belive it will happen if the mainstreamers start paying attention to M&B. Already because of this M&B 2 better be good.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 11:30:08 am »
combat looks incredibly dumb, it still needs some work.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 04:14:58 pm »
+2
I do belive it will happen if the mainstreamers start paying attention to M&B. Already because of this M&B 2 better be good.

Yes the more popular games like m&b 2 and war of roses/vikings get, the sooner it will get done properly in a grand scale mmo. unless one of these indie attempts does pull it off.

another single player directional combat game to look out for is this

I'm also going to make my own directional combat H&H style mmo on cryengine, its only going to take me 30 years... but you wait!

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 05:12:02 pm »
I dont think anybody from the indiebunch is going to pull it off. Unless Taleworlds does after they have their pockets filled from Warbands sequel and they have gotten past the indie stage.

Its unpleasant but Warband is still somewhat in the indie stage. Nobody has bloody heard of it. Went to a schoolinterview like 2 weeks back and they asked me: "What game did you play last?" I said "Mount and blade:Warband". And there was like 5 people in the commission, they where basically IT teachers, not old people, middle aged. All of em where like what are you talking about son. And the next question was: "Do you play League of Legends?".  :lol: I think this is an advertisementissue right here. I mean I dont blame em for not knowing. Warband isnt that popular and its also a type thats really not for everybody.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 05:23:09 pm »
+8
Should have said cRPG. who knows warband.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 05:32:27 pm »
+1
I dont think anybody from the indiebunch is going to pull it off. Unless Taleworlds does after they have their pockets filled from Warbands sequel and they have gotten past the indie stage.

Its unpleasant but Warband is still somewhat in the indie stage. Nobody has bloody heard of it. Went to a schoolinterview like 2 weeks back and they asked me: "What game did you play last?" I said "Mount and blade:Warband". And there was like 5 people in the commission, they where basically IT teachers, not old people, middle aged. All of em where like what are you talking about son. And the next question was: "Do you play League of Legends?".  :lol: I think this is an advertisementissue right here. I mean I dont blame em for not knowing. Warband isnt that popular and its also a type thats really not for everybody.

most people I meet/know haven't heard of even the biggest PC only titles. Talking to real life friends;

what you been doing this past week? playing games all day. what games? oh PC games you wouldn't have heard of them. do you play dota/lol/wow?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

this is why I talk to strangers on forums, and people I met in old mmo clans ;)

getting off topic but I'm wondering if occulus rift could maybe become huge and make pc gaming as popular as consoles. especially if it cannot be adapted to fully function with ps3/nextbox, since it will be too long for people to wait for ps5 and we might see alot jump ship.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 05:58:15 pm »
+1
Should have said cRPG. who knows warband.

Mybe one day my man. Mybe one day....

When you prove yourself to the world. Then we your first projects long time players will all be like "Dude we played this guys shit way before he was popular!" and the other nerds will all be like "Ehh thats so cool man, no way." And then we show em our crpg characterpages with high generationnumbers and we will have have friends, girlfriends and be cool. Ofcourse this is just how im picturing your success rubbing off on me.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 07:17:52 pm »
I remember this project having had some negative publicity, but can't remember what exactly it was. I could be wrong ofc.

Was it also made by the guy who did 'Big Rigs Racing'?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 07:41:43 pm »
+1
Damn never heard of Life is Feudal before, looks like a very promising gaym
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 07:54:06 am »
+1
I remember this project having had some negative publicity, but can't remember what exactly it was. I could be wrong ofc.

Perhaps the fact it failed to meet its 60k goal on kickstarter?

I thought it was dead, good to see they are still working on it, its got my interest.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 08:23:38 am »
+1
maybe hes getting it mixed up with "greedmonger" which was just some guy outsourcing developers to make assets for him

the irony being he actually managed to reach his kick starter goal. just shows people are stupid.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 12:10:03 pm »
+1
Ahem...

Asheron's Call had directional combat... you could attack low/medium/high... And the projectiles like magic/arrows/bolts were all dodge-able with skill based movements,

Greatest MMO ever... was the competitor to EQ, I bought it when I was like 11 or 12(26  now) Because on the system requirements it didn't require a video card (which my old box didn't have at the time). Greatest game of all time.
Quit it for like the 12th time about a year ago. Servers are getting really empty and they refuse to merge the 8 or so servers even though 7 of them literally have like a dozen people on at prime time. (compared to 1,000-3,000 players they used to get in their heyday.

The PvP server is great though, its like a giant FFA where anyone can attack (and will attack) anyone... people clan up and gank and when you die, you actually lose items which can include your armor/weapons/most valubles. Max level is 256  :mrgreen: lol Best of all there are no set cookie cutter classes... you pick skills to train/specialize which made characters pretty unique from one another.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 01:50:37 pm »
+1
Yeah I heard alot great things about asherons call. Shame these games don't last.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 03:05:31 am »
actually a couple mmos have it already but poorly implemented; xyson, mortal online(lag!).

also life is feudal (LiF) will have it http://lifeisfeudal.com/mmorpgsandLiF/Life-is-Feudal-the-action-MMO-RPG-No-target-combat-and-double-bars

i'm keeping an eye on gloria victis but LiF im way more excited about personally, since its more a absolute sandbox like h&h and with terraforming. whereas gloria victis is seems to have your usual mmo tropes, PvE, quests, pre determined factions/lore etc.

but plenty are trying to make mmo with realistic combat like m&b but most of them are tiny budget teams, seems alot easier said than done. might be years untill we see combat as smooth as warband :( :( :(

Necrobump. Yeah I was gunna say the combat looks a lot like Mortal Online.. which is clunky and awkward at best. MnB combat in an MMO setting just doesn't work with the current network/lag limitations in these kinds of games. I think DC Universe Online was as close and fluid as it gets to a real time action/reaction type of combat (before they nerfed it for the casuals). Left/Right mouse click combos is beaten by block, block is beaten by block breaker, block breaker is beaten by roll, roll is beaten by lunge, lunge is beaten by block. And you can feign attack combos to lure your opponent to doing something else.. the problem with this system is that it's pretty 1v1 based and doesn't work on anything bigger than 2v2 (becomes a spam/focus fest like all other MMOs).

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2013, 12:21:11 pm »
+2
This looks fine but concering MMOs, my only hope currently is The Elder Scrolls Online, THOUGH it has magic.

Otherwise I'm only playing LotRO now and then cause I like it...

Lotro is awesome, im always smoking pipes in the prancing pony.. A pipe smoking animation is glorious..
chadz's games better have a cool smoking and drinking animation..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™