Author Topic: The battle of Nova Fenada...  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: The battle of Nova Fenada...
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 03:29:14 pm »
+1

my friends can beat up your friends

(click to show/hide)
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »
I'm 12.  I'm, like, such a super, like awesome troll and everyone thinks I'm so super awesome and funny, I just know it. 

http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Jack1

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 03:58:09 pm »
+6
in all reality though kesh, you just seem to look like a 12 year old that will do anything to get attention. at least in the forums and when faced with a situation where someone is better or does better all you can do is come up with either excuses or the "my dad can beat you up" comebacks. Very rarely do you come up with legitimate arguments that prove that you or your group is better while NOT lieing
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:03:48 pm by Risen_Jack »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 04:08:40 pm »
in all reality though kesh, you just seem to look like a 12 year old that will do anything to get attention. at least in the forums and when faced with a situation where someone is better or does better all you can do is come up with either excuses or the "my dad can beat you up" comebacks. Very rarely do you come up with legitimate arguments that prove that you or your group is better while NOT lieing

Hahahaha.  its spelled lying (obviously not a mistype) - don't worry they should teach you that in 6th grade hopefully.  And keep pretending you have any skill off a triple-loomed warhorse man.

You know I think i would have less to make fun of you with except your faction always tries to talk mad shit, but has accomplished almost nothing - never even attacked a city or castle once (would hurt your e-peen too much).  To be fair you probably could never take a castle or city by force if your lives depended on it, but occasionally attacking shitty villages with full plate armor and +3 large warhorses for 12 months seems kind of a waste of time unless you are so juvenile that your e-peen guides all your decisions. 

Its why we sold and gave away most of our villages before your carebear alliance, that outnumbers us 4:1, even got around to attacking.  We have had much worse odds in our favor and fought multiple factions at same time and taken castles and cities despite it - you guys have most of NA on your side and its taken you (occitan, frisians, hospitallers, lost legion - with merc/troop support from half a dozen other factions) over 3 months of your "war" to do pretty much nothing but grab a few useless villages that we couldn't sell, while we keep focusing on our castles/cities with 2K+ prosperity.

Oh well, keep spawn killing naked peasants and spend half your time talking about how awesome your e-peen skills are.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:42:21 pm by Keshian »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 04:09:23 pm »
+2
further display of what I just said. thank you for the example kesh.

Edit: for the stuff edited in after the first line.

You know I think i would have less to make fun of you with except your faction always tries to talk mad shit, but has accomplished almost nothing - never even attacked a city or castle once (would hurt your e-peen too much).  To be fair you probably could never take a castle or city by force if your lives depended on it, but occasionally attacking shitty villages with full plate armor and +3 large warhorses for 12 months seems kind of a waste of time unless you are so juvenile that your e-peen guides all your decisions. 

Why in hell would a small faction like Frisia attack a castle/city when you have villages where it is easier to get a win or 1-1 KDR? Are you literally that retarted?

Its why we sold and gave away most of our villages before your carebear alliance, that outnumbers us 4:1, even got around to attacking.  We have had much worse odds in our favor and fought multiple factions at same time and taken castles and cities despite it - you guys have most of NA on your side and its taken you (occitan, frisians, hospitallers, lost legion - with merc/troop support from half a dozen other factions) over 3 months of your "war" to do pretty much nothing but grab a few useless villages that we couldn't sell, while we keep focusing on our castles/cities with 2K+ prosperity.
1. It's less than 1.5-1, not even close to 4-1
2. Could you by any chance tell me what castles those where and who you were fighting?

Oh well, keep spawn killing naked peasants and spend half your time talking about how awesome your e-peen skills are.

Don't get yourself into that situation.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:00:15 pm by Risen_Jack »

Offline BoneSaw

• Earl
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (HoC) Green regime
  • Game nicks: King BoneSaw
  • IRC nick: Glorious Supreme Leader Democratic People's Republic of HoC
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 04:36:10 pm »
+6
I was level 8 drunk during battle(go figure) and on horseback. The wall of spears made short work of the heroic cavalry efforts. Every hole on my lovely body was kissed by spears  before and during my death roll from the saddle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sWalker

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 09:42:12 pm »
+1
Oh the rage....it makes the sWalker stronger...many more battle loom on the horizon from the tone of these warriors' statements...you can feel the hate.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 12:28:27 am »
+10
Basically Kesh is trying to justify not quite managing 1 to 1 on defense against less organized attackers. In his words.

Take your loss, you were outplayed. Every time you came out of the village to break the attackers' construction you lost heavily and that screwed you later on. Your gear overall might not have been as good, but it's not even close to the disparity you're trying to depict. And whatever happened to the defender advantage?

The sWalker sees that his old pals of Chaos have trained this new group well in the use of long stabby pikes...the sWalker has many holes that need repair *damn my new shirt, the sWalker thinks*.

While we may have been in on the escalation trend, it's by virtue of their utility that the long stabby poles have gotten so popular. We never asked for other people to rely on them so much, but they were always part of a well-balanced breakfast army.

I think he was just noting they had 20 more body armor than us for most of the fight where they barely pulled better than a 1 to 1 until near the very end getting on top of flags.  Also, that many of the frisians have joined the chaos crowd in using very long weapons that only require use of the s key and left click and currently 1-2 shot people despite giving the range of a bow because devs never took the time to balance their damage output with their utility.  Notably 1/5th to 1/4th your team was using a deadly pike, so yeah it was a little noticeable that more people are switching to FOTM.

Attackers didn't really have that many pikemen, we had far more hoplites than we did pikes. Point of fact: they only had around 100 total pikes in that army, and zero long spears or anything else longer than 150 that wasn't a heavy lance. We ran out of pikes midway through and everything we found after that point was, for the most part, scavenged from the defenders (judging by loom levels). Defenders which, by the way, had a decent number of pikemen themselves! I noticed a good half-dozen at least on your team who were typically grouped up, and our side never had more than a few at the front (a couple were behind defending forward spawns the entire time). We were pretty evenly matched on that front, all told, though our pikes were mostly masterworked and I don't think yours were.

(click to show/hide)

Oh, and don't forget to block down.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:34:32 am by Canary »

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 12:46:16 am »
+1
From henceforth this battle shall be recorded as the battle of unidirectional blocking because having to block in the same direction constantly is too hard. Buff down blocks.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 01:23:35 am »

One infantry class in higher than average numbers doesn't make or break a battle on its own. Insinuating pikes are easy mode is unbecoming of someone who's spent so much time as a high level character in strat (and I'd know!). The reality of it is that they're great weapons for teamwork, something that I don't think Kesh understands very well, quite frankly. "THE CAV ARE KILLING ME I NEED SOME PIKERS TO COME PROTECT ARCHERS" says the Kesh, while moving away from everyone else. The Kesh who later gave up archery to go solo rampaging as a strength-heavy 2hander build, one of the most forgiving playstyles in the game. Doing the S-key jump-back-turn-around-stab pike strategy doesn't help your team in strat, that's not the proper use of a pike in a battle scenario; one has to position properly and aim and angle well to succeed. sidenote: There's probably a reason I've never seen Kesh using a pike or long spear, and I don't think it has to do with how "OP" he feels they might be.

Oh, and don't forget to block down.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 01:31:23 am »
+3
(click to show/hide)

I would say that you have said a permutation of the phrase "WE NEED A PIKEMAN OR TWO TO GUARD THE ARCHERS ALL I DIE TO IS THEIR EASYMODE CAV" while moving to the outskirts of your team in at least 1/4 and at most 3/4 of the battles I have ever fought with you in, the total of which is quite high.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 02:47:53 am »
+3
(click to show/hide)

and we dont have our admins rationalize people piking through solid objects on our side just because you are a piker.

Oh look, a can of worms. I'll try and stymie this before it spreads:

Attacking through solid objects is bad. It's an exploitation of the game engine, but so are so many other things that are allowed! Here we have to apply common sense, even if it may seem somewhat nonsensical in a certain light.

You can physically stab straight through a skinny wall (or breakable door, etc) ignoring its hitbox which should stop your attack. Having a character hugging the wall while swinging or stabbing directly through it is against the rules.

Caveat: Beginning your swing or stab somewhere that avoids the actual scene object in the beginning isn't against the rules, even if part of your weapon's model clips through the scene object by the end of the attack.

The nature of moving the hitbox of a weapon means that it's still possible to hit someone on the other side of a low enough wall using this method, or around corners to some degree. It's not very realistic, but it's not as bad as stabbing straight through the wall. Realistically speaking, one would also be able to lift a weapon above his shoulders and feasibly attack someone on the other side of a low wall, but our game engine doesn't have such a feature. What it does have is movable hitboxes and attacks being usable while jumping.

If we were to make a call saying stabbing over a wall is against the rules then we'd have to call out every single instance of a player's weapon model clipping into a scene object while not glancing off the object to avoid being inconsistent. It would be debilitating to every fight involving any kind of scenery to have to make calls for things being against the rules in such a way. Where does it end?

The majority of problems of this nature have already been fixed by WSE (ground collision, more interaction with player capsules for overheads, scene objects colliding with weapon hitboxes sooner), the only ones still remaining are the pike hitbox being so long that it starts beyond where it should glance at point blank against an obstacle and the thing that allow swings to bypass doors and such if there's a player hitbox on the other side.

In short: The reason stabbing straight through scene objects is against the rules is because it completely disregards what should be possible in the game engine on top of reasonable reality.

The reason stabbing over walls and around them even when your weapon might clip through them is allowed is because it isn't nearly as unreasonable as an attack that disregards the scene object entirely - it has limitations and you have to work to land an attack that way. It's also an incredibly ubiquitous issue, meaning it'd be almost impossible to police it effectively and fairly. Plus it's something both sides of a wall can take advantage of, unlike those walls that bug out when hit by catapults and become tangible in only one direction.

If anyone is confused I can draw a diagram to explain it further.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:44:14 am by Canary »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 10:15:22 pm »
+1
I'm confused, can you draw a diagram?   :twisted:
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 12:18:53 am »
I think it would prob be easier to enforce the no pikeing thru walls than it was to read that massive wall of crap.
Leader of BS

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 12:29:54 am »
+2
I think it would prob be easier to enforce the no pikeing thru walls than it was to read that massive wall of crap.

Segmented paragraphs 2 much 2 handle. Better not borrow you my copy of Finnegan's Wake!
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.