Author Topic: Payday 2  (Read 7615 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Payday 2
« on: August 16, 2013, 09:30:21 pm »
+2
Anyone playing this?

I got the first one not long after it came out and was really disappointed there was no ability to use any sort of stealth to get through a mission.  Once you started the mission the alarms go off and the police (endless hordes of them) show up and it's basically a point and click shooting game at this point. 

The 2nd one looks like you can employ stealth (keeping hostages subdued, jamming security systems, etc), wondering who's played this and their opinions on it?  Does it end up being the same as the first one where you're essentially just trying to shoot a path to freedom?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
Re: Payday 2
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 09:39:11 pm »
+1
Anyone playing this?

I got the first one not long after it came out and was really disappointed there was no ability to use any sort of stealth to get through a mission.  Once you started the mission the alarms go off and the police (endless hordes of them) show up and it's basically a point and click shooting game at this point.

The first one did have some stealth elements when it came to the police.  They were not obvious and sometimes impossible to notice, but if you take out cameras and the sorts, the police will check each floor separately until they find you.  If you lose them (Almost impossible) they will repeat the process.  You can actually hear them over the chatter clearing the floors I believe.  Not really a way to "Hide" or get away, but it gives you some breathing room sometimes.

Hopefully in the second one they offer more obvious reactions to being stealthy and smart about how you approach the robbery.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »
The first one did have some stealth elements when it came to the police.  They were not obvious and sometimes impossible to notice, but if you take out cameras and the sorts, the police will check each floor separately until they find you.  If you lose them (Almost impossible) they will repeat the process.  You can actually hear them over the chatter clearing the floors I believe.  Not really a way to "Hide" or get away, but it gives you some breathing room sometimes.

Hopefully in the second one they offer more obvious reactions to being stealthy and smart about how you approach the robbery.

Did not realize that.  It sounds like (from the reviews I've read anyways) that they made "stealth" (or at least crowd control and alerting of police) seem like it's more in your control now, rather than just mindlessly shooting anything that moves (like it seemed the first always ended up resorting to, which made me not even think of it as a "heist" type game). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:59:48 pm »
+2
Never played the first one, but I bought this one the other night on a whim. I've enjoyed it. Been playing it a bit the past couple of days, and I've found it really fucking difficult to actually do the missions the stealthy way. But you can be stealthy, I know from videos and what my friends have told me. You just have to get the right skills first (there's a leveling system with skills and unlock progression) so at first yeah it's just a bunch of shooting. But from what I know it gets better.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 10:23:13 pm »
+2
i love the ability to answer to the cop's radio faking his voice.
i love how every mission is not always the same.
skills are all useful

friendly ai is stupid , just shooting and revive while cops ai is pretty tough.

nice game

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 10:35:02 pm »
i love the ability to answer to the cop's radio faking his voice.
i love how every mission is not always the same.
skills are all useful

friendly ai is stupid , just shooting and revive while cops ai is pretty tough.

nice game

Friendly AI is a lot harder to script and program than hostile AI.  It is also why you will see games where the enemy will hit you perfectly but your AI buddies will shoot walls.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 10:58:47 pm »
... friendly ai is stupid , just shooting and revive while cops ai is pretty tough.
The friendly bots are as dumb as stumps, but they also have infinite ammo and soak far more hits than human players can.

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 03:58:24 am »
The friendly bots are as dumb as stumps, but they also have infinite ammo and soak far more hits than human players can.
that's why this game must be played with other 3 friends to enjoy it.

oh and  they need to nerf Russian mafia too , they hit very hard in that nightclub.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 04:12:16 am »
+1
great game, very addicting, nothing like the first one other than the generic gameplay( you rob stuff, tons of cops).  Stealth is actually an option, unlike the first one where the police were insta alerted once you were spotted, in this you have the ability to atleast be spotted and stop the threat before he picks up a radio, or draws on you.

If you play, dear god dont go Enforcer, everyone and their brother is a god damn enforcer.  Im a Technician if you would like to play, let me know.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 09:16:51 am »
+1
Anyone playing this?

The 2nd one looks like you can employ stealth (keeping hostages subdued, jamming security systems, etc), wondering who's played this and their opinions on it?  Does it end up being the same as the first one where you're essentially just trying to shoot a path to freedom?

I've completed the a bank heist with complete stealth, never set off the alarms. We did fire some silenced pistol shots at the necessary guards, zipped them up into body bags and put them into the dumpster. Cleaned out every safe deposit box, which is damn hard, if not nearly impossible to do without stealth, though I have done 90% of them because there were two of us with saws and double ammo bags with extra charges. Simply put, there are 3-4 ways to pull off the various heists as you also have electronics jamming skill sets and explosives. Most people seem to be going Enforcer, then Ghost, followed by Mastermind or a combo of the lower level skills. Send me a steam invite if you want to play.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 08:43:43 pm »
+1
Just played this yesterday with pappy, AntiBlitz and TommyHu. Amazing game :mrgreen:

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 11:44:49 am »
+3
Fun game and all, but really unfinished. Seems they rushed it quite hard, plenty of bugs and annoyances, tons of unfinished textures:

I find it a tad funny that they'd make a very detailed tattoo on a civilian (a female civilians breast none the less):
(click to show/hide)

but no one could be arsed to make some better 2D background sprites for the cars in the background:
(click to show/hide)

Reminds me of Mass Effect 3, if anyone recall the background 2D sprites in that game, we're talking Paint.exe skills level.
(click to show/hide)

The #1 signature of a rushed game.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 03:39:00 pm »
where you got the last image? it scares me quite a bit  :shock:

btw yes it's not polished but the gameplay make you forget about these bugs/glitches , hoping for future updates.

the only thing i hate is the fact you can revive friends behind walls , you can get bags behind walls etc , it's quite ugly to see.

ah and we need more content , the only point that make you grind again is skills , maps becomes boring after 100000th you done it in every possible difficulty.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 04:26:09 pm »
where you got the last image? it scares me quite a bit  :shock:

The Mass Effect 3 image? Just google for "Mass Effect 3 sprites" -- There's videos on YouTube as well. 90% of the background activity in ME3 was this atrocious, not to mention the animations.

Payday 2 (vs Team Fortress 2) Steam stats:

Despite all its flaws and shortcomings PD2 is doing great.
I would attribute the success to it simply being a good CO-OP game, plus the sound design for the weapons is exceptional, sadly only the weapons seem to have been given a lot of thought though, there's literally no ambience in the game :/

There's a lack of good CO-OP games for the PC, especially some that would aspire to more than the normal frag'em'all chaos. Borderlands might be a good co-op game but it's too much of a niche game.
Hopefully this will remind studios that there's still good fortunes to make in CO-OP gaming.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:30:50 pm by Nessaj »
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 04:35:27 pm »
Blands 2 is just awesome  :D
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.