Author Topic: 1h Stab animation change... ?  (Read 10799 times)

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
Re: 1h Stab animation change... ?
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2013, 03:57:01 pm »
2handers cant facehug insta stab like 1 handers can, 2handers also suffer glance downtime, im not saying 2handed stab isnt good, im just stating 1 handed is way better if you are in the heat of combat, ive seen people get 5 kills in a row with just spamming the onehanded stab recently.

You can wiggle 2h stab around corners and shields which is bullshit. 1h thrust should be easier to do because its a simpler motion. 2h stab looks goofy and awkward as fuck. Also, 1h stab has a descent recover time with a blocked stab. 1h without a shield is stun locked almost after every hit for fucksake.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2013, 04:24:09 pm »
false, 2 hander has longer recover time nab,and no u cant wiggle them arround... only things that truly do that are pikes.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2013, 04:39:01 pm »
You guys are aware that the stabs will get a slight nerf next patch because they are a bit too much, both 1h and polearm.

For the record I play with Bamboo and think both pole animations are a bit quick and connect reidiculously fast as 1h stab does.

two steps forwad, one step back, I see no problem in that.

Taking into account the overall medium to low speed, stab stun, and 1 or 2 direction movements in the case of polearms, taking such advantage from them would mean killing it (again). Which isn't the case with 1h, which are fast by definition, and with animation that hit the head most of the time, even when you don't aim. :P

Also ruf, that is a lie, I have no problem lolstabing around corners in my 2h alt, and the enemies don't have as-well.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2013, 04:44:43 pm »
+6
false, 2 hander has longer recover time nab,and no u cant wiggle them arround... only things that truly do that are pikes.
How would you be able to wiggle around a pike and not a 2h, your turn speed is a shit ton higher. Think you're the nab here who needs to step up his wiggling because I can stab around teammates and corners with a 2h and I can also facehug stab with a 2h. Just because you can't doesn't mean the weapon can't.

The reach on 2h stab turns an already good swinging weapon into an extremely potent anti cav and support weapon. You basically get a Great Long Axe and a Long Awlpike in an all in one package. Don't go all boohoo poor 2h on me. 1h stab is pretty ridiculous right now, I agree, but not more ridiculous than the 2h stab has been forever.

Offline Anita_Henjaab

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2013, 05:28:15 pm »
1h stab is pretty ridiculous right now, I agree, but not more ridiculous than the 2h stab has been forever.

AMEN TO THAT

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2013, 05:34:25 pm »
+6
I don't get the complaints about 1h facehug stabs. Those always existed and they are 100% about wiggling, armor and damage, just like 2h and pole facehug stabs. This patch made 1h facehug stabs harder by making the arm extend earlier and therefore more likely to connect before the sweetspot. What was increased is the effective range of 1h stabs by changing the animation. Also all this talk of "speed of 1h" makes me laugh. Unless hiltslashing was fixed somehow, a glaive (89 speed) will always hit faster than a nordic broad short sword (103 speed), time of release and everything else being the same.

What I think is happening is people clad with +3 armor seeing a 1h guy starting a stab further away than 1 meter are so used to how it has been for ages, they don't think they need to block.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2013, 05:53:10 pm »
+5
Rufio here again, sharing his brilliant knowledge of this games weapon balancing. And Sagar here aswell? Oh god, the 2 "smartest" 2h heroes have amassed here to complain. This is clear proof that we are moving in the right direction! Keep up the good work developers! :D

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2013, 05:55:58 pm »
+3
Honestly...
It's the side sword that's OP.

Did you just jump out of a Time machine, coming from the spring of 2011?

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2013, 06:07:40 pm »
How would you be able to wiggle around a pike and not a 2h, your turn speed is a shit ton higher. Think you're the nab here who needs to step up his wiggling because I can stab around teammates and corners with a 2h and I can also facehug stab with a 2h. Just because you can't doesn't mean the weapon can't.

The reach on 2h stab turns an already good swinging weapon into an extremely potent anti cav and support weapon. You basically get a Great Long Axe and a Long Awlpike in an all in one package. Don't go all boohoo poor 2h on me. 1h stab is pretty ridiculous right now, I agree, but not more ridiculous than the 2h stab has been forever.

typical arrogant response from you, im saying pike can do it because it has the ability to hit through stuff, if you let a 2 hander hit you with a lol stab as a shielder it means you are failing your block not the 2hander hitting ''arround'' your shield. point blank hitting with 2 hander still requires a ''lol'' turnstab, witch 1 handers dont really need as it currently is, so ye the lol stab isnt as instant. also it is true that i dont lol stab asmuch as other 2 handers , but thats because my heavy greatsword has slowest turn speed of all greatswords. still know how to abuse it thow. but fuck that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:10:53 pm by rufio »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2013, 06:10:44 pm »
rufioe eez nub I defeet he with 1h sword naked

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2013, 06:12:39 pm »
1h facehug stabs glance like before if you just stab.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2013, 06:13:15 pm »
1h facehug stabs glance like before if you just stab.
with your agil build maybe

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2013, 06:16:05 pm »
with your agil build maybe

I confess

(click to show/hide)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2013, 06:22:58 pm »
typical arrogant response from you, im saying pike can do it because it has the ability to hit through stuff, if you let a 2 hander hit you with a lol stab as a shielder it means you are failing your block not the 2hander hitting ''arround'' your shield. point blank hitting with 2 hander still requires a ''lol'' turnstab, witch 1 handers dont really need as it currently is, so ye the lol stab isnt as instant. also it is true that i dont lol stab asmuch as other 2 handers , but thats because my heavy greatsword has slowest turn speed of all greatswords. still know how to abuse it thow. but fuck that.
Not so typical because I rephrased my post after reading you are calling people nabs yourself, so perhaps a typical response when dealing with arrogant you.