Author Topic: 1h Stab animation change... ?  (Read 10776 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: 1h Stab animation change... ?
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2013, 02:31:58 pm »
+5
Anyone saying that the 1h thrust wasn't viable before was just bad at using it. I used a non-loomed espada with 6 ps and 6 ath and it was awesome. :)

However, a small buff is also acceptable (though toning down 2h stab and keeping polestab and 1h stab the same would've been better, in my opinion, makes it harder to master), but I haven't gotten around to testing it myself yet, so won't comment too much on it. I've seen a ton of shielders only using thrusts though, but the amount will probably reduce when people are done testing the changes made to it.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2013, 04:33:47 pm »
+1
And along comes Gurni stating that he could do it and everyone else was just bad.

You should find a new routine, gets a bit tiring.  8-)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2013, 06:36:36 pm »
+1
Right, so now my 81 length weapon has a good stab on it, hence why I bought it in the first place.

The issue with lolstab was it was fast, long, and hit for a lot of damage.

1h stab hits for a lot of damage and is fast, but by no means is it nearly as long as a pole or 2h stab.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2013, 07:16:06 pm »
+2
And along comes Gurni stating that he could do it and everyone else was just bad.

Well, 1h stab really wasn't that bad before patch :P I saw quite a lot guys doing fine with 1h stabbing weapons and never got why ppl complain so much about broken 1h thrust.

At the beginning I thought that 1h stab with new animation and whatever else Tydeus did was really OP. Now, after playing a few hours, though I still think it's overbuffed I don't agree it's game breaking at any point. I'd prefer a bit harder "animation", currently it's really hard to fail with 1h stab, but whatever, doesnt really matter to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2013, 08:08:18 pm »
Right, so now my 81 length weapon has a good stab on it, hence why I bought it in the first place.

The issue with lolstab was it was fast, long, and hit for a lot of damage.

1h stab hits for a lot of damage and is fast, but by no means is it nearly as long as a pole or 2h stab.

Humm... thanks for this viable commentary. I'll add my own : Though agility people run faster than others, by no means are they faster than dedicated cav.

Though i'm still pretty sure the 1h stab is longer than my ironstaff stab. :mrgreen:
The fact that a one handed weapon (one free hand) does so much damage with a single fast attack is the issue.

Even before, 1handers without shield were pretty common (even more after nudge patch). But now, they can take 2 less PS and take 6 shield for the same efficiency.
1h/shielders becoming a real jack of all trade, strong/normal against everything is a shame.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2013, 08:21:53 pm »
+1
Well, 1h stab really wasn't that bad before patch :P I saw quite a lot guys doing fine with 1h stabbing weapons and never got why ppl complain so much about broken 1h thrust.

At the beginning I thought that 1h stab with new animation and whatever else Tydeus did was really OP. Now, after playing a few hours, though I still think it's overbuffed I don't agree it's game breaking at any point. I'd prefer a bit harder "animation", currently it's really hard to fail with 1h stab, but whatever, doesnt really matter to me.
Never sad it was bad. I actually used quite a lot but it was way harder to get in properly as it is now. Just stating this doesn't mean I wasn't capable as was assumed.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2013, 09:05:03 pm »
The old 1h stab was a little hard to land without glancing and required good timing and footwork. I would have supported a small adjustment to make it more viable.

Unfortunately the adjustment that was made totally overshot that and made the 1h thrust completely ridiculous. You can land it anywhere in the animation, from insta-stab to full extension.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2013, 10:15:41 pm »
It can still glance.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2013, 10:37:15 pm »
Anyone saying that the 1h thrust wasn't viable before was just bad at using it. I used a non-loomed espada with 6 ps and 6 ath and it was awesome. :)

my major problem with the 1h stab was and still is that it glances at short range with a short weapon. mid and long range are not an issue.
on the other hand i am able to land a successful hit with a longer 2h weapon with less damage than my 1h swords, with less ps and the same attack pattern.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2013, 11:29:01 am »
i love how at this point people complain about 1h stab, while completely ignoring the fact hiltslashing has not yet been fixed and lolstabbing same as before. tbh i tried no shield spear build few days ago and it was pretty fine imo, you just have to leard to block down at right time. the stab still glances at point blank.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2013, 01:14:55 pm »
+9
People have to actually block 1h stabs now -> people complain.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »
+1
People have to actually block 1h stabs now -> people complain.

hence the nerf threads
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2013, 05:56:52 pm »
Instead of fixing 2h stab they broke 1h stab to "balance" things.  Now you can stab into the sky with 1h and bring it down effectively impaling some guys face with your knuckles just like 2h now.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2013, 09:32:13 pm »
+7
Instead of fixing 2h stab they broke 1h stab to "balance" things.  Now you can stab into the sky with 1h and bring it down effectively impaling some guys face with your knuckles just like 2h now.

actually, that always worked but very few people did it. now you dont have to do goofy ass shit to make your stab land reliably, you just have to do a nice stab and instead of glancing 50% of the time you will probably hit! much better!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2013, 09:58:12 pm »
+10
actually, that always worked but very few people did it. now you dont have to do goofy ass shit to make your stab land reliably, you just have to do a nice stab and instead of glancing 50% of the time you will probably hit! much better!

This is honestly the truth to the change. I'm a nonstop 2hand abuser but I've always enjoyed 1hand classes, which my main currently is.

Pretty sure the great majority of "good" 1handers ended up using weapons without a stab, because it was practically useless garbage in the majority of situations. Thrusting was a feint direction, unless you really wanted to punch yourself in the dick over struggling with the Warband engine to get anything but a glance at all no matter the circumstances.

Even still the 1hand stab isn't as bullshit as a 2hand stab. Its not as easy to aim and nowhere near as long. Not as reliable for killsteals or cav kills like the Longsword and up is.

But 1hand stabs are certainly fun to use! Which is the best part of the change. It actually added "fun" to a class, instead of removing it like every other cRPG change I can remember.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.