Author Topic: 1h Stab animation change... ?  (Read 10825 times)

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
Re: 1h Stab animation change... ?
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 04:35:48 am »
+4
Maybe we can get a better animation like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQGR4KLJY9w&
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 10:57:56 am »
+1
First of all I'm all the way for animation buff.
It is ok. that 1H have better animation stab. But on the other side if animation stay like this, devs need to think about lowering pierce for some 1H swords.
Because with this fast animation - thrust over 30 and speed over 100 (some swords) - this is too deadly.
2H swords - only German Greatsword +3 have 29 pierce, but speed 91, also some polearm have high thrust but low speed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:08:41 am by Sagar »

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2013, 11:53:33 am »
+3
It is ok. that 1H have better animation stab. But on the other side if animation stay like this, devs need to think about lowering pierce for some 1H swords.
Because with this fast animation - thrust over 30 and speed over 100 (some swords) - this is too deadly.
2H swords - only German Greatsword +3 have 29 pierce, but speed 91, also some polearm have high thrust but low speed.
as far as i know, only weapons specialized for stabbing have stab over 30 and they need to be loomed for this. point is they usually pay with slash, so all-in-all this is balanced.

edit: my bad, espada has indeed 31, but that sword is useless for anything but stab, rest of weapons must be loomed to archieve this.

P.S german greatsword has also 39 cut unloomed, i think we wont be seeing this on 1h stab weapons anytime soon.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 12:21:21 pm »
I didn't try the new stab animation, but reading Tydeus and as far as I can understand, if you get full damage in the early animation of the stab, that is a very abusable thing. Left-swing or upswing and after just spam the stab and you have the new lolstab animation. So I agree, there is no way to make it balanced. You have to choose to have a monster or not to have it. The old animation was the king of warband glances; a very situational attack.

So my suggestion is just increasing the stun time after getting a stab blocked to avoid 24/7 stab abusers, either for 2h/polearm and 1h.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:23:30 pm by El_Infante »

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013, 12:48:16 pm »
there was a reason 1 handed stabs were nerfed to glance alot way back, this is because they are fuckin op if they dont have the glance chance, huge damage and eazy to spam. i dont even dare to ride into 1handers nomore on a loomed heavy horse because they just get 1 shot to the face by the stabs.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2013, 01:28:02 pm »
 i think the overarching problem is not that 1h stabs have now been brought up to the level of 2h stabs and polearm stabs

but that the devs, in their infallible wisdom ( :rolleyes: ) decided to change the native stab animations in order to try and remove lolstab

What they actually managed to achieve was instead of the lolstab where greatsword users would bury their weapon in the ground (which was still easily blockable); they created a stab which was simply instantaneous. It's like replacing one small problem with another entirely bigger set of problems
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2013, 02:30:24 pm »
+4
there was a reason 1 handed stabs were nerfed to glance alot way back

So tell me what was this good reason to make an attack direction for a whole weapon type suck so much all the good players just switched to pole, 2h or no-stab 1h ? Don't you love it when tiny 1h hammers knock you down ? That's the precise reason so many people use 1h hammers and picks.

, this is because they are fuckin op if they dont have the glance chance,

And neverglancing 2h or pole stabs at any distance are just fine

huge damage and eazy to spam.

Just like 2h and polearms except if you get a 1h sword with "huge" stab damage, you don't get 39c swings like a GGS. In fact the swing damage on these swords is so bad even held attacks will glance on armor, and that didn't change.

i dont even dare to ride into 1handers nomore on a loomed heavy horse because they just get 1 shot to the face by the stabs.

Well IMO cav needs more maneuver so that playing properly would mean not getting your horse hit at all.

5-hitting people is too deadly ? How many hits should be necessary in your opinion ?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2013, 02:54:33 pm »
Ah shameless class lobbying has started, let the games begin!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Sagar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2013, 03:03:22 pm »
5-hitting people is too deadly ? How many hits should be necessary in your opinion ?

No, but with new animation is enough 1 or 2 stab easy. Check out servers, players dying from 1h - 1 stab non stop.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2013, 03:12:58 pm »
No, but with new animation is enough 1 or 2 stab easy. Check out servers, players dying from 1h - 1 stab non stop.

Maybe they just were lucky, effective damage is very random. Many people use heirloomed medium armor which drops in about 4 stabs for average IF. Considering the stab is the most damaging attack of most swords against that kind of armor, it's already a lot of room for error.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2013, 03:40:49 pm »
2handers cant facehug insta stab like 1 handers can, 2handers also suffer glance downtime, im not saying 2handed stab isnt good, im just stating 1 handed is way better if you are in the heat of combat, ive seen people get 5 kills in a row with just spamming the onehanded stab recently.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2013, 03:42:56 pm »
+1
2handers cant facehug insta stab like 1 handers can ...

what?

Offline Sagar

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2013, 03:43:19 pm »
Yea they all lucky after patch  :mrgreen:

You love that stab, don't you ..  :D  Say it loud "I love that OP insta mega high pierce stab", say it!  :mrgreen:

As I wrote above in post - I don't have anything against new stab animation, but thrust damage is too high for some 1H swords with new animation. That is all.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2013, 03:52:15 pm »

Of course. The smaller slimmer swords should def do alot of pierce. You got pole arms with 27 pierce and 90 something speed black barring and 2 shifting people. Stab should be the deadliest animation in the game, especially for a stabby 1 1h.

Offline Anita_Henjaab

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2013, 03:56:37 pm »
Honestly...
It's the side sword that's OP.
Espada and scottish and Long Espada Eslavona all have such low cut damages (and glance a lot) that wielders have to commit to the stab, so they are effective cause the it's a committed weapon.
Side sword has the cut too , plus it doesnt glance at all . Nerf side sword to 28 28 at least.
I really like the new stab!!! Great job devs