Author Topic: Repair Costs?  (Read 8992 times)

Offline Archimedes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Khaliq, Fuadadin
Repair Costs?
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:17:39 pm »
Hey, everyone.  I’m new to cRPG and I’m curious about the repair system.  I heard that repair costs have gone up from 5% and my sense is repair costs about 10% of an item’s value?  I’ve heard repair is only supposed to happen 4% of the time, but that seems somewhat low, judging from personal experience.  Does anyone have the numbers on hand?  Am I completely off track?  I’m trying to figure out how much equipment I can afford to bring out and still break even.  I realize that it’ll depend upon the length of the round (in Battle) and the multiplier, but I’d still like some numbers to crunch.

Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:13:15 am by Kalam »
Abuu Fuad Khaliq ibn Selim Abd-al-Rahman
Fuad ad-Din ibn Khaliq al-Mansur Abd-al-Rahman

Offline Yoghurt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Repair Costs?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 06:20:07 pm »
+1
I think, repair costs are completely useless and only making the game more demotivating anyway.  :mad:

Offline Archimedes

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:22:47 pm »
Eh, it insures that players with the money to get ridiculously good weapons and armor can't completely bowl over newer players 100% of the time without a significant investment.  So it serves a purpose.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 06:24:10 pm »
Every minute each item slot (meaning if it takes 2 or 3 items, it gets rolled multiple times) has a 4% chance to break, costing 5% of the total item price. Note that this is per minute, and not per round. The longer the round, the more likely it is to break.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Archimedes

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:27:31 pm »
Ah, thank you very much.  This is very helpful.  That would explain why repair costs seem so high/frequent, I didn't realize it was by minute.  Do you happen to know if this is minutes in the round or minutes alive in the round?  And (one more question) do you know the timer for xp/gold ticks in Battle and Siege servers?

EDIT:  For those interested lurkers, I timed a battle server and it seemed to be ticking once every minute.  However, I got a few odd times (30 seconds or 1 minute 30 second) around the end of rounds.  This was only after about 10 minutes of testing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:09:05 pm by Archimedes »

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 08:12:30 pm »
Ticks usually happen every minute. Sometimes it's off by a few seconds, but I don't think it';s ever been off by half a minute.

I think that even if you die right at the beginning you still have a higher chance of an item breaking if the round goes on till the last minute... I think.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 08:26:46 pm »
Every minute each item slot (meaning if it takes 2 or 3 items, it gets rolled multiple times) has a 4% chance to break, costing 5% of the total item price. Note that this is per minute, and not per round. The longer the round, the more likely it is to break.

Dropping weapon or demounting horse stop this timer?

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 08:37:08 pm »
+1
Nope. And if you are in a game-mode like siege, where you have multiple opportunities to change your gear, any gear you use will have a chance to break for the entire round... not just the time you used it! This means if you used peasant gear the entire 7 minute siege, and the last 30 seconds you used plate, your plate would have 7 chances to break!

::also::
I don't know if this has changed in the last patch or two, but if you pick up someone else's gear, you might have to repair it as well! Last time I saw this was in January, so I can't say for sure its still in the game.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:38:42 pm by Seawied »
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Archimedes

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 08:47:37 pm »
I don't know if this has changed in the last patch or two, but if you pick up someone else's gear, you might have to repair it as well! Last time I saw this was in January, so I can't say for sure its still in the game.

I've had this happen with someone else's horse that I took after they'd died, but I also had that kind of horse in my inventory, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 10:45:09 pm »
+1
I've had to pay repairs for weapons I picked up that have no relation to anything else I own...

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 02:51:54 am »
I think the chance to break and repair is calculated at the end of the round with whatever equipment you started with and then ended the round with.

5% isn't really much though unless  you're using really expensive items and it's just really unlucky if you find yourself repairing an expensive item round after round. Just build a nice amount of gold up so you can use decent equipment and afford plenty of repairs incase they break alot, then when the multipliers come your gold just builds up again. But of course if you plan on using the most expensive items for your entire suit, expect to be broke very quickly.

Offline Rovenarc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 01:39:43 am »
+1
I made like 70k gold and bought Black Armor and Danish greatsword. I had like 20k ish gold left, thought it will be enough for repairs. Almost every single round i played both kept getting broken, repairs for 2500-2600 total. By the time i had 3k gold left i just stoped using them.
It is very annoying seriously, and really dont want to log anymore after that much grinding for money buying them with 20k gold as back up i couldnt play more than 40-50 mins with them.
I know it is necessary to keep gold levels of high level players at a degree, to stop them getting insanely rich but a smarter way can be found for sure.

Considering even with 5x you get 2500 gold in 10 mins spending 2500-2600 gold in every round is overkill.

PS: Call it bad-luck or whatever but that is another problem than, It can be more stable
Finally i saw people bragging about they have 600-700K gold do they seriously make that money while wearing end game gear with this repair system? Or just grind for days in peasant cloths or something?

Offline Wildling

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 02:01:27 am »
+2
I made like 70k gold and bought Black Armor and Danish greatsword. I had like 20k ish gold left, thought it will be enough for repairs. Almost every single round i played both kept getting broken, repairs for 2500-2600 total. By the time i had 3k gold left i just stoped using them.
It is very annoying seriously, and really dont want to log anymore after that much grinding for money buying them with 20k gold as back up i couldnt play more than 40-50 mins with them.
I know it is necessary to keep gold levels of high level players at a degree, to stop them getting insanely rich but a smarter way can be found for sure.

Considering even with 5x you get 2500 gold in 10 mins spending 2500-2600 gold in every round is overkill.

PS: Call it bad-luck or whatever but that is another problem than, It can be more stable
Finally i saw people bragging about they have 600-700K gold do they seriously make that money while wearing end game gear with this repair system? Or just grind for days in peasant cloths or something?

Signed 1+

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 03:13:50 am »
Actually the repair system was introduced to prevend that everyone uses the best equipment everytime.
Before it most of the players wore heavy armour and high tier weapons. So the life of the new player was not easier back then.

Offline Rovenarc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 11:26:16 am »
+1
Life of a new player is hard that way or another, that fact wont change with or without repair system - this system just slows down average players like me as well and end game players are not affected. 600-700k gold at least and loads of stuff they don't use that they can sell for another 600-700k gold and full time Heavy Armor - high tier weapons on them at all times.
Well started this game 2-3 days ago, just level 26 on my Knight and level 20 on my archer currently, but i have played MMO games enough years to realize a major flaw in them. (6 years of Wow - 11 Years of Ultima Online and much more)