Author Topic: 0.3.0.4  (Read 38124 times)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: 0.3.0.4
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2013, 05:52:14 pm »
1h. That may have to do with me playing as an agi build the last few months so I could control my spacing and hit at the full reach of my swing.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2013, 06:00:25 pm »
+1
Teeth man, I told you! Make Byznuck rank 3 and I'll toss my 1h looms in there, I've got a nice side sword waiting to be used

Biggest problem though is that Byzantium does not have any good stab 1h in the armoury so I can't join the rapetrain, even though even the Broad Short Sword has a bazillion reach now on the stab.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2013, 08:40:04 pm »
+1
Tbqh, I experienced more ghost swings that missed the enemy before the patch.

Well, as long as you're being honest...
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2013, 06:53:47 am »
take out the 1h stab changes.

was on NA 1 earlier using a great maul and I couldent swing left or right vs a 1h stab abuser. I would just be forced to sit there and block down or I would get insta hit before the swing even started to register on my computer. extremely OP in my opinion.

at the moment if you have a regular espada you get to have the following:

insta hit with stab
block every direction if you have a shield
do over half my health when in plate (24 str and 65 body armor) while having a 15/24 build

at the moment the playerbase for anything but 1h is going to shot down because there is no point in doing anything else.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2013, 07:21:35 am »
+3
But in the end, they're still stabbing a maul user.. There should still be enough blocking stun to get the advantage back at that moment.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2013, 07:57:03 am »
+2
at the moment the playerbase for anything but 1h is going to shot down because there is no point in doing anything else.

Join the cavalry master race and run over the one handers.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2013, 09:18:10 am »
+6

was on NA 1 earlier using a great maul and I couldent swing left or right vs a 1h stab abuser. I would just be forced to sit there and block down or I would get insta hit before the swing even started to register on my computer. extremely OP in my opinion.

at the moment if you have a regular espada you get to have the following:

insta hit with stab
block every direction if you have a shield
do over half my health when in plate (24 str and 65 body armor) while having a 15/24 build

Only issue with this post is that if you knew what you were doing you could stab faster with the old animation, the new animation simply allows you to use 100% instead of 50% of the reach. Oh and that as a 15/24 espada user I still take a minimum of three hits to kill anyone in above medium armor with pure stabs unless I get crazy amounts of speed bonus or hit the head. Not saying the new anim ain't op, I'm merely saying this post includes a bit to much bullshit.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2013, 02:51:02 pm »
+3

1h stab is still slower and shorter reach than the 2h stab, not to mention it still usually glances at facehug range. 2h thrust is still king, so I don't see what's wrong with 1h thrust being elevated from "Poor" to "Good". That 15/24 Espada user has a high ceiling (can deliver huge damage on a thrust if they get high speed bonus on a head strike), but a very low floor (facehug them, and all of their attack options will probably glance). A big slow mauler in plate is pretty much the ideal prey for an agi 1h stabber, but say a longsword user in loomed medium armor will eat them alive.

As for the fear that the servers will become overrun with shielders sporting 1h stabby swords, the play base will adapt. All the 2h players might rediscover great weapons like the morningstar and great bardiche; break shield in 3 swings, hold attack to force block stun, kill the 1h player in one swing during the block stun.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:01:10 pm by Phew »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2013, 03:36:38 pm »
+2
As for the fear that the servers will become overrun with shielders sporting 1h stabby swords, the play base will adapt. All the 2h players might rediscover great weapons like the morningstar and great bardiche; break shield in 3 swings, hold attack to force block stun, kill the 1h player in one swing during the block stun.

This.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2013, 04:10:54 pm »
+3
big slow mauler in plate is pretty much the ideal prey for an agi 1h stabber

Are you serious? :lol: :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »
Are you serious? :lol: :lol:

Jack is a good mauler and admitted he got dominate by an agi 1h stabber, and it's easy to see how. The stabber can dance outside of his maul range all day and just poke poke, never even has to block. He probably has an even tougher time against an agi 2h. Mauls excel in tight quarters or against slow 1h with short reach (like steel pick+huscarl), but they are easy prey to a swashbuckler type with room to maneuver.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2013, 04:41:23 pm »
+4
When I was a 1h player I'd eat plated maulers alive with slashing swords and maces/picks, but with an espada (short one, non-loomed), I didn't even bother attacking them. A blocked stab is a free crush for a mauler and using 25 cut with 6 ps (or even a few points higher than that) is not even worth it versus >65 armour, because you have to play flawlessly and hit him several times to take him down, while you'll probably get one-shot if you make a mess out of it.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »
+2
When I was a 1h player I'd eat plated maulers alive with slashing swords and maces/picks, but with an espada (short one, non-loomed), I didn't even bother attacking them. A blocked stab is a free crush for a mauler and using 25 cut with 6 ps (or even a few points higher than that) is not even worth it versus >65 armour, because you have to play flawlessly and hit him several times to take him down, while you'll probably get one-shot if you make a mess out of it.

Effective reach of an Espada stab is now about 160cm, but max reach of a great maul is like 90cm. If your thrust gets blocked at near max range, and you get stunned, you should still have about 70 cm of cushion. Considering your massive mobility advantage thanks to higher athletics and less weight, maintaining that cushion should be pretty easy.

Maybe you are trying to backpedal? I suck vs. maulers, but I have learned that the key is don't ever block, and don't ever backpedal. Full speed all the time and don't be afraid to show them your back. I mostly stick to right swings, and not stabs though.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2013, 06:16:19 pm »
+1
Well mostly the situation I thought was compleat bill rap was when the whole enemy team followed me and a teammate(1h/shielder) into a tight little tunnel and it was 18v2. I got to kill about 11 of them but then came the bull crap. I started an overhead on the exact agi shielder I described in my previous post while his shield was up. My hammer was on the way down (while face hugging him) and he pulls out a quick little stab and kills over half my health when starting the stab when the sword was in me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:19:21 pm by Risen_Jack »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2013, 06:49:15 pm »
+4
His weapon speed is +15-20, he probably has a lot more wpf than you, and he is using his fastest attack, and you're using your slowest. If conditions were slightly different, maybe that swing would have went through. Sometimes, I can't respond against an awlpike user's stab and have to block. 11 kills still isn't bad, there may have been people who got hit earlier than they expected, too.