Author Topic: Valor Reworking  (Read 1535 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Valor Reworking
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 07:19:44 pm »
Good points san, really like the idea that if you're next to a teammate who's getting points, you also get some sort of indirect points for it (so you can guard archers as a shielder/piker and get points when they do).

Also I've heard other people say what you are, that you need to get over double the average of both teams score for the round to get valor, I thought it was only your team.  if it's both teams, then yeah that should change right away so it's only getting double or more the average score of your team, not the enemies also. 

And it shouldn't be points given for how much damage you do the enemy, everyone should have a fixed amount of points (or fixed amount of points per level of their char) and if you take away 1/2 their HP, you get half the points allotted to the player.  I also noticed if I go for horses (not the riders) I can rack up more points than killing the rider (if you get horse + rider, even better).  I think horses have too many points allocated for them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 08:15:19 pm »
+1
And it shouldn't be points given for how much damage you do the enemy, everyone should have a fixed amount of points (or fixed amount of points per level of their char) and if you take away 1/2 their HP, you get half the points allotted to the player. 

Something like Level/3+total loom points equipped/3=total point value per player. That way a peasant is worth <3 pts, and a lvl 33 with full looms is worth like 15-20 points. This way everyone would go after the high level/gen juggernauts instead of chasing peasants across the map.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 08:17:06 pm »
+1
Something like Level/3+total loom points equipped/3=total point value per player. That way a peasant is worth <3 pts, and a lvl 33 with full looms is worth like 15-20 points. This way everyone would go after the high level/gen juggernauts instead of chasing peasants across the map.
http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/crpg-goal-completed/
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 08:37:29 pm »

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 03:33:53 am »
+1
I must add that no person on winning team should get valor.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 09:20:21 am »
Valor system is fubar. It needs to be more random with the top players and not only reward the mega 2h gangster who's outscoring everybody by 100. Current valor system is not friendly for team-play. Valor supports Rambo.
Bullshit. The best way to get valour is teamplay.
If you think 2h heroes get valour too often, it's another issue about class balancing. As for valour reward, it works just fine.
PS: although San's suggestion looks very good.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 12:43:36 pm »
(click to show/hide)

When I read San's posts I want to be USA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 01:47:09 pm »
Quote from: Phew
The easiest route to valor is to play an agility shielder and never attack, just run around staying close to the action.

Quote from: Bulzur
Oh, that system that rewards HA with arrows doing 1dmg to an armored horse, and shooting it 40 times in a round, being useless.

Quote from: En_Dotter
What is that valor u speak of? Witchery of a sort?? I be archer, i shoot dem stuff, i see valor not!

Summary :

- remove "proximity" points
- remove points from hitting horses
- add scales to ranged hits (from 1 to 3 points)

Then the valor will be given to those who really fights (and kill) and not only those who damages a lot of horses and/or stay near the heat of battlefield.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 01:52:42 pm »
Valour is working fine atm.

Quit crying because you wanna play a ranged dude who stays out of the combat half the round, and thus dont get valour points for being near the action..

BTW My main is a ghey xbower, i dont except to get valour even if i shoot 7 people in 1 round. Why? Because im not really in danger when i pew pew

The guys in the action packed heat of the battle should get valour, thats how i see it. Also that´s also how the devs see it i take it.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 02:15:58 pm »
IMO Valor rewards players using top tier armors too much = more armor->longer in melee->valor->more gold->more armor etc.

So separate gold and exp multipliers. And make valor effect only the exp multi, this way skill will be awarded with more exp, but not boosted by allowing skilled player to use more expensive equipment.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 03:11:51 pm »
The problem is not in the valor, the problem is in the metagame. Archers can't get valour because they are actually less useful (excluding strat).
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 08:07:20 pm »
Valour is working fine atm.

Quit crying because you wanna play a ranged dude who stays out of the combat half the round, and thus dont get valour points for being near the action..

BTW My main is a ghey xbower, i dont except to get valour even if i shoot 7 people in 1 round. Why? Because im not really in danger when i pew pew

The guys in the action packed heat of the battle should get valour, thats how i see it. Also that´s also how the devs see it i take it.
dont you underrstand that you or I can be in the heat of battle, be kicking ass, be top 5 in scoring, have good k/d ratio, win rounds cap flags etc etc and you still won't get valor. I like siege and in siege I have great rounds of 50-70+ points and 4-8+ kills and still no valor because some crazy jedi is getting 100+ points a round. all I am saying is divide the valor better among the top players, I'm not suggesting valor for lowly xbowers.
Jackson And No Bank