Poll

Prohibit the catapult for the defenders

No
63 (52.9%)
Yes
56 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Prohibit the catapult for the defenders  (Read 8074 times)

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
Re: Prohibit the catapult for the defenders
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2013, 03:28:13 pm »
The problem is that the Greys expect every Siege to go their way and for it to somewhat be an easy job for them, as soon as it doesn't there are a lot of threads that pop up complaining about unfair it was, do you think if the positions were swapped around the Greys would be making all these threads about how OP wooden castles are? NO.

The threads would be about their massive victories and saying how shit the Apostates are, its just that the greys are raging at the moment because they are unable to come up with a tactic that is plausible and will help them get somewhat a foothold.

I agree that wooden walls are BS atm, but what are you going to do about it? Nothing, These are a few victories that the Apostates have had in the last few weeks and please just let us enjoy it like we let you enjoy yours, after we are all their for the XP otherwise no one would turn up

Strudog, ok, congratulations to your victories, you did a good job defending them and you accuracy with the catapult was amazing, I mean that.  We all are having fun, even us guys on the outside of the castle. Thats all good. And you would probably defend it several times even if the walls were breakable - its not my point - point is we know its a flaw in the game - we all know that devs wont do much to solve it in the near time, and we all know merc leadership wont come to some sort of agreement or even try to discuss it.

Just to show what a bunch of (cencured) your current leadership is, if the Wolves will take this castle we will try and make some agreement on how to make the wooden castles not so OP, even if it will make it harder for us to keep it. If some sorrt of agreement can be found - good, then it will benefit the game.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2013, 03:30:27 pm »
+1
Jeirbe Castle 12542 men: around 4200 men needed for assault one alone.
Ismirala Castle 19736 men: around 6600 men needed for first assault.
Tehrog Castle 7443 men
Derchios Castle 6970 men
Dhirim 13154 men
Senuzgda Castle 8400 men...

You get the idea, who wants to waste that many on first attack alone? The 1/3 rule is (and has been) priority to change in my opinion above all else. That and make wood breakable as a close 2nd.

Welcome to strat Heskey, these are simply the casualties needed (atm) to take a heavily fortified enemy. The Druzhina did the exact same thing when they were fortifying themselves, we didn't cry about it.

I agree that the 1/3 rule is stupid and should be changed, but I do not count on the devs to come to my aid.

EDIT: Grandmom, you're laying out the issue as if the castle is untakeable. That's untrue.

Yes, it will take LOTS of men to take it, but every time you attack you kill some of the enemies. Y'know, once upon there were no siege towers, no catapults, just ladders. Castles and cities were still takeable back then.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2013, 03:31:08 pm »
Tehrog Castle 7443 men
Derchios Castle 6970 men
Dhirim 13154 men

You get the idea, who wants to waste that many on first attack alone? The 1/3 rule is (and has been) priority to change in my opinion above all else. That and make wood breakable as a close 2nd.

To be fair you probably just ahve to let them know youa re interested in attacking a place like dhirim (which makes alburq look easy) and they wouldn't keep all the troops in the city to save on upkeep but take most out for the attack.  They cant just leave most of the troops out in anticipation of an attack that never happens or they will bleed all their money away on upkeep.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2013, 03:35:03 pm »
Your argument flaws at the moment you think you HAVE to take Alburg castle. There are plenty of other castles to pick from, why don't you try attacking them? Instead of trying to change the rules at the most convinient time for you, why don't you propose the change, hope the best and then be on your way to a new target? It is senseless to accusse the devs of incompetance several months, even years after a change has been made and then think your proposed change happens at that exact moment. Wooden castles have been bugged for ages and you know it (Maybe not you in person, but people from your faction do), you attacked it well knowing what could happen.

Instead of bullshitting on the forums and demanding ludicrious changes (Not what you're doing, but what the Grey guys are), man up and change your game. I have 0 confidence in the devs from experience. I know they never change what is needed at the right time and in the right place. I lost all faith with chadz when he said Strategus would be on hold for 2 weeks, only to make it disappear for 6 months. You can't influence the devs with anything but simple suggestions, and hope for the best.

As Casimir said it once "Think not what strategus can do for you, but what you can do for strategus".

YOU have to change, not the game. Adjust your strategies, your baseline, everything untill you find the right angle.

(click to show/hide)

Ramses, you are missing my point, I agree that we should focus on getting the devs to fix the flaws of the game, but until they do we could make agreements on what to do and not do to solve bs problems. For instance, I havent yet seen defenders of a castle build 5 weapon racks before the attackers can even do one - dont know if its a rule, or its just guys playing nicely but it works - its an agreement, perhaps silent, but still an agreement to solve a problem in strat. With your point of view "adjust your strategies" this weaponrackproblem should then be, dont attack any castle/town because you cant as an attacker use weaponracks. This also applies to ladders, if the defenders all spawned 2 medium ladders each attackers wouldnt be able to use ladders, so u see where Im going with this?

And again Ramses, you are missing the point, I know its not untakeable, Im not writing here because I want Alburq castle, I have just seen for the first time the OP level of wooden castles in general, this is a problem and we could work together to solve it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:41:03 pm by GRANDMOM »

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2013, 03:35:34 pm »
Strudog, ok, congratulations to your victories, you did a good job defending them and you accuracy with the catapult was amazing, I mean that.  We all are having fun, even us guys on the outside of the castle. Thats all good. And you would probably defend it several times even if the walls were breakable - its not my point - point is we know its a flaw in the game - we all know that devs wont do much to solve it in the near time, and we all know merc leadership wont come to some sort of agreement or even try to discuss it.

Just to show what a bunch of (cencured) your current leadership is, if the Wolves will take this castle we will try and make some agreement on how to make the wooden castles not so OP, even if it will make it harder for us to keep it. If some sorrt of agreement can be found - good, then it will benefit the game.

All im stating is that yes they do need a fix, but if the Greys were the one s defending do you really think they would be making all these threads?

But this thread is about catapults, and the fact is that cata's are the best counter to siege towers, it takes a million hits to kill a siege tower in melee , do you really think we would let you build 3-5 siege towers and just let you run all over our walls?
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2013, 03:39:06 pm »
I have no idea if they would have, I dont give a shit really if they would, Im not speaking for the greys, I am speaking as a player/leader in strat - we see a problem that we could perhaps not solve completely but at least discuss in a sorted manner.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2013, 04:03:36 pm »
+4
just boost Siege tower's hp like X20 so defenders can take down towers only with catas  :P
problem fixed

oh and dont forget about ccatas hp aswell x10 will be fine
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:09:27 pm by Vovka »

Offline _RXN_

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chadzina
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2013, 04:50:58 pm »
+3
And also, as i proposed already, make please that the siege tower cannot be moved only by 1 player, but something like by 6 players (3 on the left side, 3 on the right). It's ridiculous that a 10-15 meters tower can be moved like now, only by 1 superman.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2013, 05:00:20 pm »

Bullshit.

You bounced strudog around the map so sargoth would be a big itembombed piece of shit. Instead of making it fun for both sides to fight, you continued the attacks on him.
But yea, then it was not in your advantage to play for fun battles, so ofc you didn't. Our fail was for strudog to be out of his fief, yours is to attack alburq instead of senuzgda/ derchios.

Tehrog Castle 7443 men
Derchios Castle 6970 men
Dhirim 13154 men

The desert situation was much like this, all 10k+ fiefs left. Not 1 garrison would be lowered so there could be fights.
Not really sure why anyone would expect us to lower garrisons... We are keeping alburq at around 6k, enjoyable battles at a castle of our choosing, thats the defenders privilege in this case.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2013, 05:33:29 pm »
+2
Can you guys stop raging at my castle please, the mean words are making it upset :(

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2013, 06:09:06 pm »
+1
The 1/3 rule sucks in every case, and in the desert war a few months ago i supported Templar and Ni if i could ever get into a roster.

I'm not complaining that you keep Alburq Castle at 6k men, that's respectable of you, the people who say GO, Wolves etc are dumb and should attack a different castle instead just needed to see the figures that explain why it'd be an even worst waste of men to attack anywhere else. I fully expect we've now reached the point where Apostates have got more active players again and can produce faster than attackers can kill in Alburq Castle (especially with battles being reset). And since noone fancies attacking somewhere else with 5-6k men i expect another fun stalemate. And sure, since it's a game mechanic and everyone else does it who can blame Apostates for stacking their remaining castles they don't want to be attacked? The same way Greys and Wolves can do it to you if you ever want to retake your lost land. So just do away with the rule so nobody can do it, people have posted about it a ton of times, and i haven't heard anyone disagree with the idea that 1800 men should be able to attack any castle, but it always gets ignored or overlooked or postponed or not read- it's hard to tell which.

The thing on 1/3 rule, the castles and all other shit, is that ppl adapt their strategy on it. Simply because if you don't do it, your enemy's will and they get the upperhand.
Strategus is about thinking on the long term for a lot of things, so if they fix very much used tactics, it completely fucks up someone's strategy, major buzzkill. So they makes fixes during resets.
With that many fixes and changes happen all at once, there is bound to be fail fixes, that will wait a year again to be fixed.

So also for the 1/3 rule scrap i'm gonna put my money on a strat-reset-fix.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2013, 06:44:25 pm »
Bullshit.

You bounced strudog around the map so sargoth would be a big itembombed piece of shit. Instead of making it fun for both sides to fight, you continued the attacks on him.
But yea, then it was not in your advantage to play for fun battles, so ofc you didn't. Our fail was for strudog to be out of his fief, yours is to attack alburq instead of senuzgda/ derchios.

Firstly, according to most of you that was an idiotic strategy, you laughed at us attacking your runaway lords - nice to see you have realised the value of keeping lords inside their castles.

We never take em out of the castles and fiefs, you can choose to do this also and there is no problem, noone could ever use it against you. To the point, if the lord isnt at home he cannot run the castle properly, is it a flaw of the game? Perhaps it is, perhaps not, perhaps everyone with the right level in the faction should be able to sort the gear, I dont know. But you have options and you choose the wrong one.

But we cant choose not to take a wooden castle because it has flaws, if our side is to wipe you, we need to take it. Its not optional.....and yes, we will try to grind it down, and we will have perhaps 10 sieges more killing 600 troops each time, we will see.

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2013, 06:53:33 pm »
I see, you agree there is a problem with the game mechanic of wooden castles, but you are not willing to do something about it because it wouldnt benefit your clan at this point in the game. But it might in 2 months, or in 3 weeks and then perhaps you will be eager to find solutions, what do I know. Now I know your standing point, it pretty much shows your color - again.
Were did you see him stating it won't? he can't implement those change, he isn't a dev and instead of jumping into conclusion why don't you bug the dev on irc for a change.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Haboe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2013, 07:14:59 pm »
Firstly, according to most of you that was an idiotic strategy, you laughed at us attacking your runaway lords - nice to see you have realised the value of keeping lords inside their castles.

We never take em out of the castles and fiefs, you can choose to do this also and there is no problem, noone could ever use it against you. To the point, if the lord isnt at home he cannot run the castle properly, is it a flaw of the game? Perhaps it is, perhaps not, perhaps everyone with the right level in the faction should be able to sort the gear, I dont know. But you have options and you choose the wrong one.

But we cant choose not to take a wooden castle because it has flaws, if our side is to wipe you, we need to take it. Its not optional.....and yes, we will try to grind it down, and we will have perhaps 10 sieges more killing 600 troops each time, we will see.

Lol, its an option to attack it. You don't have to, you want to, nothing more.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2013, 07:47:46 pm »
Were did you see him stating it won't? he can't implement those change, he isn't a dev and instead of jumping into conclusion why don't you bug the dev on irc for a change.

One more merc not understanding the purpose of this, try reading some posts before and call your mom and perhaps she can help you out...

Lol, its an option to attack it. You don't have to, you want to, nothing more.

This is like speaking to a teenager, am I? I have an option to stop trying to make u understand, I will use it