Poll

Prohibit the catapult for the defenders

No
63 (52.9%)
Yes
56 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Prohibit the catapult for the defenders  (Read 7428 times)

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
Re: Prohibit the catapult for the defenders
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2013, 02:06:49 pm »
This is nothing but pathetic.

Everybody knows these wooden castles are absolute bitches to take, due to the indestructable walls.

Instead of crying to the devs to change all sorts of things, focus on what we need: Destructable wooden walls.
    And in the mean time, commend your enemy for a defense well played. I must say that the Mercs did an excellent job at defending, but the Greys did a worse than usual result at attacking this one. Before you cry back to me; yes, I know how difficult it is to attack hard castles. I've been leading sieges too, also on difficult castles. The Fallen and I have never resorted ourselves to this senseless forum banter for a bad siege, I had expected better of the Greys.

Devs, make wooden walls destructable. The wooden castles are OP.

Well Ramses the problem is now at hand, not in 6 months. We both agree it seems that there is a problem, thats a start. Since we cant count on the devs to solve it by making the walls brakeable anytime soon, we could try and find solutions for it together. Would be the sencible thing to do here, since wooden castles are being sieged right now. So, if u have any suggestions other than focusing on the devs to solve it (which we ofc also should do) it would be utterly welcome in the discussion.

I am pretty new to this game, I havent sieged a wooden castle before, actually my first sieges in leadership of a clan was the first attacks of this war from our side - Bulugha and Rivacheg. So I will leave the suggestions up to the more experienced commanders like yourself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »
What happened?  I don't see the battle results under archives and it looks like the same battle is up again tonight at a later time?  How did they get a redo?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Zaalback

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Zaalback
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2013, 02:14:44 pm »
Watching the greys attack last night was like watching whack a mole they spent the majority of the fight putting up ladders in the same darn place!!

Surely the greys tactics for attacking places is better then this? and they know that there is more then one side to that castle.... :oops:

If you think , that you can coordinate the siege any better , I'll take you in our roster, and give you 150k gold if your method works out . The other sides are just the same pain and as a the castle is small like shit , it takes 4-5 seconds for the defenders to get to the back side of the castle and lolpike the ladders to death.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2013, 02:15:00 pm »
It's bullshit ofc, but no one is forcing you to attack alburq.

As for mapfixes, they usually get through during resets of strategus.
With some luck we will get one at some point, then i hope to see broken wooden walls, fixed doors/ gates, ballista's and all the other crap they worked on in the past month (including reworked eco etc)

I see, you agree there is a problem with the game mechanic of wooden castles, but you are not willing to do something about it because it wouldnt benefit your clan at this point in the game. But it might in 2 months, or in 3 weeks and then perhaps you will be eager to find solutions, what do I know. Now I know your standing point, it pretty much shows your color - again.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2013, 02:15:42 pm »
What happened?  I don't see the battle results under archives and it looks like the same battle is up again tonight at a later time?  How did they get a redo?

It crashed so it will be on again tonight

Offline Zaalback

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Zaalback
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 02:21:28 pm »
We both agree it seems that there is a problem, thats a start. Since we cant count on the devs to solve it by making the walls brakeable anytime soon, we could try and find solutions for it together.

Yea we can arrange this . As it's nearly impossible to capture that stronghold, defenders can let us getting on the walls by not breaking our ladders, and as a payback we will not capture their flags and not spawnrape them  . Seems fair huh ? :P
Or if they come somedays to Suno we could throw them ladders to get in the city in a comfortable way !

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 02:26:53 pm »
I see, you agree there is a problem with the game mechanic of wooden castles, but you are not willing to do something about it because it wouldnt benefit your clan at this point in the game. But it might in 2 months, or in 3 weeks and then perhaps you will be eager to find solutions, what do I know. Now I know your standing point, it pretty much shows your color - again.

ahh yes *gives keys to the castle to wolves* is that the only way to stop the QQ? or would you like us to give you gold and equip too?
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2013, 02:28:25 pm »
+2
Thankyou for your wise input Osiris, you really add intelligence to this discussion - we all give you thanks

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2013, 02:30:49 pm »
We have the support of Lord Tywin!
Short interview with him

Ok, remove catapult for defenders but then give them dragons (flying carpet + flamethrower) instead, im totally fine with that.

Don't be such a little pussy. We assaulted wooden castles aswell, and there always was one solution: Throw more armies against it.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2013, 02:33:19 pm »
Thankyou for your wise input Osiris, you really add intelligence to this discussion - we all give you thanks

well what your asking grandmom is to stop making suggestions for ways the devs can fix wooden castles and that apostates should just not defend it much
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2013, 02:46:52 pm »
I did vote 'yes' at the time, but that was just post-siege rage. Honestly, defenders should be able to use catapults, and that really isn't the part of the siege last night that needs to be fixed. Depriving defense of catapults wouldn't really fix or balance things.

The fact is, if wooden walls were breakable, or siege towers weren't so buggy i doubt we would even be having this discussion.

Realistically the two biggest issues with siege at the moment are the invincible wooden walls, and the 1/3 attack rule. Fix those and we can avoid any legitimate butthurt over sieges, they'd still be tough, costly and nightmarish to organize, but they'd be fair. Leave things as they are and i foresee another few months of stalemate fast approaching.

The problem is that the Greys expect every Siege to go their way and for it to somewhat be an easy job for them, as soon as it doesn't there are a lot of threads that pop up complaining about unfair it was, do you think if the positions were swapped around the Greys would be making all these threads about how OP wooden castles are? NO.

The threads would be about their massive victories and saying how shit the Apostates are, its just that the greys are raging at the moment because they are unable to come up with a tactic that is plausible and will help them get somewhat a foothold.

I agree that wooden walls are BS atm, but what are you going to do about it? Nothing, These are a few victories that the Apostates have had in the last few weeks and please just let us enjoy it like we let you enjoy yours, after we are all their for the XP otherwise no one would turn up
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2013, 02:49:34 pm »
. lel

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »
Ok, remove catapult for defenders but then give them dragons (flying carpet + flamethrower) instead, im totally fine with that.

Don't be such a little pussy. We assaulted wooden castles aswell, and there always was one solution: Throw more armies against it.

Ok Tyr, I see we wont make any progress here, thankyou for trying m8

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2013, 03:15:14 pm »
Granny, I don't see greys, wolves or any other faction doing what you propose, if they would be defenders in this castle. "Attackers have hard time capturing our castle so mkay, we won't destroy their siege towers, we won't use catapults which until now were fully legit defence tool". Riiiight  :wink: I remember Bobby using catapult in some castle a few weeks ago, shooting at attackers forward spawn and catapults and noone cared about it. Btw, when Shu Han and GO attacked Senuzgda castle a month ago in first two sieges defenders lost 600 troops, more or less the same amount as now.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2013, 03:21:35 pm »
+4
Well Ramses the problem is now at hand, not in 6 months. We both agree it seems that there is a problem, thats a start. Since we cant count on the devs to solve it by making the walls brakeable anytime soon, we could try and find solutions for it together. Would be the sencible thing to do here, since wooden castles are being sieged right now. So, if u have any suggestions other than focusing on the devs to solve it (which we ofc also should do) it would be utterly welcome in the discussion.

I am pretty new to this game, I havent sieged a wooden castle before, actually my first sieges in leadership of a clan was the first attacks of this war from our side - Bulugha and Rivacheg. So I will leave the suggestions up to the more experienced commanders like yourself.

Your argument flaws at the moment you think you HAVE to take Alburg castle. There are plenty of other castles to pick from, why don't you try attacking them? Instead of trying to change the rules at the most convinient time for you, why don't you propose the change, hope the best and then be on your way to a new target? It is senseless to accusse the devs of incompetance several months, even years after a change has been made and then think your proposed change happens at that exact moment. Wooden castles have been bugged for ages and you know it (Maybe not you in person, but people from your faction do), you attacked it well knowing what could happen.

Instead of bullshitting on the forums and demanding ludicrious changes (Not what you're doing, but what the Grey guys are), man up and change your game. I have 0 confidence in the devs from experience. I know they never change what is needed at the right time and in the right place. I lost all faith with chadz when he said Strategus would be on hold for 2 weeks, only to make it disappear for 6 months. You can't influence the devs with anything but simple suggestions, and hope for the best.

As Casimir said it once "Think not what strategus can do for you, but what you can do for strategus".

YOU have to change, not the game. Adjust your strategies, your baseline, everything untill you find the right angle.

(click to show/hide)