Poll

Prohibit the catapult for the defenders

No
63 (52.9%)
Yes
56 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: Prohibit the catapult for the defenders  (Read 7432 times)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Re: Prohibit the catapult for the defenders
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 02:53:51 am »
I didn't a developer. I can't give him ballistas.
They have a working finished model for it, i'm secretly hoping for it to release at strat 5)

When is bad for Merc's: http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/flag-cheat/
Simply breaking the rules there.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/the-kicking-of-attackers-at-maras-castle/
Not a clue what this is, seems a teeth whining topic about coalition exploiting, wasn't there at the time, but don't see the relation to it.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/crpg-ladder-simulator/
There were no rules at that time, the topic made there, is one of the topics that inspired me to make the strategus rules we all have to obey to nowadays.
Was unclear what was exploiting and what was allowed, even admins from both sides kicked ppl for doing stuff no one knew if it was allowed.

Not saying we don't do this, but you just took fiefs (rivacheg, can't remember the other) where the doors could only be opened by the attacker. Not a word on that is there?

yet, now you get your asses kicked, i count 4 topics dedicated to nerfing down that 1 single castle...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 03:01:01 am »
Not really. It was frustrating but we had our share of fun. Guys on TS even started to sing to keep the morale up :D It is a very difficult castle indeed. Steep hills, wooden walls and little space to place the siege tower. Plus bugged con materials...  The point is that in this particular case it was clearly visible how the defenders' catapult makes the difference. This should be balanced somehow... Hell, just look at the results of the recent sieges. Rare result for ANY siege, no matter who is the attacker.
Maybe adding the ballista as an expansion for castle instead of catapults, though separate ammo's would need to be made for in game, i think using siege projectile as defense is a legit way of keeping any siege engine away from the walls, as it was only attacking the siege tower.

Adding flaming arrows would be cool aswell, such as having a flaming pot and the defender and the attacker would need to press F on it each time, after the object being constructed of course, decreased damage against non wooden structure or cloth, increased damage if targeting the proper material.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 03:02:27 am »
+3
First of all, we have to agree there is a problem, if we dont we cant really discuss solutions to it now can we. So, attackers are, by the looks of it, strangely enough agreeing on that game mechanics on the sieges of wooden castles has problems.

Haboe, could we agree on this or are you fine with the way things are now?

And btw about the Rivacheg doors (that really didnt do any difference to the outcome anyway), yes it has been mentioned a couple of times and you managed to do it again - and that problem should be solved I agree

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 08:12:08 am »
+1
Not really. It was frustrating but we had our share of fun. Guys on TS even started to sing to keep the morale up :D It is a very difficult castle indeed. Steep hills, wooden walls and little space to place the siege tower. Plus bugged con materials...  The point is that in this particular case it was clearly visible how the defenders' catapult makes the difference. This should be balanced somehow... Hell, just look at the results of the recent sieges. Rare result for ANY siege, no matter who is the attacker.

Im truly honoured that my catapult skill have been recognised by the other side, i consider my 10 kills with it to be game breaking. PLus you guys are using the completely wrong tactic anyways, it is a small castle and thus rather easy to hit the siege tower, your ladder assaults are lack lustre and very unorganised and looks like you already set your selves up for defeat before the battle starts.

You guys haven't explored every option, you seem too set on that siege towers are going to work when they obviously don't.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 08:51:43 am »
Im truly honoured that my catapult skill have been recognised by the other side, i consider my 10 kills with it to be game breaking. PLus you guys are using the completely wrong tactic anyways, it is a small castle and thus rather easy to hit the siege tower, your ladder assaults are lack lustre and very unorganised and looks like you already set your selves up for defeat before the battle starts.

You guys haven't explored every option, you seem too set on that siege towers are going to work when they obviously don't.
shush.... let them use same tactic  :twisted:
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 09:47:30 am »
+2
Wooden castles should be made destroyable (which however will never happen due to dev inactivity), catapults shouldn't be prohibited.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: YnScN
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 09:49:25 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

I'm that Kapikulu guy :D. Btw there must be a balance for the wooden castles, since atackers cant use catapults i think defenders shouldnt be able to use it. Or if possible modify wooden castles so they can be hit by catapults.

Offline Sebi_is_Hero

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 139
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Mion_the_Grey, Aimicait & Velders_Mion_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Sebi_is_Hero
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 10:28:05 am »
iam the guy with the bec!

im famous now, thx!!!! anything information was givven in the video btw?

Maybe read the title of the video ?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 11:21:47 am »
Maybe read the title of the video ?

(click to show/hide)

I count 9 hits
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 11:22:59 am »
Please, don't take away the last hope of mercs!!!

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 11:30:10 am »
+2
This is nothing but pathetic.

Everybody knows these wooden castles are absolute bitches to take, due to the indestructable walls.

Instead of crying to the devs to change all sorts of things, focus on what we need: Destructable wooden walls.
    And in the mean time, commend your enemy for a defense well played. I must say that the Mercs did an excellent job at defending, but the Greys did a worse than usual result at attacking this one. Before you cry back to me; yes, I know how difficult it is to attack hard castles. I've been leading sieges too, also on difficult castles. The Fallen and I have never resorted ourselves to this senseless forum banter for a bad siege, I had expected better of the Greys.

Devs, make wooden walls destructable. The wooden castles are OP.

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 11:47:46 am »
Watching the greys attack last night was like watching whack a mole they spent the majority of the fight putting up ladders in the same darn place!!

Surely the greys tactics for attacking places is better then this? and they know that there is more then one side to that castle.... :oops:

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 12:29:21 pm »
+1
Instead of crying to the devs to change all sorts of things, focus on what we need:
oh wait..... tell this to Dave...

even if they have things ready to use they don't give a single fuck atm to implement them
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Kanclerz

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Vratislavia
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kanclerz_the_Grey
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 01:48:47 pm »
We have the support of Lord Tywin!
Short interview with him
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:55:29 pm by Kanclerz »

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 02:04:43 pm »

Haboe, could we agree on this or are you fine with the way things are now?

Wood not being destroyable by cata is bs ofc.

I think the only reason for that: There are no broken wooden wall models.
Was expecting them quickly after cata's got implemented, but it seems they never got to it.

It's bullshit ofc, but no one is forcing you to attack alburq.

As for mapfixes, they usually get through during resets of strategus.
With some luck we will get one at some point, then i hope to see broken wooden walls, fixed doors/ gates, ballista's and all the other crap they worked on in the past month (including reworked eco etc)