Author Topic: Thx for buffing the archers  (Read 7294 times)

Offline Liveon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • chadz...am sam, bo tak już mam.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Freedom
  • Game nicks: Liveon and... twins
Re: Thx for buffing the archers
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 11:51:35 am »

and you sir might go and brush up on your english  :wink:

and you sir might go and brush up on your archery  :wink:, or if you are without talent, become a translator,maybe...

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 11:56:14 am »
and you sir might go and brush up on your archery  :wink:, or if you are without talent, become a translator,maybe...

lol talent

<----------- thumbs up for u  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:57:19 am by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Liveon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2011, 12:05:08 pm »
lol talent

<----------- thumbs up for u  :mrgreen:
Where are your GREAT xbow-men? Any more questions :mrgreen:
This is the end, my friend, the end easy mode...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:08:25 pm by Liveon »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 12:05:19 pm »
Im sorry but how is that a buff? So lancers would be buffed if you removed their horse because then they are you know, lancers, not lancers on a horse?

:)

There isn't much "melee" in a medieval archer, but there is a lot of "horse" in a medieval lancer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:06:47 pm by Vibe »

Offline Liveon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 12:16:43 pm »
:)

There isn't much "melee" in a medieval archer, but there is a lot of "horse" in a medieval lancer.
Historically, heavy/long lance only for sporadic/disposable/single use, not for spamming...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 12:28:12 pm »
Historically, heavy/long lance only for sporadic/disposable/single use, not for spamming...

True, but unrelated.

Offline Liveon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2011, 12:36:12 pm »
True, but unrelated.
Really? Strongly associated with what is happening now in cRPG, when the rider standing in the one place and spamming lance- maybe this is iron-quick-hand-mutant...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:40:12 pm by Liveon »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2011, 12:41:53 pm »
I thought we got rid of you... Whatevs, you are a good guy on the forums and you only play siege. I don't care  :lol:

naaaah - this shit is faaaar too addictive, could not stand quitting for long ;-)
Claymore now decorates the wall of my virtual eremitage, well oiled and waiting for better times, I redistributed my heirloom points to a girlie bow (for scenarios where I want to have at least a 1-slot melee weapon), arrows and a real bow (longbow, it is not THAT slow once it is triple heirloomed and you have 160+ in archery... ;-) ), and I start getting melee kills with my 0-slot hammer as well, LOL.

Oh, - about siege only: that might change... so: CU and make sure the colors of your armor match those of my feathers...   :twisted:

to the rest of the thread: "pure" archers are fiction, just as c-rpg. As are melee guys in full armor that do not die of exhaustion after a few minutes of fighting, but still can run as fast as an unarmored archer... (ok, I have 0 athletics, need my points for converting... )
Archers have become better archers on average after the patch, and they have become 1 hit killfood in melee (after being 2 hit killfood before with a 10% chance of survival).
In scenarios where archers can be archers for more than 20 seconds it is indeed easier now - yesterday I was among the top 3 several times.
In maps where it would need some sort of teamplay/strategy, like pikes/melee/ranged really playing together and watching each other's back, we are now completely fucked and get 0/14 KD or so... :) So usually I drop ma bow, grab some spammer-bec or other still OP shit from the floor, and annoy my teammates with 0 WPF, PS1 totally uncontrolled melee swings... ;-)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:54:15 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2011, 12:57:04 pm »
Im sorry but how is that a buff? So lancers would be buffed if you removed their horse because then they are you know, lancers, not lancers on a horse?
Since you obviously have problems understanding, and the others were too busy laughing at you, let me explain. I never said it was a buff. I quoted a dude who was talking about how weird it was with the change in arrowspeed and I told him that the change in heavy lance speed was also very big (even a bigger change than the arrowspeed). I never said the change was for the better (a buff) nor did I say it was for the worse (which is a nerf and also what it was).

Then I made a comment about all the unfortunate teammates who got hit by me instead of the enemy I was aiming for, because of the change in lance speed.

Then I made a comment about the OT.

Does this make it clearer for you or do you need it put even more simply? If you want to I can find a preschool teacher to explain it to you. Then it might be simple enough for you :P
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 12:57:16 pm »
Really? Strongly associated with what is happening now in cRPG, when the rider standing in the one place and spamming lance- maybe this is iron-quick-hand-mutant...

What I was refering to was the term lancer: human, lance, horse
and the term archer: human, arrows, bow (and not necessarily a melee weapon)

If you take the horse away from lancer, it's not a lancer anymore, he's like a pikeman then. If you take a melee weapon from archer, he's still an archer. This argument goes all the way to:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:59:14 pm by Vibe »

Offline Liveon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 02:09:23 pm »
What I was refering to was the term lancer: human, lance, horse
and the term archer: human, arrows, bow (and not necessarily a melee weapon)

If you take the horse away from lancer, it's not a lancer anymore, he's like a pikeman then. If you take a melee weapon from archer, he's still an archer. This argument goes all the way to:
And what is the problem?
Drop your  lance on the ground and pick up and spamming, like pike...
LIKE PIKE but WiTHOUT PIKE.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:14:50 pm by Liveon »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 02:27:18 pm »
And what is the problem?
Drop your  lance on the ground and pick up and spamming, like pike...
LIKE PIKE but WiTHOUT PIKE.

Not saying there is a problem anywhere. What I was targeting was Mullerian's silly comment.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 02:40:33 pm »
My fridge is my shield

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 02:50:29 pm »
Not saying there is a problem anywhere. What I was targeting was Mullerian's silly comment.
Yeah it was a rather poor comparison, i just wanted to illustrate that removing something useful from a class is not a buff, no matter how you sugarcoat it.

"And yes archers where buffed in that now they are, you know, ARCHERS and not 2h/pole/shielder with bow."

And yes, he did indeed use the word "buffed" which as far as i know often means they are improved somehow.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 03:47:59 pm »
Yeah it was a rather poor comparison, i just wanted to illustrate that removing something useful from a class is not a buff, no matter how you sugarcoat it.

"And yes archers where buffed in that now they are, you know, ARCHERS and not 2h/pole/shielder with bow."

And yes, he did indeed use the word "buffed" which as far as i know often means they are improved somehow.

Yeah I get it. They weren't really buffed.