Doctor
Garbage Man
Video Game Designer
Army/Marine/Special Forces
President
Archaeologist
Teacher
Drug Dealer

Author Topic: [NA] Phantasmal  (Read 20202 times)

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
Re: [NA] Phantasmal
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2013, 07:57:37 pm »
+1
The touristy areas of DC are really nice, but in the evening and night (all shops close around 5pm it seems) it got really ghetto really quickly.  Vagrants literally everywhere.  I really liked visiting, but wouldn't want to live there (well not at least in the downtown area, can't speak about the 'burbs which seemed pretty damn nice).

I stayed on GW campus, so it was definitely more sheltered than the average D.C. environment.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2013, 08:41:30 pm »
+3
The best thing about D.C. was the urban feel, but with lots of green area, monuments, and museums.  Two years ago the highlight of my summer was going to visit a friend in D.C. who was interning there. We rented bikes and traveled through the city hitting all the major attractions. From recent visits there, the nightlife seems pretty good too.

NYC was great, just extremely expensive to live in (ultra shitty apartments with high rent/food was unbelievably pricey).

Boston has been great too, minus the Boston accent.

@ Matey & Canuck: The only two cities I have visited in Canada are Toronto and Montreal :/

I visited DC/Baltimore 4 times over the last few years. I wouldn't live in DC itself, but the surrounding area is very nice. I was offered a job there and considered moving, but it wasn't enough to cover the cost of living.

Also, you should add Dallas/Fort Worth to your list.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »
+3
You people don't know what living is untill you've been to Wisconsin.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2013, 09:10:41 pm »
+3
You people don't know what living is untill you've been to Wisconsin.

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2013, 10:24:53 pm »
+2
NYC was very dirty...
No doubt, NYC is the worst of the worst for a reason.
Boston was okay wicked pissah, nothing fahking special, somewhat [/s]boring actually[/s] massholetastic.
Fixed it for you.

As a Masshole I am 100% biased in this pole, that being said all you other countries and city's fahking suck. Can you go down Route 3 from Braintree to the Sagamore Bridge in under 30 minutes? Does your lame city have a wicked pissah accent? Do you get shitfaced out in the streets and piss in frog pond?

Boston has been great too, minus the Boston accent.

This except our accent is cool as shit
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2013, 04:57:48 am »
+2
One vote for Chiraq.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2013, 05:29:22 am »
+2
Phan.

Can I get xbow lessons from you? I mean I was neck and neck with you in that strat battle for xbow kills for a bit then you fucking smoked me.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2013, 11:30:24 pm »
+2
Phan.

Can I get xbow lessons from you? I mean I was neck and neck with you in that strat battle for xbow kills for a bit then you fucking smoked me.

17 and 1/2 gens of xbow and counting. Getting used to the bolt drops at distance took the longest time. That and trusting my aim.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2013, 11:37:53 pm »
+2
17 and 1/2 gens of xbow and counting. Getting used to the bolt drops at distance took the longest time. That and trusting my aim.

So I need to trust my crossbow. Hmm I guess I could take it out for a walk.

The distance part definitely takes some getting used to but I'm ok with that. I seem to mess up more when they're right under me close up. Then I seem to aim too high when I should be aiming slightly lower because of the directly below me aspect.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2013, 12:13:19 am »
+2
Haha yeah I can't do directly below or above me shots. I only learned to aim in third person, so my characteristic mess of blonde hair only gets in the way. I generally aim for enemy ranged because they are the easiest to hit at distance and are the most predictable in their behavior. Archers and xbows stand still before shooting allowing someone in a good, hidden spot (free from being shot at themselves) to patiently wait until they stop moving and snipe them. Melee I just shoot at when they are massed together and moving towards an objective. I just aim head level and cross my fingers.

EDIT: Also, drop the helmets and boots in strat battles. They only inhibit your ability to aim and are unnecessary in an organized battle. Make sure your body weight+4*(hand armor weight)<10 to not suffer accuracy penalties as well.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:19:02 am by Phantasmal »

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2013, 12:17:55 am »
+2
Haha yeah I can't do directly below or above me shots. I only learned to aim in third person, so my characteristic mess of blonde hair only gets in the way. I generally aim for enemy ranged because they are the easiest to hit at distance and are the most predictable in their behavior. Archers and xbows stand still before shooting allowing someone in a good, hidden spot (free from being shot at themselves) to patiently wait until they stop moving and snipe them. Melee I just shoot at when they are massed together and moving towards an objective. I just aim head level and cross my fingers.

Hah. I go for enemy xbows and archers first too. I like to wait a second or two too when I see an enemy xbow reloading their xbow. Then release my bolt just before they finish reloading. best chance for a head shot plus if it doesn't kill them it stopped their reloading at just the right moment, making them all the more frustrated.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2013, 12:39:52 am »
+2

EDIT: Also, drop the helmets and boots in strat battles. They only inhibit your ability to aim and are unnecessary in an organized battle. Make sure your body weight+4*(hand armor weight)<10 to not suffer accuracy penalties as well.

I read this and all I thought was NERD
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:09:08 am by mcdeath »
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2013, 12:46:33 am »
+1
I read this and all I thought was NERD

FTFY

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2013, 01:10:17 am »
+2
FTFY

Not sure what you are talking about

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2013, 01:01:50 am »
Of the cities on the list, the best place to live is...

Boston 4 (12.5%)
Washington, D.C. 3 (9.4%)
Chicago 3 (9.4%)
New York City 3 (9.4%)
Los Angeles 1 (3.1%)
San Francisco 4 (12.5%)
Miami 1 (3.1%)
Toronto 3 (9.4%)
Montreal 1 (3.1%)
Seattle 9 (28.1%)

New poll.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:05:09 am by Phantasmal »