3 (5.6%)
No
8 (14.8%)
No
9 (16.7%)
Badmin
34 (63%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: [NA] Dracul_Artyem  (Read 22037 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: [NA] Dracul_Artyem
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2014, 10:48:05 am »
+2
It doesn't matter what time it is, if you're breaking the rules and in turn ruining the fun for other players, you'll be punished.  It may have been 3:00 AM where you are, but it was only 12:00 AM where I am, and for some players it was as early as 9:00 PM.

I get what you're saying though, watching horse archers spend more than half the round riding away from the enemy team is very irritating.  But as long as people are still actively shooting at each other, the rules aren't being broken.  There's a huge difference between trying to save your multiplier and drawing the round out and actively delaying the round by basically AFKing when you're the last two people alive.

I do my best to treat everybody as equals, I'm sorry if you're upset by the way I handled the situation, I wasn't fully up to date at first, so when the ban thread came up it gave me more info to work with.

Ultimately, it's important to remember that not everybody has fun the same way you do.  You may have seen it as late night shenanigans, but to the others it could have been prime time delaying.

Not that arty was involved whatsoever, but friends have been banned based on simple 'Q' chat spam. If using a vocal, non-combat effective spam is equatable to hourly/daily/monthly ban then we either need to rethink functions or rethink Admin applicants.

I've never seen anybody get banned for 'Q' chat spam, but I'd agree with you that it's over the top.  We have a mute and a kick function for a reason.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2014, 08:18:43 pm »
It doesn't matter what time it is, if you're breaking the rules and in turn ruining the fun for other players, you'll be punished.  It may have been 3:00 AM where you are, but it was only 12:00 AM where I am, and for some players it was as early as 9:00 PM.

I get what you're saying though, watching horse archers spend more than half the round riding away from the enemy team is very irritating.  But as long as people are still actively shooting at each other, the rules aren't being broken.  There's a huge difference between trying to save your multiplier and drawing the round out and actively delaying the round by basically AFKing when you're the last two people alive.

I do my best to treat everybody as equals, I'm sorry if you're upset by the way I handled the situation, I wasn't fully up to date at first, so when the ban thread came up it gave me more info to work with.

Ultimately, it's important to remember that not everybody has fun the same way you do.  You may have seen it as late night shenanigans, but to the others it could have been prime time delaying.

I've never seen anybody get banned for 'Q' chat spam, but I'd agree with you that it's over the top.  We have a mute and a kick function for a reason.
I understand that your goal is enjoyment for everyone, however, a simple kick would have sufficed.
When simple things like my actions or the lack thereof last night turn into hourly bans when you as an admin have more then sufficient capabilities to govern the server it shows a lacking, one that as an admin I'd hope you understand.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2014, 02:04:38 am »
The whole point of giving a ban is to make sure you won't do it again.  I only gave you a six hour ban, I'm sure there are plenty of admins who would have given a much longer punishment.

Regardless, you broke the rules, I banned you, your ban is over.  In your opinion a 6 hour ban was too much, other people on the server complained because  they thought the ban was too short.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2014, 03:09:59 am »
+2
Badmin

(click to show/hide)
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2014, 06:32:28 am »
Badmin

(click to show/hide)

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2014, 08:00:55 am »
You must not have reported it then, because I seriously don't remember you getting teamkilled afterwards.

I definitely remember you killing Vesarius and Larry repeatedly though, since they kept calling me on my phone until I got on to handle it.

post ban threads

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2014, 09:27:24 pm »
+1
'I' Chat, ban threads, steam, etc.

if you're too lazy to report the people killing you, then I can't do anything about it because I don't know about it.  Admins don't have a magical chat feature that reports every team wound, we only have what we see and what people tell us.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2014, 11:45:53 pm »
I like Artemis :))))))))))

I hate all admins tho!!!!!!!!!111111111

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2014, 10:16:00 am »
The whole point of giving a ban is to make sure you won't do it again.  I only gave you a six hour ban, I'm sure there are plenty of admins who would have given a much longer punishment.

Regardless, you broke the rules, I banned you, your ban is over.  In your opinion a 6 hour ban was too much, other people on the server complained because  they thought the ban was too short.

Alright so I played out the times, like 'hey, maybe you're right, maybe there is something active or interesting going on' but no, even on weekends when things should or could be going on, the groups that gather at those times clearly could not give a care despite circumstance.

This is your feedback, I'm not trying to target you... Nor am I trying to set my own spergish rep, you banned me for little reason during times that may include my own peek. You told me to give you feedback based as such. All I'm attempting to get too is that do not exhaust other means of reprimand when you can analyze a symptom, or for instance: use your ability to kick.

I'm only going on because I take this game and my own fun in this seriously, I take others fun in to account as well. If I'm being a piece of shit or causing others to react to myself as a piece of shit, then I'm done. The ban really doesn't matter to myself by this point, it is long over with. However, as stated above, I'm just throwing my opinion out there.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:19:41 am by Jaren »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2014, 09:33:39 pm »
+3
You're right, I should be in spectator at all times so I can watch the entire server.

"I didn't report the guys teamwounding me, and the admin didn't see it, therefore his judgement is biased."

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2014, 05:17:05 am »
I don't even know what situation you're referring to then, I joined in time to watch you kill two teammates, banned you, and then played a few rounds and left.  At what point were you getting killed within range of me?  I mean, honestly, if I missed it then it was an honest mistake.  I barely even have an active clan to be biased towards, I just don't understand your accusation at this point.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2014, 05:33:29 am »
I don't even know what situation you're referring to then, I joined in time to watch you kill two teammates, banned you, and then played a few rounds and left.  At what point were you getting killed within range of me?  I mean, honestly, if I missed it then it was an honest mistake.  I barely even have an active clan to be biased towards, I just don't understand your accusation at this point.
It looks to me since playing this game that you just admin for your friends and heavily biased to anyone else.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2014, 05:54:31 am »
I mean, I can't really argue, do you have any examples?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:42:52 am by Artyem »

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2014, 02:31:12 pm »
I mean, I can't really argue, do you have any examples?

Those posting complaints in this thread all have one thing in common and that involves your clan makes which is normal for you but it involves them doing wrong and never getting in trouble while non clan members always get banned in the argument or griefing taking place. It has never happened to me by you but I've witnessed many times. This thread is feedback so take my advice and adjust your ways and not post YouTube videos as replies.

I've seen other admins like for example ganner, san, and muki ban their friends or clan members but never seen you get involved unless a friend/clan member ask to you to get involved.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:36:43 pm by Goretooth »

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2014, 05:43:54 pm »
I've seen other admins like for example ganner, san, and muki ban their friends or clan members but never seen you get involved unless a friend/clan member ask to you to get involved.

Under scrutiny this statement is a bunch of malarkey. There are 4 "active" Dracul members (and by active I mean they play maybe twice a week). Larry, Artyem, HappyPhantom, Khako. How is Artyem expected to ban people who barely even play the game.

Now as far as banning his friends... The Ravens have a joint banner with Dracul. If a Raven member gets banned or warned for any reason they get reprimanded from Hungry or myself immediately. We do not allow trolls, greifers, teamwounders, or teamkillers into the clan at all and if its discovered they are one, they do not last long in the clan. So Artyem has little reason to be banning his friends either. Next time Goretooth try thinking a bit before deciding to take a stand against an admin who is actually doing his job and admits to his mistakes when there is a issue. (see previous posts in this very thread)